Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 05-15-2023, 01:18 AM   #1
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

May be i become too leftist to read super hero comics...

People change and what makes that change is mostly about what you read. I read some philosophy books and some classic literature... They started to make me lean toward leftist thinking and Super hero comics really started to annoy me...

I read whatever Super Hero Comics, only thing the creative team try to do is justify violance and killing and attempts of brain washing people. I am really annoied by these. I decided to try some none-super hero indie comics lately.

I mean i can read about violance and killing, mostly as an old habit, but when the creative team try to justify it... It kills all my enjoyment because that is super backwards. I especially get super annoyed when the creative team try to brainwash you about whatever they disagree. They make the villain say whatever the creative team disagree, try to convice the Audince, that way of thinking is evil. By making villain say it, they try to give the message of only sick twisted evil people believe that and think like that and those things the creative team make the villains say are all about leftist thinking lol this is total brain wash.

May be i become too leftist for super hero comics... I don't enjoy whatever new comics i read and when i reread whatever i used to like, i hate it. lol But it is an addictive habit like cigarets, alcohol and drugs... Will i end up hate reading all of my super hero comics...
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 01:51 AM   #2
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

As far as comics, I actually haven't read much in the super hero genre...mainly Star Wars and other fantasy/sci-fi, some offbeat stuff like Preacher, Something Is Killing The Children, W0rldtr33, some video game comics (Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, etc), and other miscellaneous books. I wouldn't say any of these try to justify violence per se. Even Preacher, which is extremely violent, doesn't advocate for violence, but rather it's just a tool used in the storytelling, much like how Quentin Tarantino uses violence in his films. I'm curious, which comics exactly are you seeing this in?
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 02:14 AM   #3
MrYac
Hercules

maybe "leftist" means something different in your country, but the slog to the left is what has turned most folks off of comics in the recent decade or so.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 03:20 AM   #4
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
As far as comics, I actually haven't read much in the super hero genre...mainly Star Wars and other fantasy/sci-fi, some offbeat stuff like Preacher, Something Is Killing The Children, W0rldtr33, some video game comics (Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, etc), and other miscellaneous books. I wouldn't say any of these try to justify violence per se. Even Preacher, which is extremely violent, doesn't advocate for violence, but rather it's just a tool used in the storytelling, much like how Quentin Tarantino uses violence in his films. I'm curious, which comics exactly are you seeing this in?
When i think about it, what comes immidiatly to my mind is two big works of comics. Watchmen and V For Vendetta and the creative teams try to justify gun use in Batman comics lately... Scott Snyder and Grant Morrison are two writers who most definetly liked to write a gun tollerant Batman. Heck Morrison even made Batman kill Darkseid with a gun... I believe the examples are infinite since super hero comics is written by right wing people for right wing people as far as i can see.
Old 05-15-2023, 03:23 AM   #5
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
maybe "leftist" means something different in your country, but the slog to the left is what has turned most folks off of comics in the recent decade or so.
Supporting gay people doesn't considered to be a job only for leftists in America anymore as far as i can see. There are many right wing people who support gays as well. If this is what you are talking about. there are even conservative right wing gays in America... lol
Old 05-15-2023, 11:19 AM   #6
Augen
The Hulk

A major challenge for Marvel and DC is they introduce so many fantastic notions, but then have to snap their world back to ours.

For example, I saw a recent issue of Jon Kent Superman that had an enivornmentalist cover with a sign by a protestor that says "No Plan(et) B" because in our reality if we make our world in hospitable we as a species are screwed. However, in DC, there are Planets B-Z across the cosmos.

What stories can comics really tell that keep it centered on our world. Have a bad guy and good guy fight is easy. If you had a good guy address world ills and build a utopia then it would become so complex and divorced from our own reality I think readers would struggle to understand what is going on.

I also think most terms like politics, and left or right, vary wildly depending on who you ask. I sadly think people want so many benign acts like what car I drive, what alcohol I drink, or what comics I like become a political statement when often it is just what I enjoy.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 04:58 PM   #7
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

I don't know... i really don't know... I am a fool. lol

I am just experimenting and i don't think i will quit comics. It is too addictive... , but i am a different person now and i think i can never be like i used to be ever again.
Old 07-07-2023, 03:04 PM   #8
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

Comics are trash now
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 05:44 PM   #9
SONICobra
Batman

time to get into indie comics, theres some great stuff being produced right now
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 05:18 PM   #10
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Watching Oppenheimer, i realised i am kind of confilected like him, compared to him on smaller scale. He felt sad and guilty for all the lives lost in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, but he also said i wish we could drop a bomb to Germany as well...

I mean, i am a soldier's boy in the end of the day... I say to myself i am not a militarist guy, i am against war. I am greaful that i don't have to kill anything. I just killed some bugs in my life so far. I am greatful for that. And then new Punisher Omnibus is announced or someting. I am like, i am a peaceful guy, i am not getting it... I am not... No... then i get it... Then i am like, no, violance and murder is not the answer... i am not reading the new Punisher Omnibus, i will sell it... I will... And then i read it and i am like, man, it was awesome. lol I think it is time to admit i am a militarist guy and i will always be a militarist guy... My father's curse like influance on me as a soldier is just too strong. My father has always treated me like his orderly as far as i remember and i must except i am an orderly and i will always be my father's orderly... lol