Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
I relayed all the ones through the Bowen marvel question above
Awesome! Thank you grphyx1!
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:18 PM   #42
grphyx1
Kingpin

As Chad is on a learning curve of figuring out the reply feature on the forum, he prepared these answers (posted below) to questions posed here. I (grphyx1) do not work for Tweeterhead. I just really love the products they are trying to produce for the fans and I know you all like interactions with producers from the companies so I sent them to him for his answers. He wants you to keep the questions coming, as he will answer on a weekly basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
- Given Exclusive offerings are reserved to ordering direct are there any plans on implementing a Reward Points system and/or a benefit/discount to paying for your pre-order in full vs paying the deposit?

- Concerning deposits/full payments on pre-orders... are these non-refundable?
We’ve been talking about a rewards program…and will roll something out in 2018. A lot of you guys are repeat customers so we need to do something to give back. Not sure if it would have anything to do with how quickly you pay…more about just giving something back for the purchases that can be used in the future. Wish I had more to say, but honestly we are just figuring it out. All deposit are refundable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbonez74 View Post
Is the Masters of the Universe line dead?

Thanks in advance for your time in answering the fans.
Yikes, I hate to say it, but the BUST line is dead. I had the highest hopes for them as I really thought we could hit every character. I didn’t think we would be able to sell a statue of Grizzlor for example, but a cool bust would work. Unfortunately, as the line progressed the sales got worse. Evil Lyn was the lowest seller of the bunch. Believe me, if it was possible we’d still be making them. It got to the point that the numbers were almost not producible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
Regarding the 66 Batman Line, is there any chance of a Green Hornet and Bruce lee Kato they did appear on the show from time to time as with Batgirl. Thank you for your time.
I would LOVE that, just not sure who holds the license or if there is one. Might be worth looking into after we complete the 66 line next year. Speaking of the 66 line…The Penguin will be making his debut before the end of the year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post
Can we expect many Batman characters from the new line?
YES! What line of DC characters would not include lots of Batman characters. I grew up on Batman comics and the Batman Family Comic was my favorite. We’re already at work on Batman, Robin, Batgirl and Catwoman in her Purple Dress and Green Cape (my personal favorite) and I think everyone has seen the Joker, Harley and Bud and Lou. For me the fun of this line is that we can make characters that are still modern and current but do an exclusive for the kids of the 70-90’s. I’ve always wanted to see a great batgirl sculpt with her purse attached to her utility belt. That will surely be our exclusive add on. For Wonder Woman, Our exclusive includes her WW Torso as well as the Eagle Torso (swap out parts) that many of us remember from her early appearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
A Van williams and Bruce Lee Green Hornet and Kati would be fantastic
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
Also I Applaud the direction of the new Super powers line and would love to see a classic Adam Strange in statue form. To me he appitimizes the timeless sify adventuring hero of the D.C. Universe.
THANKS, this line has been something I have wanted to so ever since I saw the Super Powers Style Guide. Kenner had a wealth of characters to choose from and for me, it was the best versions of most of these characters. Adam Strange is definitely on the SHORT list…right now, we are focusing on three “lines”. Justice League, Teen Titans and Legion Of Superheroes. I think between these three lines we can get a bunch of characters that fall into other categories. Just off the top of my head, I’m dying to make Silver Banshee, DeSaad, Samurai, Big Barda and Mr. Miracle and SOOO many others!! I actually have a cool idea for Granny Goodness and the Female Furies that I would personally love to own. I polled some folks at SDCC and GG didn’t go over very well, but who knows! Also, this is just off the top of my head…but we had been tossing around the idea of a collect and connect “Maquette” like the action figure lines have been doing. A way to get a larger character that might not be incredibly popular…like Giganta maybe!! A really big Giganta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
Any chance for a Wonder Twins & Gleek full size statue? Would love to see a Super Friends full line-up, but definitely wanting the Wonder Twins first! Are the Wonder Twins part of your DC Licence?
The Wonder Twins and Gleek are being sculpted by the master Jack Matthews and desperately as we tried to get them to SDCC it just wasn’t going to happen. I did share some sneak peeks at them at SDCC and the response was overwhelming. I had no idea people loved them as much as they do. The Maquettes are posed JUST about to touch rings and they are all about “you may think we’re a joke, but once we touch rings…you’re through” Gleek is also looking pretty badass these days! Can’t wait for you to see it!

They may seriously be one of my favorite piece that Tweeterhead has ever made. Look for them in Oct…The trick is how do we sell them, as a set? Would that be too costly? Would people want to buy them separately to save some $$. Should the exclusive be an ice cube tray and bird seed…all tough questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xforce View Post
Please start accepting paypal on your tweeter head site
I would love to, but at the moment we can only accept Paypal for the balance due on orders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xforce View Post
Have you ever thought of making a tweeterhead club for people who buy multiple statues.

I have bought 66 catwomen, batman and robin directly from your site and are interested in your new dc powers line and think incentives would help drive more traffic and purchases to your site.
We will be rolling out a rewards plan in 2018, not sure about a Tweeterhead club, although when I started this little business I had no idea that would ever even be a suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acolyte View Post
Hello there. How are you? My question is: Will there be more busts from the Masters of the Universe line in the future? Thanks in advance.
I’m sorry, but no!! Please check out the answer about to the same question. Believe me, I wish there were more busts. We had a pretty cool Octavia bust mid sculpt that would have been amazing. I hated having to cancel the line, because I honestly believe that if I have customers who have invested in 6 or 7 pieces…if I’ve promised to do more, and that has motivated you to keep going with the line, I really want to do that. I knew our Classic Batman line would be unique and wasn’t sure about the sales. Pieces like Batwoman and Batgirl were pretty low sellers…but It’s not going to stop me from making Classic Catwoman and Riddler because I told you guys they were on my roster. The cool thing about it on one hand is folks who bought the Classic Batgirl are going to have a statue that’s limited to less than 200 pieces. Kind of cool to think about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floreairfoot View Post
Will you please tell us what era the "Super Powers" line is drawing from, design wise? Is it the 70s, 80s, modern, or a mix of the most iconic designs?

Thanks!
Hmmm…not quite sure how to answer that. For me personally, I have memories of walking into a shoe store (as a kid, no one wanted to go buy new shoes) in my home town and I guess they had started carrying action figures because I turned the corner and the Super Powers Collection Wave three was all on the pegs. Firestorm, Cyborg etc. For me this era is really what I think are the perfect versions of these characters...most of them….When we get around to Mr. Freeze we’ll have to figure out what version to do. When I pitched this line, I basically said “I want to take one part Alex Ross (Brilliant game changer of an artist), one part Jose Garcia Lopez (Who designed our Supergirl, Wonder Woman, Donna Troy, Joker and Robot Brainiac Maquettes), one part Sideshow Collectibles (All Around A+ collectibles and super star team), one part Randy Bowen (amazing sculptor and company) and all of the SPC toys (best toy line ever imo), put them in a pot and see what comes out” Basically getting a definitive classic version of each character in their traditional costume but with a little extra “zing” to bring them up to the modern age. People have joked that I am “Mr. 60’s” because of all the classic TV properties we have covered. It’s nice to at least make it to the 90’s…HAHA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
First off we all really like that you're trying to be a big presence on the forum, that's great.

1. Could you make the international shipping information clear on the website?

2. I've heard the shipping from TH is pretty expensive for international customers (though only pre-ordering for the first time today I can't confirm). If that is the case, any plans to address that? international customers made up an incredibly large part of the Bowen Designs collectors, and I can imagine the same will be true for you. Providing best value for money on shipping internationally has to be a bit of a priority if you want to ensure that collector base can order the exclusives.

3. Any chance of hearing a bit more about you? We engage with the studio representatives quite a bit here, so would be nice to know who we're talking to.

4. Welcome! Great to have you aboard and you have no idea how long some of us have been waiting for these statues.
Thanks, my main goal when I started Tweeterhead was to connect with others like me and give them what they maybe couldn’t find elsewhere. I honestly started because at the time I was a huge fan of the Munsters and just couldn’t imagine why no one had made anything recently of that show. From there it just started steam rolling into the 66 show, the classic line etc. I’m pretty open about what we’re making and obviously want to know what you want.

1. 2. I’ll answer both shipping questions here. First, I will work with our IT guy to make the International shipping more clear for you guys. We have been searching for the best International shipping prices and it seems like DHL is it. Also, unlike the USPS they deliver within 4 days. We are always looking for better rates so if any of you have any advice please feel free to email me or Debbie at chad@tweeterhead.com and debbie@tweeterhead.com

3. Sure, My name is Chad Colebank and I live in San Francisco. I started Tweeterhead as a model kit company about 5 years ago (maybe 6 at this point…time flies). I spent most of my time in the corporate world, and after being laid off years ago, I decided to investigate what was going on in the collectible and model world. I had been out of touch as far as collecting goes, but did always pick up Previews to check what was out there. I was basically raised on Disney and DC Comics…and the Batman Family was and is my favorite group of characters…best rogues gallery ever! Once I decided to start this model kit biz, I called an old friend, David Fisher who run Amazing Figure Modeler and had been a friend for about 15 years on and off. He really helped me figure out who to work with and what to work on and we created a model of a pin-up witch called “Kimba, the Witch” She was much more popular that I could have imagined and everyone kept saying that I should sell her as a pre-paint. She was my first official pre-painted statue (Elvira coined the name Maquette, thought it sounded better than statue). At that point through a really weird series of events, I met Matt Black from Sideshow and he really helped me in so many ways!! I’m super fortunate because things just started to happen in a really cool way!! Fast forward to now…We’ve hit a few bumps in the road and definitely learned a few hard lessons about overpromising when some stuff has been out of our control…but the goal is just to keep you guys happy and interested no matter if you’re a customer or not. I certainly can’t buy everything I’d like to, but it would be cool to be able to see stuff that I want being produced based on my opinion. We need to be better about soliciting your feedback and character choices. Hopefully we will have a new much better website in 2018 and things like polls, Giveaways, and contests can all be possible.

4. You and me both! Bring on the Granny Goodness Maquette. HA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Is there a place on Tweeterhead.com to update shipping information for an order or log into an account? I can't seem to find one and recently moved and wanted to change my address. I sent Debbie an email last week asking about it but no response yet. Was curious if I am overlooking where on the site to log into my account.
Send me an email to chad@tweeterhead.com and we can look into your orders. After the storm that was SDCC, I brought Debbie up to SF for 4 days. Between the show and coming to visit, she was a little behind on her emails…but I think she is caught up now. I’ll check for you, but please email me also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Would Tweeterhead consider going after the Marvel 1:6 license to pick up where Bowen left off ?
That would be awesome! And never say never…but right now, we have our hands full with the licenses we have already announced a few that we will be talking about next year!!!
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:53 PM   #43
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
We’re already at work on Batman, Robin, Batgirl and Catwoman in her Purple Dress and Green Cape (my personal favorite)

Jose Garcia Lopez (Who designed our Donna Troy and Robot Brainiac Maquettes)
Thanks for sharing that! My big takeaways were the fact that all of these statues are actively in the pipeline. I'm in for most of those.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 05:13 PM   #44
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

The Batman Returns Catwoman statue is one of my favorite pieces in my collection. Is there any chance we'll see a 1/6 Keaton Batman or Penguin to display with her in the future? The Catwoman sculpt was perfection... I'm sure you'd do a fantastic job with those two.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 05:37 PM   #45
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Thanks for sharing that! My big takeaways were the fact that all of these statues are actively in the pipeline. I'm in for most of those.
No kidding, those answers got me excited! That idea about a collect and connect statue is pretty awesome too!
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 05:40 PM   #46
jsnchrry
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Any chance of getting the Universal Monsters franchise?

A 1/6th scale line of statues of based on classic horror would be awesome.
jsnchrry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 06:39 PM   #47
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Yes. I definitely loved that he threw those teasers in there too. I am definitely making room for some of these
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 07:01 PM   #48
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

There are no plans for 1/4 scale per Chad.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:32 PM   #49
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
YES! What line of DC characters would not include lots of Batman characters. I grew up on Batman comics and the Batman Family Comic was my favorite. We’re already at work on Batman, Robin, Batgirl and Catwoman in her Purple Dress and Green Cape (my personal favorite)

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 01:59 PM   #50
floreairfoot
Sinister Six

Quote:
Hmmm…not quite sure how to answer that. For me personally, I have memories of walking into a shoe store (as a kid, no one wanted to go buy new shoes) in my home town and I guess they had started carrying action figures because I turned the corner and the Super Powers Collection Wave three was all on the pegs. Firestorm, Cyborg etc. For me this era is really what I think are the perfect versions of these characters...most of them….When we get around to Mr. Freeze we’ll have to figure out what version to do. When I pitched this line, I basically said “I want to take one part Alex Ross (Brilliant game changer of an artist), one part Jose Garcia Lopez (Who designed our Supergirl, Wonder Woman, Donna Troy, Joker and Robot Brainiac Maquettes), one part Sideshow Collectibles (All Around A+ collectibles and super star team), one part Randy Bowen (amazing sculptor and company) and all of the SPC toys (best toy line ever imo), put them in a pot and see what comes out” Basically getting a definitive classic version of each character in their traditional costume but with a little extra “zing” to bring them up to the modern age. People have joked that I am “Mr. 60’s” because of all the classic TV properties we have covered. It’s nice to at least make it to the 90’s…HAHA!
That's a cool story, and it gives some insight into the line from your perspective. Thank you for sharing!!

You've also given me a reason to appreciate Catwoman in a dress/cape. I thought that was impossible...

90's Catwoman (the purple suit) was my first comic, so I hope you've got plans for variants!
floreairfoot is offline   Reply With Quote