Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-21-2019, 01:59 AM   #2931
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
They've made serious bank and are probably pretty happy about it.
Pretty sure nobody in their right mind would order the Blu-Ray boxset now. So that's something.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 02:01 AM   #2932
Tushar
Hellboy

From the talented people over at r/freefolk:

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/co...ough_the_five/
Old 05-21-2019, 02:07 AM   #2933
Tushar
Hellboy

I would have been willing to overlook the continuity errors or plot holes or even teleportation; had they not insisted on the character assassination of EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER I LIKED.

Neither the plot made sense, nor the character's journeys. It takes next-level bowels to sh*t the bed that bad.
Old 05-21-2019, 03:50 AM   #2934
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Pretty sure nobody in their right mind would order the Blu-Ray boxset now. So that's something.
I dont even care to rewatch it and I typically rewatch previous seasons of older/cancelled shows.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 04:16 AM   #2935
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
Truly objective...

Every character fell into their exact archetype in the end. It was so predictable.

Cersei and Jamie die together.
Tyrion becomes the hand.
Samwell becomes a grand maester.
Danny goes mad and breaks the cycle.
Arya goes exploring.
Sansa becomes royalty.
John goes back to his duties on the wall after saving the North.

All this was established in the first episode. Zero point zero surprises. Zero.

The writing was just dreadful. Everything was anti-climatic. The entire show came to an absolute screeching halt. When Danny gets stabbed I’m like “ok, johns taking that dragon and burning these bastards!”. Nope. It flies off after having a tantrum.

Then I’m like “ok...the North showed up with an army. Let’s go!”. Nope. Apparently the unsullied and savages are exempt from being trialed for the mass slaughtering of people and given ships!!!

Why would the unsullied keep Snow alive? The guy was a prisoner long enough to grow a beard.

Why is there still a wall? The walkers are dead. The wildlings are cool now. Do they just hang out there?

Why would Bran get to be king?? Like, nobody understands what the hell he is. He just says really weird s***. Then he says “why do you think I came down here?”. Like, F*** you dude. Did you know this is what was going to happen? Did you know dragons were going to utterly destroy the capital and instead of telling John you just sat there in your bear fur pyjamas?

And the Ironborn! Calling out Cersei as a tyrant while the entire Ironborn fleet is lancing 10 foot arrows at Danny’s dragons! Why would Yara agree to make Bran king given the history of abalone and house Stark/Baratheon?

That last shot around the small council table was like watching the team of GoT misfits. If you pulled together a group of characters I’m least interested in that was pretty much it. And the city is utterly destroyed and what do they talk about? Brothels. Little kids with their faces melted off and these guys are telling jokes.

I would rather John walk up the Danny in front of her army in the first take and stab her in the back Jamie style and die right there and then. Die a martyr.
Well said man. Well said. It was beyond a joke of a season really and that last episode was Last Jedi bad...
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 04:17 AM   #2936
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
And the 47 Emmy Awards.
and let's be honest, the majority of "fans" probably loved it and still think Dani is named Khaleesi so our opinions as usual mean very little to them.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 04:48 AM   #2937
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

I thought the first five maybe even six seasons of GoT were among the best of television. It is unfortunate that they got ahead of the source material. Like with a meal if the last bite is horrible, it ruins what otherwise was a great meal.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 06:56 AM   #2938
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

The white walkers should have won winterfell and they never should have made the “kill the king kill them all” idea.

Snow should have been made the new knight king stabbed by his undead family. All armies resurrected with three undead dragons march south taking kings landing.

John and Danny sit in winterfell and kings landing ruling over a world of undead. The cycle of man is broken.

Best ending.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 07:08 AM   #2939
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

That post made me feel better about the ending we did get. Thanks.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:30 AM   #2940
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
The white walkers should have won winterfell and they never should have made the “kill the king kill them all” idea.

Snow should have been made the new knight king stabbed by his undead family. All armies resurrected with three undead dragons march south taking kings landing.

John and Danny sit in winterfell and kings landing ruling over a world of undead. The cycle of man is broken.

Best ending.
They should have made you the writer.

This show better not win any awards.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote