Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 11-20-2017, 07:16 PM   #11
red_ant
Producer
Producer

Thanks Jerry for the post. I speak for myself as well as Mark that we wouldn't have even thought about purchasing the Company if Jerry didn't come along with the deal. That is the reason Sota Toys failed. I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible in person either in the new studio in NC or at the conventions. Anyone that met me at NYCC knows I'm far from a guy in a suit. I'm a collector just like you guys. We will not sacrifice art or quality for profit. Mark and I are doing this for the love of collecting and the art and look forward to grinding out some great projects from now and well into the future with Jerry. Who is now one of my really good friends and mentors.
red_ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:24 PM   #12
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Congratulations on all of your personal decisions. Hopefully it’ll be a well deserved rest from the stresses of running a business.

Here comes an Art Direction question regarding a product you were directly involved with.

Q: What was ultimately changed on Rambo?

Hand orientation, Hair and Arrow length were all addressed by you previously.

Thanks for everything. Best wishes for the future.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:28 PM   #13
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyan View Post
Thanks for clearing those things up,much appreciated. I'm curious how things work with you being in Vegas and the rest of the company in N.C.? Lots of emails and prototypes n such get shot back n forth or?? Also might have to take u up on that Vegas offer as I visit family in Henderson NV often.
PCS is now 100% digital sculpting other than the pieces I personally sculpt in clay.

So its really no different if Im reviewing something on my computer in Las Vegas or anywhere else.

As far as painting, Ibuki was the first time I reviewed painting from images not being there in person. It went well as I think Mike did a fantastic job without me hovering over his shoulder.

Look forward to meeting one day.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:29 PM   #14
Joppula

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_ant View Post
Thanks Jerry for the post. I speak for myself as well as Mark that we wouldn't have even thought about purchasing the Company if Jerry didn't come along with the deal. That is the reason Sota Toys failed. I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible in person either in the new studio in NC or at the conventions. Anyone that met me at NYCC knows I'm far from a guy in a suit. I'm a collector just like you guys. We will not sacrifice art or quality for profit. Mark and I are doing this for the love of collecting and the art and look forward to grinding out some great projects from now and well into the future with Jerry. Who is now one of my really good friends and mentors.
Nice post. Sounds like PCS is in good hands moving forward.

Just make sure you communicate with the fans early and often. Taking the feedback of the knowledgeable and passionate fans was always what set PCS apart from the rest. Imho.

And for god sake be trend setters and get 1/4 back to $399.99. Otherwise this hobby is going in the toilet. My personal opinion.

Good luck.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:30 PM   #15
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
This is one of the best posts here in a long time.

I consider myself (and at least according to PCS's own emails so do they ) to be a good customer, one of their biggest fans, as well as one of their staunchest defenders.

For the past 4 years I have perused this forum nearly everyday to keep up with whom I am spending my money as I work hard not to be a fool. Never once had I found any indication that anyone had been done wrong by you Mr. Macaluso or POP Culture Shock.

In the past few months I have found that a difficult position to maintain.

I appreciate what I hear in this post. Hopefully one day I get to meet you in person.
I appreciate your kind words.

As expected, there have been some transitional pains, but they are being worked out.

Anthony and Mark will take care of everyone.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:33 PM   #16
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
So long as Chun Li 1/3 and Mileena 1/3 turn out great, that's all i care about

Too bad for the staff that don't want to relocate
Must be great living in Vegas
My borther-in-law's Siser Vivian lives in Vegas
I do enjoy Vegas. The interesting part is I dont gamble or party. I just like the warm weather and the fact that it has so much great entertainment and restaurants, yet is not nearly as expensive as Los Angeles to live.

We had some product issues caused by the person who was handling production before Bryon. But Bryon has been doing a fantastic job so I have faith the Chun Li and Mileena will be stunning
Old 11-20-2017, 07:34 PM   #17
Pryde
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Jerry my man, thank you for posting this up. I figured something was different in the past few months with the way things were going and I did read somewhere in this forum that you sold the company. As you probably have seen quite a few post. PCS Customer service has just been horrendous to say the least. Honestly, the only bright spot in the company is Red Ant. He's been doing his best to calm down the unrest. You know, we have met a few times over the years at NYCC and at SDCC and there's something about you that instills trust. I have never had issues with PCS. If I ever over paid, you would just refund me or just carry it over to the next order. Money wasn't an issue at all, as most of us pay the full balance. I, myself never had an issue with delays with statues and to be honest, never really paid any attention to it, because I knew you would deliver. Now communication is something that needs to be worked out in the CS department. If you say something, it better be done. If you tell some one that they should see a refund in 7 - 10 business days, well, it better be done instead of making us respond to useless email thread that CS can't access because it's been "transferred" over to accounting department. Supposedly that issue has been fixed. The lack of communication and accountability has made me boycott the new ownership. If customer service just told me that they ----ed up, I would have been cool, but it was nothing but excuses after excuses. As I said, red ant was the only one who came out right and explained everything, but was rather a little too late on his part in doing so, since I already decided to just dispute with my credit company.

It's going to be a while until I can feel comfortable with doing business with PCS again. I still have faith in them and am excited in the direction they are going in.
Pryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:36 PM   #18
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
Congratulations on all of your personal decisions. Hopefully it’ll be a well deserved rest from the stresses of running a business.

Here comes an Art Direction question regarding a product you were directly involved with.

Q: What was ultimately changed on Rambo?

Hand orientation, Hair and Arrow length were all addressed by you previously.

Thanks for everything. Best wishes for the future.
Rambo Hair - Still revising it. Wasnt happy with the last version

Hand - I have to check on status of that

Arrow length - I honestly dont remember that being an issue. Was it ?
Old 11-20-2017, 07:38 PM   #19
Joppula

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Rambo Hair - Still revising it. Wasnt happy with the last version

Hand - I have to check on status of that

Arrow length - I honestly dont remember that being an issue. Was it ?
Thank you for the update.

Yeah, the arrow looked to be nearly double the appropriate length. You commented that it would be smaller/corrected.

Page 52 and 57 of the Rambo thread for reference purposes.

Old 11-20-2017, 07:42 PM   #20
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryde View Post
Jerry my man, thank you for posting this up. I figured something was different in the past few months with the way things were going and I did read somewhere in this forum that you sold the company. As you probably have seen quite a few post. PCS Customer service has just been horrendous to say the least. Honestly, the only bright spot in the company is Red Ant. He's been doing his best to calm down the unrest. You know, we have met a few times over the years at NYCC and at SDCC and there's something about you that instills trust. I have never had issues with PCS. If I ever over paid, you would just refund me or just carry it over to the next order. Money wasn't an issue at all, as most of us pay the full balance. I, myself never had an issue with delays with statues and to be honest, never really paid any attention to it, because I knew you would deliver. Now communication is something that needs to be worked out in the CS department. If you say something, it better be done. If you tell some one that they should see a refund in 7 - 10 business days, well, it better be done instead of making us respond to useless email thread that CS can't access because it's been "transferred" over to accounting department. Supposedly that issue has been fixed. The lack of communication and accountability has made me boycott the new ownership. If customer service just told me that they ----ed up, I would have been cool, but it was nothing but excuses after excuses. As I said, red ant was the only one who came out right and explained everything, but was rather a little too late on his part in doing so, since I already decided to just dispute with my credit company.

It's going to be a while until I can feel comfortable with doing business with PCS again. I still have faith in them and am excited in the direction they are going in.
We totally understand. There have been some bad decisions. I think its silly to try and sugarcoat it. Anthony is on top of getting it all straightened out.

As far as Customer Service, while Im not involved in it these days, i do have to say Aurora is great and I believe she can whip it into shape.

Also, in case you didnt know, Red Ant is Anthony so when he says something thats straight from the top dog.