Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-29-2017, 09:11 PM   #7231
kingdavidf
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Except for female PFs, every statues now are hollow to some degree or not. I can guarantee it! This include the base.
Yeah..nvm
kingdavidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 09:26 PM   #7232
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Exactly This.^^

I'll sleep well, i have an EX after all, you guys on the other hand can keep dreaming, we'll need our rest for when it comes time to lift this beast.
I didn't know you strictly meant the EX. The only people dreaming are the collectors who -Wanted- the EX and didn't get it in time. To a lot of us this is not an EX or fail by any means.
We will need that rest, he's gonna be a heavy and bulky SoB
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 10:38 PM   #7233
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
Funny how people keep saying they wont sell all 3500 regs and they'll just get it in the aftermarket for cheaper than retail.

No they wont sell out, at least not all at once. Theyre definitely going to sell out in batches though. 500 batches per unit, then off to wait list for the next 500 units being made, and so on.

Its gonna be a slow release. While people drool over in hand pics, people will order. This I can confidently say in certainty. And you can quote me on it. This strategy's already being used with other statues. And it works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
I didn't know you strictly meant the EX. The only people dreaming are the collectors who -Wanted- the EX and didn't get it in time. To a lot of us this is not an EX or fail by any means.
We will need that rest, he's gonna be a heavy and bulky SoB
Granted, i do think dark humor makes a good point concerning the regs. I think it’d be a better bet PO’ing rather than aftermarket given how bane turned out, i’ve yet to see a reg at retail let alone below. Fortunately SS’s releasing more.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 10:50 PM   #7234
HBK83
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Granted, i do think dark humor makes a good point concerning the regs. I think it’d be a better bet PO’ing rather than aftermarket given how bane turned out, i’ve yet to see a reg at retail let alone below. Fortunately SS’s releasing more.
The people waiting probably know where to buy.
Bane is reasonable. A great piece for 699. Now it's sitting a bit. It will be available to get under 700 in the future. A few of the exs already sold for under $900. Again knowing where to look it much different.
I want the ex but if I can't get it I will pay under retail for the regular. There is just too many for it to hold value that high. If it was priced $800-$900 then it may have a valid reason to hold but $1200? It's just too high for 3500 es. And people are always looking for quick sales. The buyer has to be patient and not jump at the first low price he sees. And especially if it's on eBay. That's a definite no.
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 02:00 AM   #7235
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
CBG did't I see a pic where you were using heavy duty steel shelves?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
He keeps saying he uses the same shelves I have, which are the Edsel Steel Frame Boltless shelves for Garages. They hold 300lbs per 18x36in shelf.

Though I'm probably upgrading this year to another Edsal that's 60" wide per shelf. I like to be able to fit more statues together.
Yes I use the same shelves as you mentioned but already the large size at 60” now. They fit about as most we can get right now with 3 levels than can be moved around. I see ss uses the same 18x36 in some videos. They work great but can’t trust one wooden board on each of the shelves. It’s way too cheap wood and it will bend. I added 2 boards for each. Even with this the really heavy statues must be limited. The risk of the weight must be spread out for safety. Then after 2 years of display I noticed the statues I pulled to the front started to slightly lean the shelves forward starting to bend. It’s scared the hell out of me and those thin metal foundation bars won’t hold over time the heavy statues. I upgraded to the new much thicker metal support shelves with custom super heavy duty wood and metal on the bottom shelves. These are more like the Home Depot shelving they use in Home Depot to put the things they sell on the floor. It’s the strongest I can find anywhere non commercial. Go with this and save yourselves the headaches later on down the road. It’s much safer and give you a sense of security for the most part. They sell it at Lowe’s. It’s so much better than the Home Depot thinner cheaper version. The Home Depot version is about 80.00 each. This Lowe’s version not on sale is 190.00 or so each. You won’t regret it.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 11:00 AM   #7236
VITTOR77
A day without sunshine is like... night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yNPzhyp1iU&t=9s
VITTOR77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 11:06 AM   #7237
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

This guy is definitely a bottom shelfer. Yeesh, that's a lot of weight!
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:19 PM   #7238
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

He is going to sit on top of my bookshelf with Galactus.

Shipping is going to kill me. Shipping to Canada = international shipping but on top of that we have these new crazy customs charges which are based on a % of the value. It's going to be awful.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:38 PM   #7239
nearmint
Phoenix

Another piece where I wish SS would allow in-person pick up.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:50 PM   #7240
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Another piece where I wish SS would allow in-person pick up.
Make many trips to the east coast?
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote