Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-24-2017, 08:43 PM   #1931
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I think Jon is supposed to be unimpressive as a leader ever since he was revived because dying changed him. And didn't he admit he didn't want to be King, but only took the role because everyone else wanted it for him? I would not be surprised if/when he returns to Winterfell that he steps down and lets Sansa stay in power.
Exactly. He's a reluctant leader but thats what the North and by extension Westeros really needs. Someone who rules not out of self interest and a lust for power but out of a sense of responsibility to his people. The fact that he's come up on top in his battles despite being outmanned and outclassed speaks to his character and resiliency. In a lot of ways he's probably a better candidate to be King than Dany is to be Queen because unlike her he has no sense of self entitlement whatsoever.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:47 PM   #1932
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
In a lot of ways he's probably a better candidate to be King than Dany is to be Queen because unlike her he has no sense of self entitlement whatsoever.
EVERYBODY is a better candidate than Dani. all the other people at least have 1 thing they are good at. be it strategy, actual combat prowess or just being good with people. she sucks at all of the above, all her strategies have either failed or not been hers, we've never seen it but I certainly doubt she would be any good with a sword. she has dragons, that's it. granted dragons are pretty cool but man does she suck as a leader and would be an abysmal queen.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:55 PM   #1933
johnclone
The Enchantress

Dani's pros:

1. She is Smoking Hot (no pun intended)
2. She is Fireproof
3. She has 3 Dragons
4. She doesn't back down
5. She sometimes is in nude scenes
6. She is willing to give orders to kill her enemies
7. She is a good listener
8. She currently has large armies willing to follow and fight for her
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:14 PM   #1934
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

She listens and considers others' opinions, which is a quality of a good leader...

...but Jon and Stannis did that too.

I think Yac is mostly on point.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 03:51 AM   #1935
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I think Jon is supposed to be unimpressive as a leader ever since he was revived because dying changed him. And didn't he admit he didn't want to be King, but only took the role because everyone else wanted it for him? I would not be surprised if/when he returns to Winterfell that he steps down and lets Sansa stay in power.
It's the case that's how he has been written. He simply is not cut out to be a leader certainly a military leader as he hasn't the intelligence. What he does have more than any other character is integrity. So I get why people love that about him. But the way people were praising him after the BoTB was head scratching to me. He essentially led his army to slaughter and but for the intervention of his sister and LF he and his army would have been slaughtered. Hardly looking after the people of the North. After that moment he should have stood down immediately and admitted he wasn't up to the task. For the writers to suddenly turn around and make him a military genius going forward would be implausible.

The more I think about it the more likely it is that instead of an ultimate battle to become leader of the 7 kingdoms people are going to have to put that aside to defeat the army coming down from the North as they are the real treat and Jon is the only candidate aware of that.

Last edited by Bullseye; 07-25-2017 at 03:56 AM.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 04:13 AM   #1936
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
It's the case that's how he has been written. He simply is not cut out to be a leader certainly a military leader as he hasn't the intelligence. What he does have more than any other character is integrity. So I get why people love that about him. But the way people were praising him after the BoTB was head scratching to me. He essentially led his army to slaughter and but for the intervention of his sister and LF he and his army would have been slaughtered. Hardly looking after the people of the North. After that moment he should have stood down immediately and admitted he wasn't up to the task. For the writers to suddenly turn around and make him a military genius going forward would be implausible.

The more I think about it the more likely it is that instead of an ultimate battle to become leader of the 7 kingdoms people are going to have to put that aside to defeat the army coming down from the North as they are the real treat and Jon is the only candidate aware of that.
The exact quality that got Ned Stark killed.

I agree, Rob was a much better King than Jon is. But he won a battle, help or not. Bannermen are fickle and follow where the victories are in GoT.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 06:09 AM   #1937
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
The exact quality that got Ned Stark killed.

I agree, Rob was a much better King than Jon is. But he won a battle, help or not. Bannermen are fickle and follow where the victories are in GoT.
I would argue he lost that battle and was rescued. If anything his sister was responsible for the victory.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 06:30 AM   #1938
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
I would argue he lost that battle and was rescued. If anything his sister was responsible for the victory.
True, but that was only seen by a few. Victories told by the victor and all that. The Northern bannermen wouldn't have even considered that, just that Jon arranged an alliance and won a battle.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 12:35 PM   #1939
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:

That's why Jon hasn't stepped down yet as King of the North. He's too spooked by the Night King and feels compelled as king to unite as many people as he can because no one else is taking the White Walkers seriously in his opinion.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 02:03 PM   #1940
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:

This is what I think will happen. Maybe in midst of a battle the walkers come and the kingdom bands together to stop them.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote