Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 06-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #41
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
I don't understand some people's thinking when running scams like this. All that work and headache only to make 2-3k?

Chris
I'm thinking someone in a bind, maybe need to pay a mortgage or something. Probly thinking I just need a 4 week loan, then reimburse people their money. Just a guess.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:04 PM   #42
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Watch out for this seller. Selling repros...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Big-Lebo...item4d0d7aeb1d

See, these don't really bother me that much. The Seller indicates it is a repro in the description. Beyond that, anyone who thinks they are going to get a $2K print for $100 deserves to lose their money IMO.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:28 PM   #43
nodakskip
Birdman

I bought a copy of the Mondo Star Trek Space Seed poster off of ebay. The first listing had said it didnt have a number and was not signed. I wrote him and asked what kind of paper it was. It was a full photo printed repo but he admitted it and then said he got it in a flea market. He then put Reproduction in the listing.

But I would rather (at when I know before hand) to get a copy instead of paying 300 for a 45 buck poster off ebay.

But now I seem to have better luck on getting Mondo posters. I have three real ones.

1. Dark Knight Rises (all day timed drop)
2. Iron Man 3 regular
3. The Man of Steel (2 day timed drop)
nodakskip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:30 PM   #44
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodakskip View Post
I bought a copy of the Mondo Star Trek Space Seed poster off of ebay. The first listing had said it didnt have a number and was not signed. I wrote him and asked what kind of paper it was. It was a full photo printed repo but he admitted it and then said he got it in a flea market. He then put Reproduction in the listing.

But I would rather (at when I know before hand) to get a copy instead of paying 300 for a 45 buck poster off ebay.

But now I seem to have better luck on getting Mondo posters. I have three real ones.

2. Iron Man 3 regular
Nice, good start.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:40 AM   #45
ReplicantSavior

eBay really needs to police this stuff or give people a one strike you're out rule. I was looking for new Nintendo DS consoles a few days ago. eBay is literally filled with fakes/bootlegs. Sellers don't even hide it. And worse, if you search for "new" listings, some sellers are still considering opened and played or "tested" systems new.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #46
johnclone
The Enchantress

a fake game system? How would you tell?
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #47
biglebowski9999

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodakskip View Post

2. Iron Man 3 regular
This is pretty much where I fall in on the issue. I get why many/most collectors want to have nothing but the real deal. But for me, if I can save hundreds of dollars and get a grail that I wouldn't be able to afford otherwise, that's fine by me. I was not willing to pay $350 for the Ken Taylor 'Drive.' Found a seller who was selling repros (and was very upfront about it) for 20 bucks. I took a chance and it is amazing in person. Nobody outside of a serious collector would know it's a repro.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #48
ReplicantSavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
a fake game system? How would you tell?
Look for the foreign sellers with the extra games included or colors that were never released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
This is pretty much where I fall in on the issue. I get why many/most collectors want to have nothing but the real deal. But for me, if I can save hundreds of dollars and get a grail that I wouldn't be able to afford otherwise, that's fine by me. I was not willing to pay $350 for the Ken Taylor 'Drive.' Found a seller who was selling repros (and was very upfront about it) for 20 bucks. I took a chance and it is amazing in person. Nobody outside of a serious collector would know it's a repro.
But you know. It's like getting a kit Ferrari. You know the real thing is out there but you are accepting a fake. No matter how good the copy is. And I'm not a serious collector but I bet I could tell the repro vs the original in a second.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #49
biglebowski9999

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post

But you know. It's like getting a kit Ferrari. You know the real thing is out there but you are accepting a fake. No matter how good the copy is. And I'm not a serious collector but I bet I could tell the repro vs the original in a second.

I don't know what to tell you, it doesn't bother me, or I wouldn't have spent even the small amount of money I did on the repro. You guys get more upset about repros than the original artists themselves do.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #50
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
I don't what to tell you, it doesn't bother me, or I wouldn't have spent even the small amount of money I did on the repro. You guys get more upset about repros than the original artists themselves do.
I don't promote bootlegs but I wouldn't turn down a clean copy of Stouts Thing, never could afford the original.