Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics > The Mighty Reviews

Old 07-04-2010, 10:37 AM   #21
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
If you want a good Vampire book, I suggest picking up American Vampire. That book is awesome.
I've been wondering about this title. I'm a HUGE Stephen King fan, but I missed it when the first issue came out.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:51 AM   #22
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldbreaker13 View Post
It's not just Drac. Werewolf by Night they messed with as well.{ Last year I believe.} Where are all the base characters? Build on that! Use your writting talents to embelish these characters and make them intresting and important to new readers as well as long time fans! If you cant do that then just leave these characters alone and dont ruin them! I would read the old books over and over again then deal with this drek.............
Yeah, I remember that WWbN mini. They revamped Jack's back-story to inlude that his sister had the curse and he, as a werewolf, butchered his mom & dad (well, there was a surprise concerning this change). If you read the original story, it was a curse passed down from his No. European Father's side of the family and Jack's siter ends up traveling with him throughout the comic, but never having the curse. They also had Jack married, with his wife and child being horribly murdered in the minis' 1st ish.
I kinda dug the new story, so I forgave Marvel for the revamp...but still, you're right, it was a pretty radical change in origin.
This new Dracula breaks new ground in washing away the past. It's as if Dracula's Marvel history, which our own expert wktf rightly puts on a high shelf, has been completely dumped. But Blade, Lilith & I'm sure a few other Marvel characters, came from that history. I'm at a loss as to why Marvel would do this. Did the new writer even know his Marvel Dracula history?
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:15 AM   #23
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Robert, the new Black Widow comic isn't out yet. The last one with Electra on the cover, I think, came out last week. Wonder Woman #600 did come out last week. I really, really enjoyed all the stories in there until the very last one, the kick off to JMS' new run. Creating the whole new paradigm for this character is just one I find totally uninteresting and has, essentially, created a distance between me and the book.
Completely disagree with you here.

I thought WW 600 was fantastic. I'm very interested in reading the story JMS has created and will give it a shot.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:43 PM   #24
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty Props View Post
I believe it is. That's where I jumped on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
It is. I'd say go for it, for sure. You also can get the Tomb of Dracula Omnibus vol 1 (if you can find it for a price you like) which is the start of the run and takes it further than the trade (though I'm sure there'll be further trade volumes), or also Essential Tomb of Dracula.

But, yes, the trade that came out last week is the very beginning. Marv Wolfman's run on the book doesn't start until issue #7, just so you knowl
Thanks guys!! I'm on it!!
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote