Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 11-02-2015, 05:05 PM   #111
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I like it
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 05:30 PM   #112
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

yeah, I don't think its terrible. the poster put in some additional color on why he was disappointed with it. for the price, the wait, and the last minute changes I could see why he would be upset.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 08:31 PM   #113
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

It's okay. Jae Lee is honestly really hit and miss for me. I think the biggest rub is the complete change in composition in the image which I think would which have upset me also considering the $$ involved.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 11:25 PM   #114
Xtreme2280
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Loving Jamie Biggs stuff. How does one get ahold of him?
Xtreme2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 11:30 PM   #115
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme2280 View Post
Loving Jamie Biggs stuff. How does one get ahold of him?
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 12:08 AM   #116
Xtreme2280
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I missed something there
Xtreme2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 02:52 AM   #117
Punisher1919
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme2280 View Post
I missed something there
http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...ht=Jamie+Biggs

I can attest to this. My experience was a terrible one with Jamie....not worth the headache IMO.
Punisher1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 12:11 AM   #118
Wah
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher1919 View Post
Yeah, but I guess that statements a little misleading. There have been 2 other commissions completed in that period of time, its just that the original request hasn't been done. Now...Why would I commission multiple pieces without having one completed first? A little white lie told to me by the rep caused this, and when checking on the progress of the pieces, aforementioned rep ridiculed me for commissioning 3 pieces. *NOTE - THIS WAS NOT DOUG PETERS* I'll leave out who this was, but you can probably guess.

In fairness to Clay, the communication has been really good lately and the option of a refund has been mentioned, so there are currently no issues there (I don't want the refund, I want the ART!) With Clay, there has never (and likely will never) be a question with quality on the commissioned pieces...they just might take a while.
i've always wanted a commission from clay, would you happen to have contact info for him?
Wah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 12:25 AM   #119
Wah
Shadowhawk

well, all this stuff about jae is making me really nervous. i actually contacted jae by his email i got from his website about a month or so ago. asked him about his commission rates and if he was taking commissions. he wrote me promptly back and said he was and gave me his rates. i told him i was interested in his full figure rate (11x17) which was priced at $1000. told him what his payment requirements were, he said he required payment upfront in full. i honestly with most of my commission requests prefer to mainly do payment after completed or at least only half up front and the rest when completed. so anyways i told him that i would have to think about it because of that very reason of not being comfortable paying that much up front. i told him i would get back to him when i was ready. a week had passed and he emailed me back telling me he would reconsider and do half up front and then half later so essentially $500 down. to be honest, i would of done that easily before i read these comments about jae on this thread, but now afterwards, i'm really really reluctant to even do that. i dunno.seeing that he stil owes so many people pieces, does make me feel really uneasy about why he would take on another request from me, especially since he is so far behind. what do you guys think? yay or nay?
Wah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 12:55 AM   #120
Behold Gravitas
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Personally, if his style resonated with me (and it does not) I would still say nay. I'm not in the mindset to give out interest free loans that could turn into gifts...

This board has been great for letting collectors know of many other artists out there that deserve our commission money. I'd go that route. Might even find someone with a similar style.
Behold Gravitas is offline   Reply With Quote