Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-22-2020, 11:40 AM   #2201
SONICobra
Batman

geewhiz customs is LEGIT. i had them tailor a pair of pants for a custom statue im working on and they came out better than i could have hoped for. yes not cheap especially when you factor in shipping but well worth it

jacket looks awesome, congrats
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 12:27 AM   #2202
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
geewhiz customs is LEGIT. i had them tailor a pair of pants for a custom statue im working on and they came out better than i could have hoped for. yes not cheap especially when you factor in shipping but well worth it

jacket looks awesome, congrats
Thanks!
They are great. Looking at their other work for 1/6th stuff is stunning.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 02:19 PM   #2203
N54
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
New jacket. Geewhiz Customs

Sent them the old one to use for parts and pattern.
Real leather.
Wasn't cheap but had to be done.
Had them lengthen it slightly as the original was too short
to look correct.

Hi
Sent you a pm about this
Can you confirm please how you got the old jacket off and new one on?

Many thanks
N54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 03:19 PM   #2204
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Dammit, I was hoping there was a new Indy being made...
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 07:59 PM   #2205
VintageDisney
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
Dammit, I was hoping there was a new Indy being made...
I thought the exact same too lol. Insane how we haven?t gotten a new Indy premium format in so long. Nothing is stopping sideshow from making one, as it would surely sell out.
VintageDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 08:15 PM   #2206
Thor Odinson
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisney View Post
I thought the exact same too lol. Insane how we haven?t gotten a new Indy premium format in so long. Nothing is stopping sideshow from making one, as it would surely sell out.
They probably don't have a license to make them and if they did I wonder if they would make a young Indy again, which is the one that I would have any interest in.
Thor Odinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 08:44 PM   #2207
VintageDisney
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Odinson View Post
They probably don't have a license to make them and if they did I wonder if they would make a young Indy again, which is the one that I would have any interest in.
If Im betting, Id say see Indy related items from Sideshow or Hot toys next year with Indy 5. Hasbro has recently acquired the license to make toys for Indy 5, and theres rumors for Lego Indy sets coming this fall, so Im hoping sideshow can at least make something based off Indy when the new film comes out. It doesnt even need have to be based off the new movie, but Im hoping we get something
VintageDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 01:51 PM   #2208
craigcliff1
Zot

I would think SSC dosen't license now. I remember the LSF wasn't
popular, they didn't bother to do that statue, can't remember any new pieces from Indy on horse
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 02:22 PM   #2209
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I want a proper Raiders Indy with real leather jacket. The pleather stuff is just junk after a few years.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 02:41 AM   #2210
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Getting some requests on the process for how I replaced the jacket. For those that want to know what to do, you must break the arms of the statue to remove the old jacket, I was able to do it by only breaking one arm, the right arm near the elbow. You do not want to break it near the wrist hand area so take precautions. The old jacket pleather will crumble off as you remove. It's a mess. LOL You must send the old jacket to Geewhiz Customs but you must contact them first and get their instructions on how to ship to them in Philippines, you will have a long wait, as they are booked up well in advanced but it's worth it. Ship it off and just forget about it and when it's time they will let you know.
Getting the jacket back on is tricky with only one arm broken but I did it, the new jacket is strong enough to handle being pulled and stretched a bit. You may need to hold onto the shirt cuff with something so it doesn't slide up the arm. Can't remember all I did now but take your time and think it through and it will be ok. It's not inexpensive, you will be spending for a high quality replacement custom product. So expect the price to reflect that and that Indy will look great a long time. I asked that they lengthen mine slightly as it was too short from Sideshow and not as film accurate as I would have liked, so measure how much you want them to lengthen if you want that and provide detailed instructions.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote