Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-16-2017, 03:36 PM   #901
grphyx1
Kingpin

Do you know of any other company out there giving away money randomly? it's $1.50 to you but if 300 people managed to get in on it its $450, and that's just one code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
Do it. You won't. Make it $.05. In fact, stop altogether. The less you make it, the less people care. Make it $.01 and make the code last a millisecond.

Live didn't start at 2, so I went to walk my dog, so I didn't watch. I see $1.50, I care even less.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 03:37 PM   #902
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I especially love the last bunch of codes that they put up at like 5am. That was a super nice gesture considering that the majority of the U.S. population (and yes, I realize the U.S. is not the only country of importance, but it's where Sideshow is based) is sleeping at 5am CST (3am PST).
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 03:48 PM   #903
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Well, it's free money and you guys are paying attention to Sideshow's goings on more so I'd say it's a successful and mutually beneficial strategy.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 03:51 PM   #904
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I take what I get from them and be thankful.. I would prefer a $3 or $5 code over a $1.50 tough
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 03:53 PM   #905
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Do you know of any other company out there giving away money randomly? it's $1.50 to you but if 300 people managed to get in on it its $450, and that's just one code.
Tons of companies do. Lots of companies have loyalty reward point systems. Companies that offer discounts on ALL of their products without you having to buy something first.

You have to have heard of freemium games, products that are "free".

It's no secret that Sideshow has lowered the dollar amounts that they give away and lowered the times that they are available.

It's already been talked about here that these codes are likely written off as advertising. Paired with their major price increases...
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 04:30 PM   #906
grphyx1
Kingpin

I can safely say that I have never heard of fremium games. This is free money to be used on sideshow. and then you get reward points on purchases. You can't complain about free money regardless of the amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
Tons of companies do. Lots of companies have loyalty reward point systems. Companies that offer discounts on ALL of their products without you having to buy something first.

You have to have heard of freemium games, products that are "free".

It's no secret that Sideshow has lowered the dollar amounts that they give away and lowered the times that they are available.

It's already been talked about here that these codes are likely written off as advertising. Paired with their major price increases...
Old 08-16-2017, 04:35 PM   #907
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
I can safely say that I have never heard of fremium games. This is free money to be used on sideshow. and then you get reward points on purchases. You can't complain about free money regardless of the amount.
Believe me, they can, and they will.

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 04:56 PM   #908
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Believe me, they can, and they will.

HA. That poor sea lion. I am sure they will.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:39 PM   #909
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I think the codes no longer serve the purpose they were intended. I bet less people care about them after missing so many and the smaller amounts that they probably have less customers paying attention.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 05:43 PM   #910
johnclone
The Enchantress

I care about these codes more than a reasonable rational person ever should. lol
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote