Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 07-19-2011, 08:22 PM   #781
MortalMonday
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
It can be frustrating to hear everyone focusing so intensely on a variant head, yet mentioning almost offhandedly, how great the regular statue is.

And to me the regular version is whats important.
The regular version is perfect. I can't imagine more than a couple of people from the boards wanting the regular version though. That said, that EX head's got to go. It just does not look good. Maybe, as has been mentioned, if the flames were translucent it might look better; but as it stands, the EX head gets a thumb's down.

By the way, please don't take what I said as an attack; because by no means am I trying to come across that way. It's just feedback.
MortalMonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:39 PM   #782
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Ive been honest in the past and said I've never been a MK player. I dont really know a whole lot about the characters.

We went by the artwork supplied to us. As far as I knew Scorpions skull head was always in flames in the new game....no one at the studio ever told me differently.

Having said that, I love to learn and I love to make collectors happy. Im the guy that had Felicias head resculpted and threw in a second Bison head for free.

I would like to think that buys me some credibility in regards to listening to you all.

What I dont enjoy are some of the venomous posts, especially immature ones that attack my character.

Jerry, this piece is awesome in all sorts of ways. I dont think I've read one post about someone hating the statue. The EX skull leaves much to be desired however.

Honestly though, im not worried. Im pretty confident you will make the changes everyone is pushing for. So I'll leave it alone from here on.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:48 PM   #783
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
Just thinking of the regular edition, how great it looks with all the attention to detail and a great sculpt, great action pose, the awesome base, I'd really be surprised if you can find this guy six months after he is released selling for retail price or below. I don't see that happening at all. This is one of the coolest video game statues ever made, IMO.
My post from earlier, just want to say again, one of the coolest video game statues hands down, of all time! Of all time!
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:51 PM   #784
Gruson
Suicide Squad

It does kick butt! I think it was just a shocker to most of us how bad the EX head was and that got everyone replying here.

We like it Jerry! We just want a cool EX head too because this is Scorpion! The most badass MK character!
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:51 PM   #785
Jowtiger
Doh!

Not much left to be said about the EX, I did order it however that version of the variant head fails to represent Scorpion as others have already mentioned.

Considering you went by the artwork that was given to you do you think that Boon will be open to any changes you propose to the flaming head?
Jowtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:53 PM   #786
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortalMonday View Post
The regular version is perfect. I can't imagine more than a couple of people from the boards wanting the regular version though. That said, that EX head's got to go. It just does not look good. Maybe, as has been mentioned, if the flames were translucent it might look better; but as it stands, the EX head gets a thumb's down.

By the way, please don't take what I said as an attack; because by no means am I trying to come across that way. It's just feedback.
Perfect! Yes. It sure is. The piece screams quality, attention to detail yet with flare, it isn't stiff or boring. It is dynamic and flowing. It is just like the video game character, nobody will ever get anywhere saying this isn't the character Scorpion, because we all know it is. The base is amazing, these days there are a lot of statues with a character standing on a pile of skulls a la Death Dealer and Terminator. Even Mystique was made standing on a big pile of skulls. But the idea of placing Scorpion over the lava base with just a few skulls of the dead littering the ground I think is awesome. And i love the hand reaching out of the lava, a really great touch.
And as for the character himself, the pose is exciting like he is actually engaged in a fight. And so much detail and craft went into the armor and weapons, and everything looks perfect from the chain spear to the mask, and everything in between. The cold stare in his eyes, everything is perfect, there's nothing I wouldn't change on the regular. It is as perfect as you'll ever find of this character.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:57 PM   #787
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowtiger View Post
Not much left to be said about the EX, I did order it however that version of the variant head fails to represent Scorpion as others have already mentioned.

Considering you went by the artwork that was given to you do you think that Boon will be open to any changes you propose to the flaming head?
Yes I do. I dont think its going to be a problem BUT I dont want to confirm anything before getting together with him which is on Thursday.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:57 PM   #788
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Ive been honest in the past and said I've never been a MK player. I dont really know a whole lot about the characters.

We went by the artwork supplied to us. As far as I knew Scorpions skull head was always in flames in the new game....no one at the studio ever told me differently.

Having said that, I love to learn and I love to make collectors happy. Im the guy that had Felicias head resculpted and threw in a second Bison head for free.

I would like to think that buys me some credibility in regards to listening to you all.

What I dont enjoy are some of the venomous posts, especially immature ones that attack my character.

don't take it personally Jerry,we are a passionate group so emotions can run high at times,I have seen you make changes before to please the fans and I think that is what we are pushing for,there is no doubt that is the best scorpion statue I have ever seen but the ex head is clearly not popular and whether flipper or not we know you can nail that head out of the ballpark too.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:19 PM   #789
NWO SCUM
What's another word for Thesaurus?

This is a fantastic looking piece no doubt. I might get the regular instead since the EX reminds me of Ghost Rider. But other then that job well done.
NWO SCUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:22 PM   #790
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueHunter75 View Post
I was dying to hear you weigh in on this!! I agree 100% with you. Are you gonna get it and get back in the game Andrew?
Yeah, I think I got sold on this one. I wasn't sure how it would turn out and the fact that MK is even being done as a statue still feels surreal.

The representation can't be denied. It's worth picking up, as the pose and base are very exciting to look at!

I think Mortal Kombat has been a big part of a lot of collectors lives as Street Fighter has. Even though it's not the original outfit, the fact that it's Scorpion brings back so many memories of being a young teenager in the arcades and seeing a fatality for the first time. As far as video games go, it would be like remembering how old you were and where you were at when your first kiss happened or some other "life changing" event. Everything about MK just changed video games forever and Scorpion is the front man for the series.

Let's hope everything at the factory and shipping goes smooth!
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote