Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-26-2016, 11:47 PM   #421
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

This is what I mean, you may not know about a character at the time you see the PF and your interest is peaked, however, through a natural progression would thereafter familiarize yourself.
He already owns the Koto.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 02:01 AM   #422
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
And you never bothered to research her?
I didn't.. hehehe.. I admit I am lazy on that part. All I did was look at some photos of her online, and she is beautiful.. Usually I collect characters that I am not so familiar with if they are very well made. the new red sonja I ordered because I was blown away by how much detailed that statue is. I already own the original one and I love it despite having some paint issues but the overall statue with the decapitated head is just gorgeous.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 02:04 AM   #423
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Its all good. There is absolutely nothing wrong with buying statues based purely on thier visual appeal. Its not a prerequisite for someone to know the backstory for a particular comic character to buy a statue of them.

I wonder how many buyers of Sonja and Vampirella statues have actually read any of the actual comics and would be able to accurately recite any legitimate history or information on the characters. I am betting it winds up being a lot lower than some people might think, at least before they went running to a website to look it up.
I have the original red Sonja and Ordered the new one. Vampirella I was tempted before but didnt order her. If ever I will get the chance to get her on the secondary market I might go with the new release version of her.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 02:43 AM   #424
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
At this point I'm fairly convinced most statue collectors know nothing about the characters they're buying if they're not Batman, Iron Man, Hulk, Cap, Superman or Spider-Man.
You can't be too hard on them. After all, Cap is now a Nazi, HULK is Asian, and Iron Man is a black teenage girl. Pretty soon none of us will no anything about what's going on in comics. At least I won't because I stopped reading them.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 07:11 AM   #425
Agoniste
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
You can't be too hard on them. After all, Cap is now a Nazi, HULK is Asian, and Iron Man is a black teenage girl. Pretty soon none of us will no anything about what's going on in comics. At least I won't because I stopped reading them.
Yes this Political correctness has reached comic books now. IMO it is getting ridiculous.
Agoniste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 08:52 AM   #426
boibleu22
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
You're not missing much. Marvel has more or less gone to ---- now. It has nothing to do with the status quo of popular characters. The stories just aren't good. Lady Thor, by Jason Aaron, changed up the status quo but actually has a great story to back it up. The others, not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoniste View Post
Yes this Political correctness has reached comic books now. IMO it is getting ridiculous.
It has nothing to do with political correctness. They're trying to market and appeal to a wider audience. How is this being politically correct?
boibleu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 08:52 AM   #427
lucifixion
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
There is very little tickling my fancy these days and the Marvel progressive agenda is a big part of that since they have always been my favorite. Oh, well.

And it used to bother me that people didn't know anything about characters, but now I've come to realize that there's nothing wrong with just liking something visually. I mean, there's tons of statues out there that don't even have anything to be known about them like SS Court of the Dead, even though now they are trying.

Personally, I still wouldn't want to own anything that I didn't have some connection to, but that's just me.
lucifixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 08:56 AM   #428
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

The last storyline from Marvel I really enjoyed was Dark Avengers. Its all been quite blah.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 08:58 AM   #429
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Its all good. There is absolutely nothing wrong with buying statues based purely on thier visual appeal. Its not a prerequisite for someone to know the backstory for a particular comic character to buy a statue of them.

I wonder how many buyers of Sonja and Vampirella statues have actually read any of the actual comics and would be able to accurately recite any legitimate history or information on the characters. I am betting it winds up being a lot lower than some people might think, at least before they went running to a website to look it up.
Never read an issue of Lady Death or Vampirella but I own two 1/4 scale Vamps and one 1/6 scale and also own one 1/4 scale Lady Death. Bought them cause they were "visually appealing".
Old 07-27-2016, 11:16 AM   #430
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote