Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-10-2018, 07:15 PM   #1901
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Well, like many here, my time isn't free and I don't appreciate it being wasted. I don't bother with these silly codes myself but I can sympathize with those that do everything right to redeem them only to have server issues keep them from making it worthwhile. You and others can throw out the FREE word as much as you like, that doesn't absolve a company from making sure the process they've put in place runs the way it should in my eyes. Extending the redemption window by a few minutes to make up for their poor server performance doesn't seem like much to ask. Keep it as is and people will just eventually stop caring like I have.
Agree again. And in my situation, they have annoyed me to the point that I don’t bother with the codes. Is it worth it to annoy your customers over a $2 code? Apparently yes. When you have a long live stream with a 2 minute window for a code, naturally people are going to be excluded.

The shows are boring, essentially an hour long commercial where I get to hear about how awesome of a company Sideshow is. I think I have genuinely watched three times, when Deadpool Heat Seeker was being shown, Lady Deadpool, and JSC.

If I’m interested in a product it would make more sense for me to watch after the fact, in HD. I’m looking in the chat more than watching the video for the code anyways. And when there is no code, I’m like “Well there’s an hour of my life I’ll never have back.”
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:37 PM   #1902
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Well, like many here, my time isn't free and I don't appreciate it being wasted. I don't bother with these silly codes myself but I can sympathize with those that do everything right to redeem them only to have server issues keep them from making it worthwhile. You and others can throw out the FREE word as much as you like, that doesn't absolve a company from making sure the process they've put in place runs the way it should in my eyes. Extending the redemption window by a few minutes to make up for their poor server performance doesn't seem like much to ask. Keep it as is and people will just eventually stop caring like I have.
If you consider taking the risk of watching the show AND NOT getting a rewards code a waste of time then don't watch the show and the people who do watch the show and don't get the code should stop complaining and crying about not getting the code because sideshow never promised that everyone who watches the show will be able to get the code. Getting the rewards points is really up to how fast the individual inputs the code.

sideshow does not have poor server performance i have never had a server issue with putting the code in i won almost 75 $ in rewards codes everything is perfectly fine with the system the fault is with you not sideshow
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:44 PM   #1903
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
If you consider taking the risk of watching the show AND NOT getting a rewards code a waste of time then don't watch the show and the people who do watch the show and don't get the code should stop complaining and crying about not getting the code because sideshow never promised that everyone who watches the show will be able to get the code. Getting the rewards points is really up to how fast the individual inputs the code.

sideshow does not have poor server performance i have never had a server issue with putting the code in i won almost 75 $ in rewards codes everything is perfectly fine with the system the fault is with you not sideshow
The issues with the servers are among many people and reported in both forums. Just because you haven’t had any issue with it doesn’t mean others haven’t.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:50 AM   #1904
Ginormousthumbs
Blue Falcon

I haven’t watched the last 2 weeks mainly because I wasn’t interested. I go through stretches were I’ll watch like 4 or 5 weeks in a row but then I don’t feel like watching Susan, Kitty and the gang giggling over their inside jokes and blah blah. The 2 minute window is ridiculous. It’s $2 or $3! It’s not like it’s $50. Is it really going to hurt them if 1,000 people get a $2 code? Hell no.
Ginormousthumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 06:42 PM   #1905
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Not worth sitting through live to then try and hunt for a $2 dollar discount. Better to just wait for the post and watch the reveals you are interested in. I already stopped paying attention.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:48 PM   #1906
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post

Error messages when people try to sign in would mean that the fault is with Sideshow's site, just because you personally have not had a problem (yet) doesn't mean others have not.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 11:42 PM   #1907
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Just a head's up in case SS drops a code during tomorrow's live stream, I'm actually having some login trouble right now. I would recommend signing in prior to the show if you can, so the error doesn't catch you during the unforgiving input time frame.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 04:14 AM   #1908
JC1977
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
Just a head's up in case SS drops a code during tomorrow's live stream, I'm actually having some login trouble right now. I would recommend signing in prior to the show if you can, so the error doesn't catch you during the unforgiving input time frame.
what time is the live stream and how much will I have to pay attention to the show as to not miss the code?
JC1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 04:30 AM   #1909
AC_808
Hercules

SideShow Live starts 11am pacific time.

...and pay attention to the chat. More specifically look for Sideshow's posts in the chat. Whoever is manning the chat for Sideshow, will post the code in the chat.

The last couple times, the code was posted in the chat at the end of the show.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 04:32 AM   #1910
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
...and don't let the webpage sit idle for too long. Otherwise, you will get logged out due to inactivity.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote