Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-14-2017, 01:49 AM   #701
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Just saw Justice League and it was a solid 3/10. It was “meh.” The movie had little-to-no heart. Ben Affleck seemed like he was sleep walking through the film. Any and all lingering questions from BvS like the floating rocks at the end, Bruce’s seeing The Flash, the Knightmare were either left unanswered or not even referenced. Superman’s being this bright colorful symbol of hope was a far cry from the dark and dreary character of the prior films. Superman’s kicking the crap out of Steppenwolf was anti-climactic and too easy. Steppenwolf’s CGI rendering was awful.

If they could bring in a Teen Titan like Cyborg then they should have made this Flash into Kid Flash as this Flash was unrecognizable from the character of the last 60 years. Aquaman as a slang-speaking whooping cowboy also was unrecognizable. And what was the “unity” that Steppenwolf was trying to achieve? But the point about Marvel movies’ being made by fans of the characters vs DC movies’ being made by businessmen feels pretty right. Again, no heart. Wonder Woman was the only bright point of this film.

Last edited by wktf; 12-14-2017 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Correcting typos.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 10:33 AM   #702
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Just saw Justice League and it was a solid 3/10. It was “meh.” The movie had little-to-no heart. Ben Affleck seemed like he was sleep walking through the film. Any and all lingering questions from BvS like the floating rocks at the end, Bruce’s seeing The Flash, the Knightmare were either left unanswered or not even referenced. Superman’s being this bright colorful symbol of hope was a far cry from the dark and dreary character of the prior films. Superman’s kicking the crap out of Steppenwolf was anti-climactic and too easy. Steppenwolf’s CGI rendering was awful.

If they could bring in a Teen Titan like Cyborg then they should have made this Flash into Kid Flash as this Flash was unrecognizable from the character of the last 60 years. Aquaman as a slang-speaking whooping cowboy also was unrecognizable. And what was the “unity” that Steppenwolf was trying to achieve? But the point about Marvel movies’ being made by fans of the characters vs DC movies’ being made by businessmen feels pretty right. Again, no heart. Wonder Woman was the only bright point of this film.
I felt the same as you about most of the characters. I did enjoy Superman kicking ass against the league and Stepphenwolf. It just shows how strong he is, but do wish they went with Snyder's black costume version.

Afflect, thankfully he is not reprising the role as Batman, is the 3rd worse Batman, preceded only by Cooney and Kilmer. Momoa as Aquaman didn't bother me as much as Flash and Cyborg, but really wished they went with more of the comic book version.

Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman scenes were definitely the highlight of the movies. Her scenes as Diana Prince could have been better.

For me, the worse of the DC movies. Even Suicide Squad was better.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 01:13 PM   #703
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I felt the same as you about most of the characters. I did enjoy Superman kicking ass against the league and Stepphenwolf. It just shows how strong he is, but do wish they went with Snyder's black costume version.

Afflect, thankfully he is not reprising the role as Batman, is the 3rd worse Batman, preceded only by Cooney and Kilmer. Momoa as Aquaman didn't bother me as much as Flash and Cyborg, but really wished they went with more of the comic book version.

Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman scenes were definitely the highlight of the movies. Her scenes as Diana Prince could have been better.

For me, the worse of the DC movies. Even Suicide Squad was better.
Well, I’d still put this above Suicide Squad but, that said, it was collosally disappointing in nearly every way. I agree, it was great to see Superman kick the crap out of the JLA, including Wonder Woman (though that fight should have been closer), and Steppenwolf. But his manhandling of Steppenwolf still was too fast and easy to consider this threat credible or to make the movie that interesting.

Such a bland film with so many problems.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:48 PM   #704
built2shred
Phoenix

New Article came out about Snyder, seems he was actually fired 2 months before his daughters death. It seems the rough cut of Justice League was so unwatchable, Warner Brothers executives fired Snyder and had Joss Whedon do the reshoots to try and save the movie the best he could.

If the finish movie was rather unwatchable I hate to see what the rough cut looked like.. yikes...

It will be interesting to see if Warner Brothers reboots again or if they bring in someone new to try and save the franchise.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:04 AM   #705
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

It’s a shame he wasn’t allowed to at least complete his trilogy and share his ultimate vision. I have no doubts had he been able to follow through he’d have delivered something better than what that hack Whedon gave us. Justice League was a missed opportunity and the most disappointing DCEU entry to date IMO.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:09 AM   #706
Gothamite
Phoenix

They don't really have to reboot, especially since the first Wonder Woman movie was so popular. They're gonna make at least one more Wonder Woman and one more Harley Quinn movie.

Shazam is already in production, and Aquaman is in post-production.

So, that's four more movies.

What they really need to do...is stop making any other movies. If Wonder Woman 2 and whatever the next Harley Quinn movie happens to be are both popular, make more Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn sequels until they run their course. Any reboot can happen after that.

And yeah, Joss Whedon sucks.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 02:05 AM   #707
built2shred
Phoenix

Hey Firefly was awesome and Fox were morons for cancelling it

I also enjoyed the Avengers which he did... It's a bit rough to come in at the end of a project and do some reshoots to try and save a movie you had no say in the way it was written.. Plus given the less then popular Batman Vs Superman movie I would say the disaster lays at Snyders feet and not Whedons. Although from what I read Geoff Johns is taking some heat for it's failure also...

MOS was pretty good, BvS was ok, Suicide Squad really sucked and Justice League was a turd in the toilet, each movie was worse then the one before it. Not a good trend.... Wonder Woman was decent but IMO overrated, the story was just ok and CGI was rather bad, it got overhyped because of all the "Girl Power" sentiment that was going around at the time which caused people to watch it with rose colored glasses.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:18 AM   #708
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Hey Firefly was awesome and Fox were morons for cancelling it

I also enjoyed the Avengers which he did... It's a bit rough to come in at the end of a project and do some reshoots to try and save a movie you had no say in the way it was written.. Plus given the less then popular Batman Vs Superman movie I would say the disaster lays at Snyders feet and not Whedons. Although from what I read Geoff Johns is taking some heat for it's failure also...

MOS was pretty good, BvS was ok, Suicide Squad really sucked and Justice League was a turd in the toilet, each movie was worse then the one before it. Not a good trend.... Wonder Woman was decent but IMO overrated, the story was just ok and CGI was rather bad, it got overhyped because of all the "Girl Power" sentiment that was going around at the time which caused people to watch it with rose colored glasses.
While I don't like Zack Snyder's movies in general, I thought he actually did okay as far as Wonder Woman in BvS was concerned. The WW clips in the JL trailers seemed promising as well. Then I saw the actual movie, where the good stuff in the trailers was replaced by Whedon's random butt shots, idiotic sex jokes, and multiple, unnecessary uses of the s-word.

And yes, I do hate butt shots when they're done just for the sake of doing them.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:50 AM   #709
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
While I don't like Zack Snyder's movies in general, I thought he actually did okay as far as Wonder Woman in BvS was concerned. The WW clips in the JL trailers seemed promising as well. Then I saw the actual movie, where the good stuff in the trailers was replaced by Whedon's random butt shots, idiotic sex jokes, and multiple, unnecessary uses of the s-word.

And yes, I do hate butt shots when they're done just for the sake of doing them.
Unless you saw the original cut by Snyder how do you know the "Butt shots, Idiotic sex jokes and the use of the s-word" was Josh Whedon's doing? Whedon only did a few reshoots he didn't reshoot the whole movie.

Those aside, the issue with Justice League was the story which was mostly Snyder...
Old 02-14-2018, 10:05 AM   #710
Gothamite
Phoenix

1) The trailer footage was substantially different from the final movie.

2) All the juvenile nonsense is obviously similar to the juvenile nonsense in Whedon's other work.

3) We know Whedon re-shot much of the movie bc of all the creepy CGI Henry Cavill footage (where they had to remove his Mission Impossible mustache).