Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 07-09-2013, 11:03 PM   #661
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Maybe the intention is to sell less in order to help maintain a higher level of quality and create a line of truly limited edition statues.

That would certainly help explain the higher price point. If thats the case I have no problem with it myself since I've been less than impressed with a lot of the mass produced statues as of late. Obviously in doing that GG alienates a lot of potential customers and few will feel the need to collect the line in it's entirety.

That being said this isn't really a line like Sucker Punch where collecting all the girls feels necessary.
Yah that's right lol (doubt it). Why not put up an ES # then a TBD of its going to be a low ES? I doubt that is their intention to make as little as possible. Look how well the SP turned out and it was $350 to $400 less per statue! Give me a break to justify how they are pricing these. One word...greed!
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:03 PM   #662
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroWho View Post
The run will be low for sure. I'm thinking 150 to 250.
Don't know why people are surprised at the cost for the Regular. You already knew the Variant cost. How much less could it be when it was the Same statue in a different color.
but variants alwys tend to cost more
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:07 PM   #663
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroWho View Post
The run will be low for sure. I'm thinking 150 to 250.
Don't know why people are surprised at the cost for the Regular. You already knew the Variant cost. How much less could it be when it was the Same statue in a different color.
I kind of figured the regular would be about $150 lower simply due to the difference in the number produced. If they decide to go with a low ES on the regular (300 or less) then the close proximity in the price point does indeed make sense.

I honestly expected the regulars to have an ES of 700-800 before they posted the price of the regular Whisper. Now I'd say it'll probably be closer to 250-300, max.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:10 PM   #664
keewan
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzy View Post
Lol I'm out

Don't even care if the other ones are cheaper this line and possible company just lost me as a customer I was impressed with the sp girls and samurai and was looking to get a few of these girls but no way at this price point. Only thing I am interested from gg now is a few 12" SW figures but that will probably end soon what a shame they are doing this to their customers.
ditto.
keewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:34 PM   #665
stormshadow007
Death is hereditary.

Ah hell no. What a bummer. Really liked the detail on this statue. Ah well, I think I'll get Thor's sweet looking Mjolnir bookend instead...lol
stormshadow007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:35 PM   #666
cpluse2
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I'm not on anybody side. It's a choose like someone buying $300 to $600 shoes or purse. Or better yet my love Paintings.

Vincent van Gogh, some people cant see why his painting are so high and cost so much money. The rare number of his painting. And quality Some can afford & some can't. But most say they dont like the paint only because they cant afford it instead of looking past the cost. For example i drink Macallan 18 year scotch. $130- $200 a bottle. $45 a dram(small sip). Some think im crazy until they taste and see why i pay. With time it's value goes up, but sometime it does not. Ya there's going to be allot of hate mail on this one for a year. But at the same time there will be great releases from other companies too.
cpluse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:37 PM   #667
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Yah that's right lol (doubt it). Why not put up an ES # then a TBD of its going to be a low ES? I doubt that is their intention to make as little as possible. Look how well the SP turned out and it was $350 to $400 less per statue! Give me a break to justify how they are pricing these. One word...greed!
You obviously don't know GG very well then. They have a reputation of limiting runs and/or making popular items hard to obtain exclusives despite the fact that they could sell more of the product. Sometimes A LOT more. In the past they've done this to create hype and at times it has backfired.

TBD could very well equal a low ES due to the price point. I have a feeling they're trying to appeal to a niche market with this line. Maybe they've underestimated the popularity of these statues or maybe our perception is skewed because we represent the vocal minority and GG knows exactly what they're doing. Its hard to say at this point.

Bottom line is you can't apply the same logic to GG as you would to a company like Sideshow. They're a much smaller company which has proven they're perfectly content making product with smaller runs at higher prices.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:07 AM   #668
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Lol this is life size bust prices!

I think if they overpriced them at $400 - $450 there would have been a fuss kicked up but i still think they would have sold....but $670 lol where did that price come from!
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:28 AM   #669
Luminous
Cyclops

Any interest I had in this line is officially gone.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:29 AM   #670
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I wonder what the retailer price will be? 5% discount? 10%? 0%?

I have to think about this. Space is more an issue with me right now. I'd rather get a few pieces of higher quality. But there's still DC PF I want Sideshow to do. Decisions. Decisions.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote