Yes a lot of that was on the dvd, extras
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:01 AM   #12
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iacon13 View Post
Can of Worms indeed...
It all happened 4 million years ago on a planet called Cybertron....
Actually I think the guys at Hasbro discovered the guys at Takara at one of the New York Toy shows shortly after they had started making the diaclone.

Whats funny is that Jetfire is the one story that's totally different because Takara did not own the rights to that design originally.
The mold for Jetfire was based on the original veritech fighter that was made by Takatoku. When they went outta business Bandai bought the design and licensed it out to Hasbro to make Jetfire who for all intents and purposes looks exactly like the VF1S which Takatoku produced. The VF1S came out I think in 1981 or 1982...I would have to check the box. Jetfire came out in 1985.
There were many other Veritechs made by Takatoku but the VF1S remains the most elusive to find and the best!
I own both the VF1S and of course Jetfire and they look pretty cool together. Even the Armour mold is the same except Jetfires is red and the VF1S is grey. Eye colour and decals are also different.
If you look on line all the info is out there with pics of the toys on various sites.
As well all have popped up on eBay at one point or another.
Yeah..I'm a Transformer nut...my favorite property. I collect everything from the toys to my favorite part which are the original cartoon cels from the 1984-85 seasons of the cartoon series as well as Transformers the Movie from 1986.

Any pics of your collection out there?

Would love to see it!
T.MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:04 AM   #13
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
my favorite property. I collect everything from the toys to my favorite part which are the original cartoon cels from the 1984-85 seasons of the cartoon series as well as Transformers the Movie from 1986.
I've always kept an eye out for animation cels but they are rare.

Never managed to find any good ones
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:14 AM   #14
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.MAC View Post
Any pics of your collection out there?

Would love to see it!
Yup! Just google Iacon City Transformers cel and you will find me. Scroll to the bottom and you will see a link to my TF pieces, some Batman Animated Series cels, and some other art. I don't have any original comic art but I have a couple of Bruce Timm pieces. When you get to the first page you will see most of my Movie cels. most of them have their original hand painted backgrounds. Surprisingly episode cels usually have their original matching backgrounds but movie cels often do not. Movie cels would often have a movie background but they were often not matching. When you get to it that is the only surviving cel of Coronation Starscream and yes that is the cel of Wheeljack and Windchargers body.
Can't believe I own them....
Let me know what yah think!
Love talking to TF fans...there do not seem to be a lot of Statue collectors that also love the Transformers.
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:30 AM   #15
craigcliff1
Zot

That's one thing about TF statues, from what I have read for years they like figures not statues, also for G.I. So not many look, on Sideshow Freaks makes this forum look crowded. Post IH not one comment, Quint statue a week ago not one comment.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:36 AM   #16
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
That's one thing about TF statues, from what I have read for years they like figures not statues, also for G.I. So not many look on Sideshow Freaks make this forum look crowded. Post IH not one comment, Quint statue a week ago not one comment.
Yeah..it's kinda sad. I mean I realize that the nature of Transformers is their ability to Transform and the engineering that goes into that but a nice statue of a character is also amazing! I personally love that line of bust made years ago by Diamond Select. They looked really good. Wish the line never died. The Hard Hero stuff was ok. A little boxy.
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:09 AM   #17
craigcliff1
Zot

I loved figures in 85. Then I started collecting 12years ago and bought a figure from Star Wars. Was cool but looked cheap. Then I found statues, no more figures. You could give the complete collection Star Wars, TF, G.I. and I could not sell them or give them away I would not want them.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:34 AM   #18
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Yup! Just google Iacon City Transformers cel and you will find me. Scroll to the bottom and you will see a link to my TF pieces, some Batman Animated Series cels, and some other art. I don't have any original comic art but I have a couple of Bruce Timm pieces. When you get to the first page you will see most of my Movie cels. most of them have their original hand painted backgrounds. Surprisingly episode cels usually have their original matching backgrounds but movie cels often do not. Movie cels would often have a movie background but they were often not matching. When you get to it that is the only surviving cel of Coronation Starscream and yes that is the cel of Wheeljack and Windchargers body.
Can't believe I own them....
Let me know what yah think!
Love talking to TF fans...there do not seem to be a lot of Statue collectors that also love the Transformers.
Saw the website! It's awesome! Those cells are pretty cool! You got some real nice ones! I also like the Batman/Superman animated series stuff, one of my favorite cartoons ever!

I don't recall Universal Studios doing the Transformers promotion but would have loved that as a kid! Too bad too because I grew in SoCal.
T.MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 06:18 PM   #19
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
I personally love that line of bust made years ago by Diamond Select. They looked really good. Wish the line never died.
Loved them. Sadly I don't collect busts... stick some legs on those guys and they would be my grails.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:12 PM   #20
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Who the funk is Delta Magnus?

Time for Wiki and Google...
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote