Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-14-2018, 10:02 PM   #81
off
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
I really don't know how they are going to wrap this trilogy up in episode 9. At this point, I will be happy to see it come to an end.
Yes.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 12:25 PM   #82
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
I really don't know how they are going to wrap this trilogy up in episode 9. At this point, I will be happy to see it come to an end.

I honestly never thought I'd say this about a Star Wars trilogy. I love the OT and the PT for all it's faults, but I agree. TLJ has just tainted it all for me. On the other hand, I do genuinely hope they can make a really good finale and regain some of the lost magic.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 01:40 PM   #83
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I honestly never thought I'd say this about a Star Wars trilogy. I love the OT and the PT for all it's faults, but I agree. TLJ has just tainted it all for me. On the other hand, I do genuinely hope they can make a really good finale and regain some of the lost magic.
i agree with all of this, every word
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 03:55 PM   #84
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Yeah it really is a mess. Star Wars is still my favorite franchise but the magic is gone for me. I'd love for them to get the train back on the track but I'm not counting on it.
Old 08-15-2018, 07:56 PM   #85
KELPIE
New Republic

I think as soon as Disney announced they were doing one movie a year it was obvious the franchise was going to suffer.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 08:33 PM   #86
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
I think as soon as Disney announced they were doing one movie a year it was obvious the franchise was going to suffer.
1 movie a year would of been fine if they would of gotten good writers & directors and didn't have Kennedy micro managing them, she's also trying to make it all PC which isn't helping either...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 10:44 PM   #87
off
The X-Men

Quote:
Yeah it really is a mess. Star Wars is still my favorite franchise but the magic is gone for me. I'd love for them to get the train back on the track but I'm not counting on it.
For sure. After TLJ, I considered unloading my Kenobi/Vader Mythos and some original trilogy toys I still have in their packages. I never considered getting rid of them before but man, it was hard to just look at them after that terrible movie.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 12:14 AM   #88
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
1 movie a year would of been fine if they would of gotten good writers & directors and didn't have Kennedy micro managing them, she's also trying to make it all PC which isn't helping either...
Agreed. What a disaster...what could have been.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 12:16 AM   #89
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
They honestly should have Luke wake up from a dream and do an 8 redo. Every true fan would be pleased for sure!
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 09:28 AM   #90
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by off View Post
For sure. After TLJ, I considered unloading my Kenobi/Vader Mythos and some original trilogy toys I still have in their packages. I never considered getting rid of them before but man, it was hard to just look at them after that terrible movie.
I sold or gave away last bit of my Star Wars stuff this year. I haven't bought new in a while and just realized I don't really care about the series anymore.

All I want is the original trilogy (not special edition) on Blu Ray. I haven't been able to watch them in a decade since my VHS tapes finally died because I watched them so much as a kid.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote