Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-05-2023, 03:38 AM   #31
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

Well, apparently a scammer and not a sharp one. Yes, this is Hannah Li. He changed the name, the profile picture but he forgot to delete some old pictures lol. The merit of this investigation goes to the FB group.

As for the bust photos we don't know for sure where they come from, most probably it's a private commision which sadly many times are the best but only just one unit produced.

This screams scam. If I were you guys I would pull off everything out of this, the Paypal protection system ain't infallible. He could send you that bluetooth speaker and allege that was a legit exchange.
Fu_Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 06:44 PM   #32
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
I won't say that I have 100% confidence in this project, but I have done some research on the person in charge and their other endeavors in the statue community, and I am satisfied enough put some trust in them. And it will supposedly be delivered in the 4th quarter of this year, which is within PayPal's 180 day protection policy.

This is a great bust, and who knows if or when a licensed studio will get RDJ's likeness rights. Personally, I took the chance and gave a deposit for one. On the off chance this is a scam, I'll just ask PayPal for a refund.
Can you elaborate on what you found on this person or people that made you confident enough to order this with a $1k deposit? I've been collecting a long time, and this is the first time I have ever heard the name Hannah Li before, whom now is obviously not even a woman.

There was a guy in the CA/NV statue group that was endorsing this bust, saying he could get people one. His post has since been deleted, as I was going to call him out on it.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 10:28 PM   #33
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Can you elaborate on what you found on this person or people that made you confident enough to order this with a $1k deposit? I've been collecting a long time, and this is the first time I have ever heard the name Hannah Li before, whom now is obviously not even a woman.

There was a guy in the CA/NV statue group that was endorsing this bust, saying he could get people one. His post has since been deleted, as I was going to call him out on it.
I've seen several collectors receive high ticket items from her. There are also a few reputable people in the community who have also ordered this and are a part of the private group. So I took my chance too. If this is real, it'll be a grail piece for sure.

That said, I would never shill or tell someone to order this, as I am not 100% sure this is legit. Right now, it's about 80% for me, and I'll agree that there are many red flags.

There was some speculation that the pictures were made with AI and that's why the hands were blurred out in all of the pictures. I questioned her about it this morning, and she released the unedited pictures of it. So all good there.

The final ES should be announced before the end of the week. That will shine some light on whether or not for me to continue. If it's low--say 50-60--I'll feel a bit better about it. Any higher than that and I might just ask for my refund as I don't see how they could make that many while maintaining quality and staying under the copyright radar. Apparently, instead of being made by a factory, they'll all be made by the original artist himself.

So yeah. Definitely sketchy. I'll continue to follow and update for anyone who's interested.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 01:08 AM   #34
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

Some deepful thoughts in the FB thread that invite reflection on this hobby. I didn't even know the FOMO expression, it's very good, we should have an expression like FOMO in my mother tongue. It tailor describes what's happening here.

It saddens me a bit seeing some people that I considered smart falling into this for the FOMO. This swindle is older than all of us combined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon
There was some speculation that the pictures were made with AI and that's why the hands were blurred out in all of the pictures. I questioned her about it this morning, and she released the unedited pictures of it. So all good there.
It's extremely simpler than that Brandon. Ask him for pictures of it with a sheet written with the name Hannah Li and the date. You'll never get that, do you know why? because this is a big fat scam.
Fu_Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 03:17 PM   #35
Forps is back
Mephisto

Guys, a lot of rumours about this Iron Man bust. A lot of rumours and if they are true, then some shady things are happening behind the curtains in the hobby.

I don't know if these rumours are true or not, but i would like Marvel to step in to clear the mess.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 05:36 PM   #36
Hobbyist
Sailor Moon

The more I look at it, the more it looks like a cut-and-paste job. It is likely not a real bust.

Not sure what is he up to.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 06:48 PM   #37
Forps is back
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
The more I look at it, the more it looks like a cut-and-paste job. It is likely not a real bust.

Let's stop here cause the situation is extremely strange ... let's stop here.

Nevertheless, if the rumours are real, Marvel MUST step in and clean the mess. If the rumours are real, the hobby is heading to dangerous paths.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 09:31 PM   #38
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post

There were videos, one definitely exists. Though I don't think there is any evidence that it is this guys bust, multiple people were soliciting it.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 11:08 PM   #39
Brandon
The X-Men

From what I understand, Hannah Li has taken works from various artists, and copied them whilst claiming (lying) that she got their approval to do so. The more I look into this, the more I doubt the actual maker of the original bust knows she is copying it.

That said, she has sold quite a few items, and I see mostly good reviews. I've also checked several scammer groups and her name doesn't pop up.

I don't think she's (or he's, according to some) a scammer; just a recaster.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 01:33 AM   #40
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
From what I understand, Hannah Li has taken works from various artists, and copied them whilst claiming (lying) that she got their approval to do so. The more I look into this, the more I doubt the actual maker of the original bust knows she is copying it.

That said, she has sold quite a few items, and I see mostly good reviews. I've also checked several scammer groups and her name doesn't pop up.

I don't think she's (or he's, according to some) a scammer; just a recaster.
I?m pretty sure it has already been proven that this person Hannah isn?t even a woman. To lie and make up a fake name and gender just shows how dirty this person is. It?s crazy so many people ordered this. I hope it pans out as being a legit item for those that did.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote