Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-30-2020, 04:08 AM   #851
Cletus007
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Yeah mine’s the same, it’s only the downward torsion from the weight of the arm on the metal rod that seems to hold it in place. I wasn’t comfortable with it at first but was ok in the end. I most definitely wouldn’t try to move the piece at all without taking the arm out first, any movement and it would definitely fall out. Poor design vs the bent arm that’s for sure.

The Axe itself seems to be held quite well on mine though.
Then it pobably is a poor design issue on this part. And i agree on removing the arm when you want to move this piece.....if you want to move it at all, this heavy bloke
Cletus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 01:14 PM   #852
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I suggest removing the thruster & wings from the base and the arms and upper body before moving him around. Makes life a lot easier. Plus the rod in the wing could split the wing, base or both if moved improperly. Take the wing out and look at the rod and you'll see how thin and iffy it is.

Both my axe and hand are secure. Joel is correct about the torsion. I had issues with the long cable going into the base and seating correctly. Don't ask what I did to heat that thick baby up but it worked. Also my holo arm gives me issues. Off button is off but there is still a tiny bit of light showing as if it were on. The battery issue mentioned earlier this week makes this issue a pain in rear and that's my preferred display choice. Todd's working on a replacement arm.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 07:16 AM   #853
Cletus007
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
I suggest removing the thruster & wings from the base and the arms and upper body before moving him around. Makes life a lot easier. Plus the rod in the wing could split the wing, base or both if moved improperly. Take the wing out and look at the rod and you'll see how thin and iffy it is.

Both my axe and hand are secure. Joel is correct about the torsion. I had issues with the long cable going into the base and seating correctly. Don't ask what I did to heat that thick baby up but it worked. Also my holo arm gives me issues. Off button is off but there is still a tiny bit of light showing as if it were on. The battery issue mentioned earlier this week makes this issue a pain in rear and that's my preferred display choice. Todd's working on a replacement arm.
Hopefully he can resolve this for you!
Cletus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 09:09 PM   #854
Joel
The Herculoids

Considering finding mine a new home, but damn it’s a hard decision to move him on

Got 2 big main statues; Optimus and Hulkbuster. Too hard to have both these beasts with only one display spot for them but don’t want to part with either of them.

Anyone else got both? How do you display them??
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 10:34 PM   #855
King Grimlock
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Considering finding mine a new home, but damn it’s a hard decision to move him on

Got 2 big main statues; Optimus and Hulkbuster. Too hard to have both these beasts with only one display spot for them but don’t want to part with either of them.

Anyone else got both? How do you display them??
You cannot get rid of optimus, he's one of XMs best work. I understand your space issues but if it was me I'd get keep those 2 and find other pieces to say goodbye to.
I do have both Prime and Hulkbuster along with Ghostrider, Darkness and soon Starscream (october I think), Grimlock on pre order and Soundwave to follow. I also have the Xmen diorama coming hopefully by the summer. I'm in the process of making the first floor master bedroom into my polystone cave. Clear the entire room out and fit your bigger showcase pieces in place first and then add the smaller ones. Im trying to avoid shelving if possible or limit it to one wall. I'm having free standing pedestals built for a 360 viewing for up to 12 of my larger favorite pieces and then figure out how I'm going to display my smaller pieces away from them maybe with shelving. I hope you find a solution to keeping them both. Best of luck.
King Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 09:17 AM   #856
Joel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Grimlock View Post
You cannot get rid of optimus, he's one of XMs best work. I understand your space issues but if it was me I'd get keep those 2 and find other pieces to say goodbye to.
I do have both Prime and Hulkbuster along with Ghostrider, Darkness and soon Starscream (october I think), Grimlock on pre order and Soundwave to follow. I also have the Xmen diorama coming hopefully by the summer. I'm in the process of making the first floor master bedroom into my polystone cave. Clear the entire room out and fit your bigger showcase pieces in place first and then add the smaller ones. Im trying to avoid shelving if possible or limit it to one wall. I'm having free standing pedestals built for a 360 viewing for up to 12 of my larger favorite pieces and then figure out how I'm going to display my smaller pieces away from them maybe with shelving. I hope you find a solution to keeping them both. Best of luck.
You’re so right he’s really awesome. I love all the pieces I have struggle with the idea of parting with any of them!!!
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 01:41 PM   #857
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I’m with Grim. Optimus looks incredible. I’d find a way to keep him.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 05:57 PM   #858
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Keep him! My favorite Optimus piece hands down. It's a bit gloomy here today but this is what I use for these larger statues. You can see off to the side how I display my 1/3 Arkham Rogues. You can get this shelving at Lowes and Home Depot for less then $200. Surprisingly Comicbookguy gave me the idea years ago before he disappeared and I started posting here. Granted you have to keep up with dusting but this way is far cheaper than Moducase and the depth issues some of these pieces have with the Pax units.

Everything is rudimentary right now. I sawed a lot of metal for height and custom cut the particle board at Home Depot. There is a strong cross wire insert under the boards. No sagging or bending. The TF's are going to get moved to where I took the pictures so I can put more Batman stuff on that wall. Once I have everything I want, I'll add lighting and paint the shelving. Now that the economy is in the crapper we won't be moving anytime soon so I have to work with the room I'm given. Like Grim for reference I'm all in on the XM TF line so I have them all on PO. This shelving will be perfect for them.

eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 06:19 PM   #859
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Looks great! This Optimus is a keeper.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 07:56 PM   #860
FeistyMidget
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Ordered from Specfiction a week ago and this guy just got delivered today. Shipped from Singapore. Todd was really great to work with - couldn't recommend him enough.

This is easily the most expensive statue I've purchased (previously Thanos on Throne), but he's worth every penny. The design, paint, sculpting are all top notch.

Some crappy phone pics of Optimus in his temporary location until the Moducases I ordered come in hopefully by May/June.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02538.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	255.1 KB
ID:	129296   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02532.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	218.8 KB
ID:	129297   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02536.jpg
Views:	34