Old 07-10-2009, 06:56 PM   #11
TrueFaith
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
From Amazon:

Package features:

Owl Ship packaging...lights and sounds included
OMG you're right. I totally missed that the first time I read the copy. Now I'm going to have to get one! Thanks for pointing that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBElliott View Post
I saw that a while ago and pre-ordered it from Amazon.com. Now all I have to do is by a blu-ray player. Any suggestions?
It also comes with a digital copy of the movie. Perhaps the digital copy is DVD compatable, or could be exchanged for a DVD version. Eventually everything will be Blu-Ray, just like DVDs replaced VHS, and players are getting cheaper all the time, so might as well spring for one now.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 07:08 PM   #12
spenca7
Loki

The ultimate edition (according to an interview i read by Snyder) will not have the movie plus directors cut plus the black freighter all in one. I heard it is just the movie with the black freighter incorporated in it so might want to pick up both directors cut and ultimate
spenca7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 07:30 PM   #13
TrueFaith
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenca7 View Post
The ultimate edition (according to an interview i read by Snyder) will not have the movie plus directors cut plus the black freighter all in one. I heard it is just the movie with the black freighter incorporated in it so might want to pick up both directors cut and ultimate
I read that the DVD that will be released just before Christmas is the one to have. Once they finish all the editing they'll have to do it should be quite an EPIC compared to the theatrical release. Even incomplete the Owl Ship Blu-Ray is quite a steal (and Amazon has dropped the original price by $10) for such a neat looking (and illuminated) sculpture. I just hope the "sounds" the piece has isn't Silk Spectre and Nite Owl getting it on in the back of the ship!
Old 07-14-2009, 08:20 AM   #14
Aquaman
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

the dvd release

FYI ( from highdefdigest.com) concerning the Dec. release...

"While it's worth noting this release will be missing most of the supplements (like the awesome maximum movie mode) found on the version due to hit stores in a couple of weeks, it will contain a new commentary by Dave Gibbons and Zack Snyder and two hours of bonus material, including the "Under the Hood" mockumentary. It appears the 'Watchmen: The Complete Motion Comic' will be included as well."
Aquaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:13 AM   #15
BlackSuperman
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBElliott View Post
I saw that a while ago and pre-ordered it from Amazon.com. Now all I have to do is by a blu-ray player. Any suggestions?
if youre not into ps3 just get the cheapest sony one. cant go wrong with that.
BlackSuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:39 AM   #16
TrueFaith
Kindly Asked To Leave

The digital copy included with this Blu-Ray set can be played on any PC with a regular DVD drive. So if you don't mind hunching over your computer for 3 hours...
Old 07-14-2009, 03:04 PM   #17
JBElliott
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
The digital copy included with this Blu-Ray set can be played on any PC with a regular DVD drive. So if you don't mind hunching over your computer for 3 hours...
... or hook your computer up to an big HDTV. I do that and it's not bad using an DVI to HDMI cable.
JBElliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 03:17 PM   #18
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

The regular edition BD is now $21.99 on amazon.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 02:56 PM   #19
TrueFaith
Kindly Asked To Leave

The Owl Ship landed on my doorstep today, a day ahead of schedule. Although a bit plastic-y feeling, it looks nice and displays well. The top button lights the white lights in front and blue lights beneath the ship, to give a blue hue to the water on the base. It also makes a nice turbine-whinning sound. For $75 (shipping included) this is a great alternative to spending $150 more for the DC Direct version which doesn't have the director's cut, features disc and digital copy included. I'm very happy with it, but still plan on picking up the "ultimate" cut this December. Although I don't have a Blu-Ray player as yet, it's a nice rainy day to watch the digital copy on my PC.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OwlShip4.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	215.9 KB
ID:	49403