Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 04-18-2016, 09:48 PM   #731
apellica
The Herculoids

Contacted Blizzard about my replacement head not fitting into his body because the mold was off. There final solution was to have me return the entire statue and they'll give me a whole new one. Blizzard did provide me a shipping label so it didn't cost me anything.
apellica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 10:45 PM   #732
JorgeLoyo
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Just opened my Grommash, broken teeth (shocker lol). Amazing statue!
JorgeLoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 08:21 AM   #733
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Wish we could get a full line of 1/5 orcs to go with Grom.

Blackhand, Kargath, Gul'dan, Garrosh, Thrall, Durotan, Ner'zhul, etc.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 08:18 PM   #734
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

I'd love to see 2-3 of these a year. This one was just so good.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 12:54 PM   #735
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

gotta say im quite surprised this isn't sold out yet.. considering it was sold out like 7 months ago.. but im guessing since they increased shipping costs alot from the initial estimate they had some cancels which is why its back up for pre order, but still.. .was there really that many cancels? its obvious this is gonna be a flippers dream once its sold out.

On a side note I really hope blizz dosent increase the price for the next one to make up for the massive loss they must have taken for this whole broken tooth issue.
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 02:55 PM   #736
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

I love statues like these, and the McFarlane Walking dead dioramas because people sleep on them and it takes a while to sell out and once they do and people realize what they missed out on they become a gold mine that the loyal fans got at retail! No fighting with flippers over pieces and no crazy pre order days and no having to pay inflated prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovenor View Post
gotta say im quite surprised this isn't sold out yet.. considering it was sold out like 7 months ago.. but im guessing since they increased shipping costs alot from the initial estimate they had some cancels which is why its back up for pre order, but still.. .was there really that many cancels? its obvious this is gonna be a flippers dream once its sold out.

On a side note I really hope blizz dosent increase the price for the next one to make up for the massive loss they must have taken for this whole broken tooth issue.
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 04:23 PM   #737
wanderlai
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_paulik87 View Post
I love statues like these, and the McFarlane Walking dead dioramas because people sleep on them and it takes a while to sell out and once they do and people realize what they missed out on they become a gold mine that the loyal fans got at retail! No fighting with flippers over pieces and no crazy pre order days and no having to pay inflated prices.
The Walking Dead pieces are a great example. I recall they had a buy 1 get 1 free when the Rick dio was available....now that piece goes for $700.
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 04:28 PM   #738
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlai View Post
The Walking Dead pieces are a great example. I recall they had a buy 1 get 1 free when the Rick dio was available....now that piece goes for $700.
The funny thing about these kind of statues are that they are just hard to find online, but many local comic shops are just sitting on them and people wont even pay retail, but people on the internet are paying hundreds if not thousands of more dollars for pieces in the aftermarket. You just gotta put in the work and find them at these shops that don't have online inventory stores. I just got Rick for retail last week from a comic shop in California and had it shipped to Washington yet you look on eBay and one just sold for $830, I got Michonne at a local shop in Washington for $175 2 weeks ago because she had been sitting there for ages and they just wanted to get rid of her, and I just found 5 more Rick statues at retail at a Canadian shop and told a couple buddies so they could get him cheap.

Local comic shops are the go to for these kind of statues, they are almost always at retail and NO ONE locally ever buys statues it seems. Most people see that $300+ price tag and think "NO WAY Jose!" so they sit there forever. All it takes is a little research and calling around to find a deal.
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 11:35 PM   #739
Pilky
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlai View Post
I saw one go for $325 shipped, last week. Because people list them at ridiculous prices does not mean they sell for that amount. Some do, but there's also plenty that go for reasonable prices. The prices for this on EBay are a joke, and they aren't selling.
Pilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 08:00 PM   #740
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Such a perfect statue.

Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote