Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-01-2018, 06:12 PM   #481
XMRogue
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Well, the XM website's official PO is already done. So, at this point (and going forward) you will only be able to order him from Spec Fiction or one of the XM middlemen sellers.
Thanks. I'll check in with Spec and see if I'd be in trouble if I wait a bit. A year away seems too long to be without money.
XMRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 04:46 PM   #482
XMRogue

Just put down my deposit for a Pre-Order. Spec let me know that they had 3 left, so wanted to make sure I got my hands on this.

This and Dark Phoenix are going to Rock - I'm just going to have to dedicate quite a bit of space to them.

Now waiting on how they end up changing Iceman.

What an expensive year. I guess this happens when there was such a long delay on X-Men stuff.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:50 PM   #483
XMRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I'm not bothered by size zero heroines with their D size breasts being prominently displayed. Why should you pay any mind to Erick's endowment?
Um this was a total selling point for me. Now I need the entire line of SS X-Men to stand around Erick in complete awe!
Old 08-07-2018, 05:41 AM   #484
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
When was magneto bald? What happened to his hair? As for the statue looks pretty cool! We can always repaint it red to get a reg mags.
I think he was attacked by a mutant known as male pattern balding.....then i think he went to a place. Alled the savage land to find captain rogain?
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 12:06 PM   #485
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Well, the XM website's official PO is already done. So, at this point (and going forward) you will only be able to order him from Spec Fiction or one of the XM middlemen sellers.
If anyone needs help getting this piece let me know
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 10:58 AM   #486
Obi Wan
Fantastic Four

The more i look at this piece the more i like it.. i am just still having a hard time with the white costume. It looks cool and all, but i never read that comic arc so its tough for me to really get into it. The sculpt and base are just so perfect though
Obi Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 11:23 AM   #487
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi Wan View Post
The more i look at this piece the more i like it.. i am just still having a hard time with the white costume. It looks cool and all, but i never read that comic arc so its tough for me to really get into it. The sculpt and base are just so perfect though
Me too, it's probably the best looking Magneto out there, but I too, have huge hesitations because of the white. I've even considered getting him and having him repainted classic colors even though there are differences in costume details.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 11:28 AM   #488
Obi Wan
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Me too, it's probably the best looking Magneto out there, but I too, have huge hesitations because of the white. I've even considered getting him and having him repainted classic colors even though there are differences in costume details.
I agree, best magneto out there. I like Sideshows and have it on pre-order but i keep coming back to this one. I HATE fabric capes, and the switchouts on the XM are so cool. I just dont want to regret getting the SS over this
Obi Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 12:52 PM   #489
built2shred
Phoenix

I ordered the XM one... Just looks so much more dynamic then SS version... SS Base is kind of weird looking, I'm guessing it's warped mental although it looks more like melted metal... I don't think he has the power to melt metal?.. And I'm really starting to hate fabric capes... It bugs me SS wants to use fabric capes on just about everything now a days.. They're such a pain to pose right and unless you have a mini steamer available your stuck with creases and wrinkles (from being packaged) that are hard to get out..

Plus there's only 999 of XM version, SS has 3,750 of their version... that's a lot of statues... just feels less like a collectible to me when numbers get that high..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 12:58 PM   #490
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I ordered the XM one... Just looks so much more dynamic then SS version... SS Base is kind of weird looking, I'm guessing it's warped mental although it looks more like melted metal... I don't think he has the power to melt metal?.. And I'm really starting to hate fabric capes... It bugs me SS wants to use fabric capes on just about everything now a days.. They're such a pain to pose right and unless you have a mini steamer available your stuck with creases and wrinkles (from being packaged) that are hard to get out..

Plus there's only 999 of XM version, SS has 3,750 of their version... that's a lot of statues... just feels less like a collectible to me when numbers get that high..
And even the EX from SS hasn't sold out and he's been up for like 9 months.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote