Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-10-2017, 05:55 AM   #341
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Steve Wang the director and producer of the Guyver live action films said on Instagram recently that a new live action movie will happen, he had talks recently in Japan with the creators.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 06:07 AM   #342
One Above All
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I hope Prime1 will make a anime accurate Guyver II + imitation guyver :aptom 1:1 bust
One Above All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 11:56 AM   #343
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
If you don't know about the mega smasher I guess it does look like he is flashing a tit for the camera.

In the chest of the Guyver unit are two particle beam weapons called Mega smashers that can level a mountain, it's the suits ultimate attack, the alternate torso pose is showing he's just unleashed a blast from one side or is threatening to.

He also calls his suit from another dimension.

candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 07:35 AM   #344
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Here's a great hi-def video of the P1 booth from the japan expo in France, you can really get a sense of how big Guyver is.

That seam on the neck of Ramotith looks bad though, the guy points it out in the vid, hope it's not that obvious not on the production piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqua_Vsr7Dg
Old 07-11-2017, 08:52 AM   #345
SONICobra
Batman

awesome video, thanks for sharing - also get a good idea of the size for guts and eva 01 as well
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:39 AM   #346
takuGuy
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Steve Wang the director and producer of the Guyver live action films said on Instagram recently that a new live action movie will happen, he had talks recently in Japan with the creators.

Honestly this is the best news regarding this franchise in over a decade. Hopefully this is the reason why there hasn't been a new chapter in over a year.
takuGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:22 AM   #347
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Here's a great hi-def video of the P1 booth from the japan expo in France, you can really get a sense of how big Guyver is.

That seam on the neck of Ramotith looks bad though, the guy points it out in the vid, hope it's not that obvious not on the production piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqua_Vsr7Dg
Good stuff man!

What concerned me on G1 was the meat/muscle parts being a bright purple, i really hope they tone that down a bit.

And yeah the neck seam on Ramotith isnt great but i'm sure that's just because its a proto.

Otherwise it looks fantastic, as do Suguru and Robin.

P1 getting all my money recently i hope they don't let me down, I'll find out with Ultraman hopefully by the end of the year.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 07:24 PM   #348
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
I recommend the 1989 12 part Anime, it's great old school anime, the updated 2005 version is also very good, that has 26 episodes and greatly expands the story but I still think the original is best. There is also a one off OVA from 1987.

I havnt read a lot of the manga so I can't really speak to that version very well.

Here is the 1st episode from the 1989 series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjCyyoTLYMA
I just wanted to report back that I watched the first episode yesterday and enjoyed it! Admittedly some of that enjoyment came from listening to the horrible dub, which prompted my wife to give me some weird looks while I was watching it.

Guyver 1 is probably the next P1 piece I will preorder if I decide to make another order - a Sideshow coupon like the recent $50 one might make me cave. I'll probably wait until after SDCC and WF though, just to see where things stand after the new reveals. It'd be sweet having him with Guyver 3 though... that one looks particularly awesome.

EDIT: I just watched episodes 2 and 3, and I couldn't stop laughing when Guyot (I think) spoke! Amusingly I think he becomes the one character that I have a Max Factory figure of - I picked it up for cheap when visiting HK like a decade ago just because I thought it looked awesome. I don't know if he's popular at all, but a P1 statue of him would probably be amazing.

Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 04:06 AM   #349
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

In the new 2005 version there is a lot more of Guyot, the dubbing is much better as well.

Here is a scene with the original Japanese voice overs and English subs, it makes a hell of a difference - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U476nTogoj8&t=335s
Old 07-12-2017, 04:06 AM   #350
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Here's another vid from the expo, some nice close ups of all the pieces.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpFYDwmVMx8