Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 02-13-2019, 07:55 PM   #41
MrYac
Hercules

while i'm sad we'll likely never see a Gen from PCS at least I got Oro. And even if a thousand companies had the license I don't see anybody ever making either of them, so for that i'll always be grateful to PCS and Jerry.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:07 PM   #42
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
while i'm sad we'll likely never see a Gen from PCS at least I got Oro. And even if a thousand companies had the license I don't see anybody ever making either of them, so for that i'll always be grateful to PCS and Jerry.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:08 PM   #43
MegatronG1
The X-Men

We only got obscure characters due to the combination of a small minority of vocal fans clamoring for them, and PCS riding out a bubble. Those days are long over.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:35 PM   #44
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
We only got obscure characters due to the combination of a small minority of vocal fans clamoring for them, and PCS riding out a bubble. Those days are long over.
I honestly don't care what the reason is, I got my favorite character and I know for the rest of human existence he's unlikely to ever get made again. you guys can enjoy your 15,000 + New Ryu, Akuma and Chun Li's and i'll enjoy my 1 Oro
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:09 PM   #45
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I really don't get the pessimism some people have for this licens. SF isn't as niche as some people think it is it's been around for decades and is the granddaddy of fighting games.
Zombiez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:29 AM   #46
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Hey, I'm not knocking on obscure stuff, just pointing the realities of the current market. I'm glad Oro exists. Really tempted to pick him up while he's still available. And I wish the rest of the B and C listers from SFIII and Alpha got their chance in 1/4, but that ain't happening at these prices, not even from PCS.

I still believe there's potential in SF. But it's no Marvel, DC, or some niche cult classic that's never had a statue made before. P1 finally showing the goods excites me, but it's oh so very predictable. Some hot females in DLC costumes would be a good start after their Chun Li.

To be fair, due to better marketing P1 should have an easier time moving these than PCS, so I'm hopeful to see more beyond the obvious A listers.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 04:07 PM   #47
supermetroid
Teen Titans

PCS have done some great statues, I think people are letting their hate towards the company(and Jerry) show some bias. I think they just got a bit greedy with the variants and total ES which is why their aftermarket's in the toilet along with being more niche anyways.

I'm not really blown away by P1's efforts so far, the poses and details are great but I'm not a huge fan of the portraits especially for the money they'll be asking. Akuma might be tempting with a classic portrait but I already have the 1/3 Akumas which are top notch to me.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote