Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-06-2023, 12:18 AM   #31
Goonsack Steve
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
Finally, why the hell are they making so many predators, batmans, and so forth? I know there are lot of fans out there, but you can only sell a character so many times before the market becomes saturated at current prices.

I think statue companies are going to have to diversify the statues produced. I don't see how companies can keep selling the same characters over and over at the current prices.
All I can speak for is Predator collectors (batman I truly agree with your point), but that's the thing, Prime 1 isn't selling the same character over and over again. The only two characters that have multiple statues (if you can say that) are Jungle Hunter and City Hunter.

EVERYTHING ELSE has never been produced or hasn't been produced in nearly a decade. That's why they sell like hotcakes and they keep announcing new Predator statues. They have a monopoly on this franchise because no other company is willing to do all the side characters we know and love.

Yes, not all (if any outside of Wolf) will sell like the Jungle Hunter, but they'll still sell. Even if only 100 units, still $300K+ USD per statue they're racking in EASY. Don't blame them at all.
Goonsack Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 10:02 AM   #32
Augen
Metal Men

At this point I'll be shocked if there is another 1:3 Artgerm DC Heroine revealed (as much as I'd love for it to happen).
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 10:57 AM   #33
Mercy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonsack Steve View Post
All I can speak for is Predator collectors (batman I truly agree with your point), but that's the thing, Prime 1 isn't selling the same character over and over again. The only two characters that have multiple statues (if you can say that) are Jungle Hunter and City Hunter.

EVERYTHING ELSE has never been produced or hasn't been produced in nearly a decade. That's why they sell like hotcakes and they keep announcing new Predator statues. They have a monopoly on this franchise because no other company is willing to do all the side characters we know and love.

Yes, not all (if any outside of Wolf) will sell like the Jungle Hunter, but they'll still sell. Even if only 100 units, still $300K+ USD per statue they're racking in EASY. Don't blame them at all.
You right about the Predator statues. I wonder why no else is make Predator statues if they are selling like hotcakes for Prime1? Have they made a Dutch?
Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 11:05 AM   #34
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post

Problem is 1/3 has to deserve it. Nice statues of moderately popular characters aren't worth the sacrifice.

yes, even more so for 1:2 full statues. When i see people having walls of 1:2 scale statues from newer movies, i ask myself, "these people really like that movie that much to buy that." maybe they do, maybe they don't. 1:3 and up are a real pain to display. i think 1:4 is a great scale. 1:3 statues are great for a statement piece, a centerpiece. 1:2 are great but you are really committing to that piece, it has to be something very special, like the Sideshow SWS Iron Man 1:2. full 1:1 statue is has to be a character #1 guy thing like vader or Christopher Reeve superman or something otherwise you need a museum. 1:1 busts are perfect for what they are, maximum impact, minimum space.

Prime 1 should focus on 1:1 busts.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 01:04 PM   #35
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonsack Steve View Post

This...

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Problem is 1/3 has to deserve it. Nice statues of moderately popular characters aren't worth the sacrifice.
...but also this. Hell, I'd be in for almost all of their upcoming Predator stuff if they went smaller and I doubt I'm the only one. The 1/3 Jungle Hunter is a one-and-done for most collectors, whether they be Predator fans or film geeks in general.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 08:48 AM   #36
craigcliff1
Zot

Chris did a video just on this. He stated that new ES, not announced yet, are super low. Fewer DC
and 1/3 and more 1/4s. Just A characters getting a statue. Anime is THE BIG THING now and P1 doing a lot more of that. Comic Book stuff is now not as popular and US statue collecting has tanked. Asia has lots of collectors. He stated the companies he talked to aren't happy

My thoughts
Too many statues

Statues TOO MUCH MONEY. When PF were 200.00 at BBTS on sale and some in 100.00s ROTJ Luke PF, Maul PF, Scout and others, I got ANYTHING I liked ANYTHING. That is how I got so many statues. Now I get say 1 a year.

Shipping is a JOKE. I think shipping is up 10 X from when I started statue collecting. It was cheap for 10 years they started to jack it up in 2015

economy and inflation

Resell. I barley collect now but a few statues want to get and fully quit, but can't sell much. So no new statues, putting my money to Devy and OS.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 10:11 AM   #37
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I hope that's true about anime being the big thing now and comic book stuff tanking. I'm sick of comic books and Western films dominating the 1/4th market for such a long time. It has been a breath of fresh air seeing all these anime IPs getting big statues recently.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 01:44 PM   #38
Straken-SWE
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I hope that's true about anime being the big thing now and comic book stuff tanking. I'm sick of comic books and Western films dominating the 1/4th market for such a long time. It has been a breath of fresh air seeing all these anime IPs getting big statues recently.
I couldnt agree more!
Straken-SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 02:34 PM   #39
Mooste
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
If you check sales figures of comics and manga then it is definitely true that manga/anime is bigger now. Most certainly manga is bigger.
Mooste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 03:02 PM   #40
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooste View Post
If you check sales figures of comics and manga then it is definitely true that manga/anime is bigger now. Most certainly manga is bigger.
I don?t read anime/manga but I?m sure there must be something to it. I think one of the reasons it?s outselling comics is because how horrible comics have become. You can?t continuously push your social and political views on people who don?t want to hear it and expect to sell.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote