Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-04-2023, 02:38 PM   #11
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Finally some sense. Hope this is true, I just don't want paint apps to suffer.

I'd have been willing to pay $2000 instead of $1500 for their 1/4 Big Game Predator if the paint quality matched the 1/3.
But that's the thing the smaller the piece the harder to paint accurately and casting asymmetry from warping is more evident.

They need to just offer both scales option more often.

1/4 may increase their sales numbers but won't really increase their overall revenue. 1/3s cost VERY little extra to produce yes more to ship but they'll lose their 1/3 customers.
They need to just realize it will be a time of economic contraction for a while and not be so gung-ho with initiating pieces.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 03:16 PM   #12
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
But that's the thing the smaller the piece the harder to paint accurately and casting asymmetry from warping is more evident.
I don't think the scale is the reason for the BGCA looking how it does. It really seems like they were going for a different style with the color choices and decal shapes. Well, that and the lack of sealer which should be standard for any statue.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 03:19 PM   #13
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
I don't think the scale is the reason for the BGCA looking how it does. It really seems like they were going for a different style with the color choices and decal shapes. Well, that and the lack of sealer which should be standard for any statue.
I'm referring to the errors not art direction. Misaligned decals gloppy and overall poor paint application.
Then there's the flaking...
Old 06-04-2023, 03:23 PM   #14
Mr Collectible
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Do you mean cut out 1/3 altogether for 1/4? I know they are doing 1/4 but I thought it was along with their 1/3 line?
Don't quote me on it, but I've heard the BSC and others speak on it. Where there's smoke, there's fire.
Mr Collectible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 03:26 PM   #15
Mr Collectible

Quote:
Finally some sense. Hope this is true, I just don't want paint apps to suffer.

I'd have been willing to pay $2000 instead of $1500 for their 1/4 Big Game Predator if the paint quality matched the 1/3.
I hear you, I just wish they would offer some statues in 1/3 and 1/4.
Mr Collectible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 05:51 PM   #16
SONICobra
Batman

I think the novelty of 1/3 scale is wearing thin, yes they are impressive but as anyone who owns any knows they are massive space hogs, not to mention box storage and twice the shipping. In the beginning I think they were just so different with incredible presence it was hard not to be impressed. But with the cost of production, materials, shipping, seasoned collectors running low on space I think it’s bizarre companies are still embracing the scale as much as they are. And yes I’m still bitter about the PCS shredder

I just need them to put that phantasm up and me and P1 are square
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 06:28 PM   #17
Goonsack Steve

I'll be pretty pissed if they canned the 1/3 Predator line. No way do you do FIVE characters and then switch it up when you get to Wolf and others.

Is there anywhere we can see where this info is coming from? Just doesn't make sense.
Goonsack Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 08:05 PM   #18
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
I think the novelty of 1/3 scale is wearing thin, yes they are impressive but as anyone who owns any knows they are massive space hogs, not to mention box storage and twice the shipping. In the beginning I think they were just so different with incredible presence it was hard not to be impressed. But with the cost of production, materials, shipping, seasoned collectors running low on space I think it?s bizarre companies are still embracing the scale as much as they are. And yes I?m still bitter about the PCS shredder

I just need them to put that phantasm up and me and P1 are square
I don't find them taking up much more space than height. 1/4's usually compensate with more base while 1/3's tend to trim it down. Now that is most pieces. Then there's the Hush Superman which is just dumb it easts so much space.

Polystone is a dirt cheap material.

Problem is 1/3 has to deserve it. Nice statues of moderately popular characters aren't worth the sacrifice.

No way I'd think they change the advertised Predators' scale but they might cancel some outright.
Old 06-04-2023, 08:40 PM   #19
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I just don't get what this company is trying to achieve. Alita statue? Cool. Wait why do we keep getting more of her every three months? Actual fans of the manga would know there are quite a few memorable characters in it. How many Guts statues are there? I'm afraid to ever buy one because they keep trying to one-up themselves multiple times a year. How many versions of Eva 01 are there before even a single Evangelion pilot has shipped? It's like their biggest competitor is themselves. They are flooding this market with derivative garbage that all looks the same. It's just an overdesigned mess and the only people who can afford to buy into so many half-hearted "masterpieces" are people who are going to be spending their money on things far more interesting.

At some point I hope people stop wanting these "epic" "masterpiece" "diorama" 1/4 and 1/3 statues with massive bases and details and swap outs added just for the sake of padding out the price. Wasn't Lady Maria $600? Her base looks like a blank sheet of paper compared to the trash heaps they keep having everyone stand on.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 09:21 PM   #20
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Is this thread in regards to P1's next Next Level Showcase?
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote