Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 08-29-2018, 06:47 PM   #511
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogeyman13 View Post
What double standard? I don’t believe I have ever criticized someone for liking/disliking a product. I’ve criticized products, but not people.
not you bro, you cool. but there's people here...
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 06:31 PM   #512
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Tamaboy, I agree that the video shows off the rex in a better fashion than most pictures posted, but maybe you should temper your enthusiasm just a bit. I can't know what any one person expects from any particular statue. Some people's standards are higher than others. I can tell you that when I opened the lid, I sort of sighed. There was no "wow" for me and I really wanted that. I love the JP rex and was so hopeful that it was going to be better than the LW male. Without the proper highlighting, the snout looks very plastic like to me. That's why I got out the paints.

To the casual observer, this looks like a great piece. To the JP fan or an avid statue collector, it may not excite.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 07:04 PM   #513
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

From the pics so far I am slightly concerned about how the full 1/5 is going to turn out. Seems much lighter than I expected final piece to look and more like a paint step was missed .Seems like it need to be darkened up a bit to bring out the details and soften the dots a bit.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 07:40 PM   #514
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
From the pics so far I am slightly concerned about how the full 1/5 is going to turn out. Seems much lighter than I expected final piece to look and more like a paint step was missed .Seems like it need to be darkened up a bit to bring out the details and soften the dots a bit.
I think they are using a different company that's not toynami. I think they did the pachy and i honestly couldn't differentiate the proto vs the PS. We'll see.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180818_120635.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	413.4 KB
ID:	116739  
Old 08-30-2018, 08:56 PM   #515
john.van
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I like it so much,I got mine 3 days ago and I have not opened yet.LMAO !!!
john.van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 11:01 PM   #516
Unknown Hero
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjszar View Post
Tamaboy, I agree that the video shows off the rex in a better fashion than most pictures posted, but maybe you should temper your enthusiasm just a bit. I can't know what any one person expects from any particular statue. Some people's standards are higher than others. I can tell you that when I opened the lid, I sort of sighed. There was no "wow" for me and I really wanted that. I love the JP rex and was so hopeful that it was going to be better than the LW male. Without the proper highlighting, the snout looks very plastic like to me. That's why I got out the paints.

To the casual observer, this looks like a great piece. To the JP fan or an avid statue collector, it may not excite.
my thoughts exactly. I was really hoping for more or least as good as the Male bust or 1:1 raptor paint. Chronicle pieces haven't lasted long in my collection tbh and this is now my only one from them. Sold off the 1:1 endo bust due to the bland paint. The 1:4 endo was a complete cluster F and went back immediately. Sold the BO rex after a year. It was nice, but had worse paint than this. I really want Chronicle to succeed, but going to hold back for a bit and focus on other companies. The cherry on top is the FU with the malfitting table stand they aren't addressing.
Unknown Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 04:37 PM   #517
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Agreed. So much potential but they have been hit or miss. Come on Paul, we want perfection and would pay more!
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 05:46 PM   #518
tidus
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
If I were to get this, It would be for the same reason as you and that's it. I feel for the price though, it's not worth it unless I got a damaged one for much cheaper, so that I could get it repainted.
I agree, but I couldn't pass on it. The uncertainty on getting one kills me I decided not to play safe on the Stegosaurus and I'm having trouble finding one here, now.

Question for CC; the cast of the female given by thx didn't have mouth, I'm guessing right that both mouth and teeth are from the male? I don't care at all - most likely they were derived from the female at first - just curious.
tidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 06:02 PM   #519
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidus View Post
I agree, but I couldn't pass on it. The uncertainty on getting one kills me I decided not to play safe on the Stegosaurus and I'm having trouble finding one here, now.

Question for CC; the cast of the female given by thx didn't have mouth, I'm guessing right that both mouth and teeth are from the male? I don't care at all - most likely they were derived from the female at first - just curious.
I think they are. about the stego, I think CC still has them. believe me, you would love it.
Old 09-02-2018, 07:12 PM   #520
franktank
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
I think they are. about the stego, I think CC still has them. believe me, you would love it.
Stego is great. Big but great
franktank is offline   Reply With Quote