Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-14-2018, 07:05 PM   #10261
ovp3664
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Thanks, yeah it doesnt look like it could sit more flush based on the shape of the clasps or whatever. Displayed on a shelf it would look fine, guess im being paranoid lol
Same here. I have the EX and they are not flush.
ovp3664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 03:44 PM   #10262
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovp3664 View Post
Try looking at TAMIYA hobby paint colour ( BURNT BLUE).
I just wanted to say thank you for this suggestion, I ordered this paint from eBay and it worked quite well at masking the issue. It obviously doesn't completely make the fact that it's chipped go away or anything and I know it's still there, but the color definitely helps in masking the issue. Thanks again.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 06:29 PM   #10263
ovp3664
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
I just wanted to say thank you for this suggestion, I ordered this paint from eBay and it worked quite well at masking the issue. It obviously doesn't completely make the fact that it's chipped go away or anything and I know it's still there, but the color definitely helps in masking the issue. Thanks again.
Cheers. Glad I could help.
ovp3664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 07:01 AM   #10264
goto
Mephisto

we get the full replacement from Sideshow,nearly perfect,so happy about this.
If Sideshow want they can
goto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 02:24 PM   #10265
wildmadshotgun
Kindly Asked To Leave

got my full replacement.... worse than before.... the foot move............
wildmadshotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 05:01 PM   #10266
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Thanos customed by me. New blue overall... hand is turned into a "Kneel down!" position and the neck holder can be placed or replaced. Also some ornaments on it.

Enjoy:

punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:12 PM   #10267
koflach
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
Thanos customed by me. New blue overall... hand is turned into a "Kneel down!" position and the neck holder can be placed or replaced. Also some ornaments on it.

Enjoy:

So you turned over the gauntlet and took the shoulder pads off? The ---- on his chest looks really weird without the pads there. All the more power though if you like it.
koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:26 PM   #10268
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by koflach View Post
So you turned over the gauntlet and took the shoulder pads off? The ---- on his chest looks really weird without the pads there. All the more power though if you like it.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 03:41 AM   #10269
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koflach View Post
I have to disappoint you ...unfortunately its more you thinking.
You are judging too fast bro. Here are the parts I changed:

I repainted the whole blue part of his body. Now its more a light blue then a dark blue with more highlights overall. Also I did a lot of electric blue spots on his thone and a lot of work on the throne I didnt took pictures.

The hand with the gauntlets was broken into two parts and the fingers where turned over so they are pointing down now. I can understand you just thought I turned the whole handpart cuse you would do soe but it was more then that pal. Turn your hands and compare to mine and you see the different. Ahh... wait.. I will do it for you:

Take a look at the glove and you see the upside down parts of the gloves are not the same.

Also I repainted the whole golden parts with a weathering effect cause the golden was too flat for me.

I put some ornaments at the front of the neck ring cause it looks too lame to me at the front part.

For me as a collector I dont care if you hate what I am doing. I collect what I like and I change what I want to change. I sharing my pictures and enjoy it or not. Like it or hate it. Thats up to you... Boom. Done
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 10:26 AM   #10270
koflach
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
I have to disappoint you ...unfortunately its more you thinking.
You are judging too fast bro. Here are the parts I changed:

I repainted the whole blue part of his body. Now its more a light blue then a dark blue with more highlights overall. Also I did a lot of electric blue spots on his thone and a lot of work on the throne I didnt took pictures.

The hand with the gauntlets was broken into two parts and the fingers where turned over so they are pointing down now. I can understand you just thought I turned the whole handpart cuse you would do soe but it was more then that pal. Turn your hands and compare to mine and you see the different. Ahh... wait.. I will do it for you:

Take a look at the glove and you see the upside down parts of the gloves are not the same.

Also I repainted the whole golden parts with a weathering effect cause the golden was too flat for me.

I put some ornaments at the front of the neck ring cause it looks too lame to me at the front part.

For me as a collector I dont care if you hate what I am doing. I collect what I like and I change what I want to change. I sharing my pictures and enjoy it or not. Like it or hate it. Thats up to you... Boom. Done
Where did I say anything about hating what you did? Truth be told, I can't even tell you did anything on the body. The only thing that is even remotely noticeable is the added lines on the shoulder pads. As I said before, all the more power to you if you like it.
koflach is offline   Reply With Quote