Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 05-04-2023, 05:30 PM   #21
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I'm super curious about his incredible packing job that couldn't possible result in breakage? I've become a bit of an expert in packing statues, so these stories always interest me
I have sold statues on eBay as well and packed them up. Granted I always had the original box they came with but still packed them with lots of extra protection.

They sent me a box with the statue bubble wrapped loosely in a single layer, there was no tape used. Then they surrounded the bubble wrap with foam inserts that are not hard but not soft either. The box looks great, no damage at all to the box as far as I can see. I think it just rattled around in there from Florida to Oklahoma.

jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 05:33 PM   #22
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Yeah, I figured all those crazy messages he's been sending would be to his detriment and only further your case.
Yeah, I never even asked for anything. I let them know it arrived damaged and asked them to let me know the next steps. I didn't realize I was opening myself up for a nightmare of abuse.
Old 05-04-2023, 05:34 PM   #23
SDguy

Terrible. And why are sellers so allergic to using tape??
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 05:42 PM   #24
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I almost would want to know the sellers name to avoid them
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 05:54 PM   #25
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I almost would want to know the sellers name to avoid them
I thought about letting everyone know but do not want it to damage my case at all in case it gets back to them. I have been showing restraint....which is hard for me.

They are doing a great job of damaging their case right now just by themselves, their last message responding to the case eBay opened should be the last nail in the coffin.

After resolution though......
Old 05-04-2023, 06:01 PM   #26
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Just got yet another message from the seller.....this is a long one. Now they are threatening to file criminal charges.

"Every time that we ship a statue it is handled and packaged using ultimate care, we suspend the statue in the center of a larger box and pad the entire box so the statue cannot ever be damaged. In 30 years we have never had a damaged statue. And strange that the sword being the thinnest part and extremely fragile was not broken at all lol because we packed it so well. We know that you pulled those parts off yourself. We also asked you to send an image of the whole box also showing the packaging contents and we have yet to receive that. Again eBay has been notified yet again due to your attempt to fraud us. There will be no return as you are the one who removed the parts and your images that you took prove that so thank you. You should be ashamed of attempting to rip someone off. We also know by your first intintial message that you weren’t asking for a return as you had stated you wanted to resolve this, meaning you were going to pull the can I have a discount and I will fix the statue which would be easy since you just pulled the parts off yourself so you could glue them back if we agreed. But when I caught you right away trying to rip us off you knew we were not going to give a partial refund based on our response to your first message so you opened a fraudulent case breaking eBay policy. In closing, it is “You” who pulled the parts off of the statue. The statue is mot broken as the parts can be glued back the same way that you removed them. And our packages are impossible to be damaged in transit as we have gone through great lengths in packaging and shipping fragile through post office which means your package was handled extra fragile. In 30 years we have never had a statue damaged in transit ever. And if the statue was dropped off a shelf in your home for instance, the sword being extremely fragile would have broke yet in your images it’s not broken and only the parts that you pulled off are not attached so no this did not happen in transit. You just got busted commuting fraud is all. And if this goes any farther we will be contacting law enforcement and filing a fraud case as we are a business and what your doing is a crime. eBay will be handling this and are in agreement that your the one who damaged the statue. My advice to you is to close the fraudulent case before it gets out of hand or let eBay step in and then after they decide we will then file a criminal case against you the buyer for fraud. We do not take scammers lightly and we will prosecute to the fullest extent of the law. You would not be the first."

Funny, he accused me of breaking it first and then asked for pictures of the packaging. Which is at home and not at work. He sent several more vile massages before I even had the chance to get home....which of course led me to go to eBay directly. This is like a weird twilight zone episode. LOL
Old 05-04-2023, 06:05 PM   #27
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Now they are threatening to file criminal charges.

What a bunch of verbal diarrhea they sent...you've really pissed him off now
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 07:29 PM   #28
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post

What a bunch of verbal diarrhea they sent...you've really pissed him off now
I?m sure this tactic he is using works on a lot of people. I am just over it at this point. I want to get this resolved and then block them on eBay so I do not have to get anymore of these messages.
Old 05-04-2023, 07:41 PM   #29
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I would think that there message would only support your case

Now do they post on here (okay, I am being nosy-
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 07:46 PM   #30
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I would think that there message would only support your case

Now do they post on here (okay, I am being nosy-
I am sure if they posted on here we would have already heard about it from them. It does not appear to me that they do.