Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 11-01-2013, 11:31 AM   #51
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Alright guys the Hall of Armor (Set of 7) package just came to my therapy office! They had to use heavy duty dolley to even get it in the building! My eyes bulged out of my head as soon as I saw the sheet size of this!
Let me first tell you guys this package is one of, if not the biggest box I've received from sideshow, and defiantly the heaviest weighing in at almost 55 lbs!
I'm still at work but managed to take some quick pictures as I was loading it in my jeep! Had to have of my other therapy workers help lift it in jeep because my little scrawny arms couldn't lift it by myself! It actually just fit it my jeep, so if you can make sure this is delivered to your houses!!

Pictures here soon!!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:36 AM   #52
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Alright guys the Hall of Armor (Set of 7) package just came to my therapy office! They had to use heavy duty dolley to even get it in the building! My eyes bulged out of my head as soon as I saw the sheet size of this!
Let me first tell you guys this package is one of, if not the biggest box I've received from sideshow, and defiantly the heaviest weighing in at almost 55 lbs!
I'm still at work but managed to take some quick pictures as I was loading it in my jeep! Had to have of my other therapy workers help lift it in jeep because my little scrawny arms couldn't lift it by myself! It actually just fit it my jeep, so if you can make sure this is delivered to your houses!!

Pictures here soon!!

Sarah
Here is one if the pictures, I will open and check them out when I get home and upload some more pictures!

Sarah
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	81183  
Old 11-01-2013, 01:36 PM   #53
chad mcneely
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

your a weekday ahead of me. Monday and I have seen pics of it being a Beast! Fun thing..there is 1 empty box in there that says empty And if the guy on you tube is right there should be a care kit in there with brushes scissors and other fun things.
Good luck getting it out of the jeep and into the house. Mine is coming up from the road to this house..not a heavy incline..but I don't looks forward to it
chad mcneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:24 PM   #54
chad mcneely

If you could, Sarah, let me know what type of batteries go in the walls. I think it will be AA due to the unit needing 6 of them and only 3 AAA but I like confirmation so I know what to pick up. Enjoy the unboxing and assembling!
Old 11-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #55
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Chad I set just one of them up, they are really cool! It would take long time to set all 7 of them up! The lights are really cool too, takes 9 batteries, 3 AAA bateries, and 6 AA bateries! Hope you enjoy yours !

Sarah
Old 11-02-2013, 05:47 PM   #56
chad mcneely

:)

Yes it will be a good bit of setting up once I get mine in. I knew how many batteries they took. was just wondering which type the walls take. I figure 3 AA in each wall. Trying to hunt down an adapter of the right voltage to power the rest f the units.
Good luck withe setting up the rest of yours
Old 11-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #57
chad mcneely

Pictures to come of this soon but for now I say only wow
Old 11-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #58
ichiro51
Justice League
Adamantium Member

Here's my setup

Here's my set up.
The set of 7 fit almost perfectly onto of my Bestas.
Decided to go without the hologram and the acrylic cover. The hologram only looks good if the blue light is always on, and really only looks good from certain angles. At all other times, it only obscures the model. I was going to put the acrylic up, but the panels are not that clear, and they don't stretch from edge to edge, so it looks a little sloppy in my opinion. I may change my mind if dust becomes a problem.

ichiro51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #59
chad mcneely

ah...toys the way they should be the plexi looks pretty good here when the thin plastic on both side peels off. still unsure if I will kep them in though. gotta wait for an adapter for the lot. sigh
beautiful set up sir !
Old 11-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #60
ichiro51
Justice League
Adamantium Member

You are right Chad. I didn't remove both plastic films. When I did, the acrylic looks very clear.

I added them to the display (but not the holograms). They don't look as good in pics, because they reflect light, but in person they look better with the glass, I think.

ichiro51 is offline   Reply With Quote