Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 05-25-2023, 08:02 PM   #271
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

I delayed my usual write up as I had a couple of things I needed to mull over.

Anyway it’s fairly easy to assemble. But as the bust comes attached to the base I was concerned about how difficult it would be to lift and move around, but it wasn’t too heavy at all. My recent Spidey bust is far heavier, especially when attached to the base. All the attachments, such as the forearms fit nice and snugly.

The mask/goggles were easy to place on her head. And if you’re concerned about leaving any marks on the silicone face, I wouldn’t be concerned at all. You can affix the mask as loose or as tight as you want. Once I get it in position I tighten it right up, but then lightly loosen it, by pulling the mask from the front for about 5mm, then sit it back on the nose. Or you can even leave it floating slightly if you want.

Now the likeness is okay, but it’s certainly a quality drop from the prototype. I was hoping it would look like the photo posted a few pages back, but after watching YouTube reviews, I knew that wasn’t going to happen.

The skin paint app is fairly flat, and honestly I rate my Queen Spidey to be far superior in that regard, as it has a far more diverse paint colour selection, whereas this one is closer to a mannequin look.

I didn’t notice this at first, but after looking at the first batch of photos I took in fairly bad lighting, I noticed that the position of the eyes weren’t quite to my liking. It wasn’t really apparent in person, but it did stand out a bit on photos, but it was quite slight. However, I took the risk, and used my thumb to try to reposition it slightly. And to my surprise it worked. It only moved a single millimetre, but that’s all I really wanted. I was able to gauge the distance moved as there was like a black oil stain showing a line of where it used to be positioned (The stain is easily removed). If it’s not enough I might try to move the other eye in the opposite direction. But I might not chance it, as there’s like a silicone film or glaze that goes from the eyelid, right onto the edges of the visible eyeball. It only goes for about 2mm on the left eye, but it looks to be a lot more on the right eye.

Anyway, while I’m glad I purchased it, it didn’t become my favourite bust in my collection. I much prefer Queens Tom Holland Spidey. Heck, overall I might still prefer my Queen Wonder Woman over it.

However, I’ve got the Selina Kyle positioned quite low at the moment, and I’ve always found that just by lifting it up higher, it can greatly improve how one of these busts looks like.

Note: I may take some better photos over the weekend.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 08:11 PM   #272
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Here’s a few photos. The last one I took before leaving for work.

Old 05-25-2023, 11:27 PM   #273
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I get what your saying about the flat mannequin look from your photos, strange I haven't seen that before in other photos, or maybe noticed it.
I need to message Sugo to find out where my invoice is, haven't received it yet.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 11:32 PM   #274
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
I get what your saying about the flat mannequin look from your photos, strange I haven't seen that before in other photos, or maybe noticed it.
I need to message Sugo to find out where my invoice is, haven't received it yet.
I had a light pointed directly at the statue as I was taking the photo. It actually looks better when there are shadows playing on the face.
Old 05-26-2023, 12:12 AM   #275
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

This looks fantastic Phoenix, congrats! This definitely looks like Hathaway.

Your lighting is warm white which imo is a little harsh for photos. You were also pointing a light at this which made it even more harsh imo lol. I think if you took photos in actual daylight or daylight bulbs you would think differently. I bet the hair wouldn’t look so “red” as well.

AWESOME piece
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 12:27 PM   #276
ukshaun
Hercules

@Phoenixblazes your photo's are not selling the piece to me
I am assuming you are using a mobile phone, as Anne's face looks slightly elongated.
Sometimes it is worth taking photo's of pieces outside, as the lighting, providing it is no too strong, can make a piece look great.
Directional lighting helps also, and can bring a piece to life.

The shot with the goggles - Anne's hair over her left ear could use some work.

Good tip with regards to moving the eye's.

Congrats on your purchase
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 01:55 PM   #277
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
@Phoenixblazes your photo's are not selling the piece to me
I am assuming you are using a mobile phone, as Anne's face looks slightly elongated.
Sometimes it is worth taking photo's of pieces outside, as the lighting, providing it is no too strong, can make a piece look great.
Directional lighting helps also, and can bring a piece to life.

The shot with the goggles - Anne's hair over her left ear could use some work.

Good tip with regards to moving the eye's.

Congrats on your purchase
I've since fixed this.

I only combed the hair about 7 hours ago. But damn did I lose a lot of the hair while doing it. I wouldn't be surprised if I lost a hundred strands
Old 05-26-2023, 02:03 PM   #278
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I've since fixed this.

I only combed the hair about 7 hours ago. But damn did I lose a lot of the hair while doing it. I wouldn't be surprised if I lost a hundred strands
That's worrying. For the price, Infinity should include a brush / comb that is ideal to use on their product.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 02:09 PM   #279
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
That's worrying. For the price, Infinity should include a brush / comb that is ideal to use on their product.
Honestly I was a bit impatient while doing it. If I had just used my fingers to get rid of the knots I was finding, rather than forcing my comb through I probably wouldn't have lost so much.
Old 05-26-2023, 04:18 PM   #280
Shoo
Hercules

Worst case scenario, you can always turn it into a bust of her in 'The Witches'.

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote