Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-16-2023, 09:11 AM   #511
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
For me the partial solution is to place the boxes underneath the statues inside these pedestals
Gremlins?!
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 09:16 AM   #512
Exorcist
Hydra

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Gremlins?!
Yeah I have this 80s & 90s corner with: Predator/Aliens/Terminator/Robocop/Gremlins

Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 10:34 AM   #513
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
For me the partial solution is to place the boxes underneath the statues inside these pedestals
Gizmo is an icon but I'm not sure he warrants a glass case like the JND pieces.

Seriously, great setup though.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 10:40 AM   #514
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Yeah I have this 80s & 90s corner with: Predator/Aliens/Terminator/Robocop/Gremlins

Oh I didn't realise that was your house lol I thought this was a JND display. Wow, that looks absolutely stunning, such a nice display
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 11:01 AM   #515
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
wow......ok, now you're talking. That's a very VERY classy set up. I tell you, when I grow up, I want a display like that!!!

Did you source the display cases locally? Are they fully sealed? - just wonderful to see.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 03:01 PM   #516
Exorcist
Hydra

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Gizmo is an icon but I'm not sure he warrants a glass case like the JND pieces.

Seriously, great setup though.
Lol thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Oh I didn't realise that was your house lol I thought this was a JND display. Wow, that looks absolutely stunning, such a nice display
Thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
wow......ok, now you're talking. That's a very VERY classy set up. I tell you, when I grow up, I want a display like that!!!

Did you source the display cases locally? Are they fully sealed? - just wonderful to see.
Thx! Yes the are custom made locally. The glass plates are closed tight to each other with screws. The plates are easily attached or removed. I never need to dust or clean the statues this way
Old 01-18-2023, 11:34 AM   #517
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:

Thx! Yes the are custom made locally. The glass plates are closed tight to each other with screws. The plates are easily attached or removed. I never need to dust or clean the statues this way
Very classy display.

I'm curious how you arrived at size of those given how much vertical space is left over with all the JND figures.
Was it to put more distance between the figures and the light source- or do (did) you have larger pieces set up, and the cases are simply meant to be consistently uniform all around?

I'm in the process of designing the enclosure for my Alita bust, and I'm still not settled on much extra room to build in at top.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 01:37 PM   #518
Exorcist
Hydra

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Very classy display.

I'm curious how you arrived at size of those given how much vertical space is left over with all the JND figures.
Was it to put more distance between the figures and the light source- or do (did) you have larger pieces set up, and the cases are simply meant to be consistently uniform all around?

I'm in the process of designing the enclosure for my Alita bust, and I'm still not settled on much extra room to build in at top.
Thank you! And yes, my preference is that all cases are consistent with each other. Luckily for me I had some inside information on whats coming next for JND, so I could already adjust the case sizes for some future releases
Superman was one of them reaching with 87cm in height, I anticipated that so I already gave some of the glass cases 100cm in height.

I also ordered the IS Catwoman bust, and she will also fit in a case with 100cm in height. Consistency is very important for my OCD, thats why I am also very happy with the JND bases

When it comes to bases and shoes my experience is, that during most of the time it is better to get a size to big then to small
Old 01-18-2023, 02:04 PM   #519
pdenham
Teen Titans

Thanks for the reply.

I was hoping it was solely to accommodate other larger pieces, rather than being a concern with the light source being too close to the silicone, or something like that.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 02:20 PM   #520
Exorcist
Hydra

Thumbs up

NP, and it indeed has nothing to do with the silicone, I just want al cases to match with each other