Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 07-28-2010, 04:07 PM   #1
Davidian
Omega Flight

EBAS art and prints stolen at SDCC!

Mods, I'm not sure if this is an appropriate thread, if not please move it to where it would be.

All, I don't know if all of you are familiar with Eric Basaldua's (EBAS) artwork, but all of his art and prints were stolen at SDCC. So as a favor for a him, I told him that I would keep a look out on Ebay and CAF to see if someone is trying to sell his stuff (i.e same seller trying to sell a lot of his art). The more people we have on the look out the better so we can get this great artist his property back. So if any of you could assist me with looking, it will be greatly appreciated. Let me know if any of you see anything suspicious. Thanks all!
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:11 PM   #2
Tattoo-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
Mods, I'm not sure if this is an appropriate thread, if not please move it to where it would be.

All, I don't know if all of you are familiar with Eric Basaldua's (EBAS) artwork, but all of his art and prints were stolen at SDCC. So as a favor for a him, I told him that I would keep a look out on Ebay and CAF to see if someone is trying to sell his stuff (i.e same seller trying to sell a lot of his art). The more people we have on the look out the better so we can get this great artist his property back. So if any of you could assist me with looking, it will be greatly appreciated. Let me know if any of you see anything suspicious. Thanks all!
This sounds suspicious Dave. You trying to throw people off your trail with this?

J/K

Good luck. I hate effin thieves! Low lives right next to liars.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:18 PM   #3
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Wow... that's f#cked.

Hope that idiot realizes he'll have a hard (if not impossible) time selling the pieces...

David, you should ask Eric what specific pieces were in it.. high-profile ones, anyways.. so people will know what to look out for.

Eric's a decent guy; sucks that this happened to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post

Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:08 PM   #4
goingbroke223
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

odds are someone wont be stupid enuff to post them or sell them. My Phillip Tan Hal Jordan was stolen from a friend pickin it up for me at sdcc 2008 and still no sign of it... good luck hope he finds everything
goingbroke223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:14 PM   #5
punisher129
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

That's sad to hear. I really like his artwork. I hope he can recover his stuff.

---PUNISHER KILLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE---
punisher129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:23 PM   #6
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

That sucks, how did they manage to steal it?
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:56 PM   #7
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

SDCC's security must be run by barney fife...somethin gets stolen every year
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:20 PM   #8
whd
Suicide Squad

I hope he gets it back. It can't be a fun thing to deal with.
whd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:28 PM   #9
liamsynclair
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I agree with Argo...try to find out what pieces were stolen...it would help tremendously...then everything EBAS will be suspect...imagine trying to confront every EBAS sale...as far as how (I've never been so I'm speculating) from what I see on tv...that place is so damn crowded, it wouldn't be difficult...it sounds like theft happens all the time...tables are packed with people...people walking by all the time...its probably loud as all hell in there...a pick pockets heaven...also for that to have just been random would just be stupid...and just as previously stated, will soon find out there will be no market for that and will be caught...
liamsynclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:43 PM   #10
Underdog07
Hercules

his art is generally kept in one portfolio out on a table. would not be hard to take. sucks that it happened
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote