Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-23-2018, 11:51 PM   #251
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Each piece is unique. A new batman statue doesn't dilute the demand of an old statue of batman because the new one is a totally different statue.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 11:51 PM   #252
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
It will be extremely interesting to see how people react if the edition size for this is low.
What is considered a low edition size anyway? 500-1000 overall?

Because so often we're only told the Exclusive edition sizes for a lot of pieces.

But I guess Prime 1 usually does provide those numbers on their pieces, whether they're Ultimate, Deluxe, Exclusive or regular etc.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 11:55 PM   #253
Zombiez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
What is considered a low edition size anyway? 500-1000 overall?

Because so often we're only told the Exclusive edition sizes for a lot of pieces.

But I guess Prime 1 usually does provide those numbers on their pieces, whether they're Ultimate, Deluxe, Exclusive or regular etc.
I would say that 350 - 1000 is medium anything above that is large.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:02 AM   #254
Zombiez

By the way doesn't p1 sometimes lower es on certain pieces after a higher es statue doesn't sell as well??.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:02 AM   #255
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Each piece is unique. A new batman statue doesn't dilute the demand of an old statue of batman because the new one is a totally different statue.
True enough.

But the more 'great' Batman pieces there are, I would expect less overall demand for a specific piece, as not many of us are made of money and or space and can purchase everything we desire. As such we make choices and the more visible options the less demand for a piece.

What I mean is that for example years ago, the demand for the classic Batman PF was fairly significant as shown by its edition size, because of what I can only assume was a market being satisfied by one or two manufacturers. Nowadays it'll be extremely rare for an edition size to be anywhere near the previous numbers achieved.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:05 AM   #256
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
I would say that 350 - 1000 is medium anything above that is large.
Usually the 350 edition sizes with Prime 1 are just for the Ex, with the regular adding hundreds more.

Quote:
By the way doesn't p1 sometimes lower es on certain pieces after a higher es statue doesn't sell as well??.
Yes I believe they do.
Old 10-24-2018, 07:47 AM   #257
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
There is still something to be said about saturation. Unless the hobby collapses and some of these statue companies all of the sudden don't exist anymore, there is always the "something more cool will be made soon enough" feeling. We are at the point where it has to be "these guys don't exist anymore so I better buy this now since it may never be done with this kind of quality".

There is barely a sense of urgency in this hobby to purchase/pre-order anything right now because scarcity (collectible value) is rarely there. That's not a good place to be. Sure, it works for now when it comes to these companies' bottom line, but long term it can't be sustainable for the market place. It effectively makes these just very expensive static toys. Do a search for Batman statue in a few years and there will be too much out there for a new person to even consider "collecting" and spending hundreds/thousands on these.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 09:44 AM   #258
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Each statue may be unique but it can certainly dilute the demand of older statues if for example, it's viewed as the best possible release of that character. For example, when the XM Iron Man Mark VII got released, that statue pretty much caused the prices of all previously released Iron Man 1/4 statues to drop in value overnight. Same with Sideshow's Thanos on Throne. Once ToT got released, the XM Thanos's value went into the crapper.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 09:56 AM   #259
Primus
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
Yeah every time I see something like Marvel, DC, Image, Transformers, GI Joe, He-Man, Alien, Predator, and Terminator related statues, it reminds me of all the cool stuff I got to see growing up in the 80s. I also remember waking up really early Saturday mornings, getting a big bowl of cereal (along with the toy that came inside the cereal box), and sitting down in front of the TV to watch cartoons until like noon time. Also the arcades!

Exactly This!!!!
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:40 AM   #260
Zombiez

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
There is still something to be said about saturation. Unless the hobby collapses and some of these statue companies all of the sudden don't exist anymore, there is always the "something more cool will be made soon enough" feeling. We are at the point where it has to be "these guys don't exist anymore so I better buy this now since it may never be done with this kind of quality".

There is barely a sense of urgency in this hobby to purchase/pre-order anything right now because scarcity (collectible value) is rarely there. That's not a good place to be. Sure, it works for now when it comes to these companies' bottom line, but long term it can't be sustainable for the market place. It effectively makes these just very expensive static toys. Do a search for Batman statue in a few years and there will be too much out there for a new person to even consider "collecting" and spending hundreds/thousands on these.
In any dynamic market there will always be something better right around the corner. here i don't mean better as in objectively better i mean better in preference. Waiting around in the hope that something else that you like will come around makes little sense because then you will never buy anything.

Typically p1 only makes edition sizes of around 350- 1000 FOR THE WHOLE WORLD. That sound like scarcity to me. Most people don't just collect randomly. So 5 years from now If you want a batman statue you will want a particular batman statue not just any BATMAN will do. The value of that particular batman statue will depend on how many of it survive and their condition not on how many batman statue exist overall. Many of the statues that exist now after initially dipping/rising in price eventually will increase in both price an rarity if the characters are still popular.

I THINK the problem with hardcore statue collectors is that they want to buy too much and they want to flip too soon. THEY want to buy now and sell in 2 years and make their money back or make a profit..... well NO you might have to wait 4-8 before you get any cash back if ever.