Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 08-02-2018, 12:57 AM   #181
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Please Contact Heather and explain why it's easier and cheaper to order from Sideshow.

hross@chroniclecollectibles.com

In the future we may just offer the pieces direct and keep it simple.

Paul
Well, if you guys ever get around to implementing the loyalty rewards program that was teased many times that would probably solve most of the gripes with people wanting to order from SS now instead. Plus it keep them coming back to order direct as that's where their rewards would be good.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 11:30 AM   #182
Nathanial91
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Has anyone managed to get in touch with Heather in regards to potentially cancelling their order and the NRD? and ordering with SSC?
Nathanial91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 12:24 PM   #183
dragontron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanial91 View Post
Has anyone managed to get in touch with Heather in regards to potentially cancelling their order and the NRD? and ordering with SSC?
I was successful getting in contact with Heather and getting my deposit refunded. Have a little patience.
dragontron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 12:25 PM   #184
dragontron

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Well, if you guys ever get around to implementing the loyalty rewards program that was teased many times that would probably solve most of the gripes with people wanting to order from SS now instead. Plus it keep them coming back to order direct as that's where their rewards would be good.
This right here as well, though would Chronicle be willing to do the equivalent of 5% as Sideshow does?
dragontron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 04:14 PM   #185
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontron View Post
This right here as well, though would Chronicle be willing to do the equivalent of 5% as Sideshow does?
Not sure, but they did mention it would be tiered somehow to give extra benefits for the longer you had been with them. Not sure how that would work unless the percentage was retroactive. All I do know for sure it now without the early preorder discounts it's harder to justify ordering direct when other sites are the same price and offer either rewards, free ship, etc...
Old 08-02-2018, 07:48 PM   #186
Vader
Ghost

Chronicle is the best for customer service!
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:23 PM   #187
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
Chronicle is the best for customer service!
Agreed!!

- Robert
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 03:17 PM   #188
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Sideshow can afford all of their perks because they make more money by providing them in the long run than if they did not provide them. You give perks and people buy more crap. The more they buy the better you can make shipping deals with UPS/FEDEX and can afford to offer perks like free shipping. It really only works with a large customer base. It's easy to talk about doing the same. You want to do it because you understand the benefits of it but at the end of the day if you lose money then you probably won't push to make it happen. I suspect this is where CC is at in regards to reward programs and is why they offer different types of benefits. At least, perceived benefits.

Everybody raises their prices to cover "benefits" nobody in business takes a hit. They always make the customer take the hit, especially when they give you so called deals. I know nobody here wants to hear that, to hear retail statue prices are calculated with everything in mind, and love their "deals" they get in this hobby, but it's a fact nonetheless. But, a positive note on this is if you make very few buys then sure, you can in fact get deals in this hobby. Customers win battles, like when shopping at SS, but they always lose the war.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 05:34 PM   #189
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
Sideshow can afford all of their perks because they make more money by providing them in the long run than if they did not provide them. You give perks and people buy more crap. The more they buy the better you can make shipping deals with UPS/FEDEX and can afford to offer perks like free shipping. It really only works with a large customer base. It's easy to talk about doing the same. You want to do it because you understand the benefits of it but at the end of the day if you lose money then you probably won't push to make it happen. I suspect this is where CC is at in regards to reward programs and is why they offer different types of benefits. At least, perceived benefits.

Everybody raises their prices to cover "benefits" nobody in business takes a hit. They always make the customer take the hit, especially when they give you so called deals. I know nobody here wants to hear that, to hear retail statue prices are calculated with everything in mind, and love their "deals" they get in this hobby, but it's a fact nonetheless. But, a positive note on this is if you make very few buys then sure, you can in fact get deals in this hobby. Customers win battles, like when shopping at SS, but they always lose the war.
Sure businesses can take a hit on items, they have loss leaders and other promotional tools that encourage more or future purchases. It doesn't work with just large businesses, you can scale it for any size, and if/when CC does get larger that's just even more they can save, but that will take more orders and direct orders are the ones they want most.

CC is losing some of those direct orders not having a reward system or their old preorder discount. SS giving a whopping 5% back or offering free shipping on slow moving items isn't much to move units or guarantee future orders. PopCultureShock, CC and other smaller places have(or "had") better offers in place. I preferred the preorder discounts like PCS/CC, but a reward system encourages repeat business and any losses could be factored in with taxes.

Even places like BBTS, EE, etc... offer free or discounted shipping on Chronicle stuff and usually sell at the same price or even cheaper when they have promos. Lets hope CC gets something in place soon, I would much rather order direct, but if it ends up costing me money like others have mentioned then the orders get placed elsewhere and SS or whoever makes out instead of CC and/or us.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:57 PM   #190
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Forgot, Weta is another that has a good reward system, it is tiered for how much you spend and that determines the percent back. I get 15% back on stuff from them