Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 11-16-2013, 01:57 AM   #2621
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock78 View Post
Hello, I have a Marvel Fine Art Magneto Statue. The statue has two heads that are interchangable. One head has a helmet and the other does not. The helmted head broke during a cleanig of the statue. I am hoping that I may be able to purchase a new helmeted head of Magneto thank you.
We currently do not sell replacement parts for our statues. If we have an extra part on hand I will send it out at no charge but for Magneto we have exhausted our replacement inventory.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:59 AM   #2622
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_marvel View Post
Gonk-

Not sure if this has been asked before. With Ghostbusters Lucy in the Bishoujo line will we ever get a regular line of Ghostbusters in the 1/10 scale or 1/7 scale?
Thanks-
No plans at this time to offer a movie line of Ghostbuster statues.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:00 AM   #2623
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawaMarinara View Post
Any updates about the Star Wars non-trooper 2-pack ArtFX+ sets? I noticed there were none on display at NYCC.
Most likely you'll get your first look at these during NYTF in February.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:15 AM   #2624
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Hey Gonk

A few days ago Kotobukiya's Facebook account asked what other Star Wars characters fans would like to see in the Bishoujo line. The responses were pretty typical (Slave Leia, Darth Talon, Padme, etc), but what I liked was that Koto looked like they were gauging interest from fans directly. Is there a chance future Koto Bishoujo's can be determined by a fan poll, or maybe Koto could put up a small list of names for fans to cherry pick and determine what order the next releases would come in?

Personally, I would hate to see Slave Leia released before a lot of other characters (just cuz we've seen that character released so many times in other lines over the years) and being able to cast a vote instead of letting Koto determine interest off of forum chat would be fantastic.

Thanks
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:17 AM   #2625
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Will we ever see more in the normal ArtFX (1/7) Star Wars line?
Right now our development team is focused on the Star Wars ARTFX+ line due to overwhelming retailer and collector support but ARTFX is still a viable option for future product development.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:23 AM   #2626
llama
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk View Post
We have a whole lot more in store for Tekken to celebrate its upcoming 20th Anniversary!
I hope that doesn't mean that there won't be Tekken bishoujo but other Tekken products instead. I would welcome any Tekken products but since I have collected the entire Tekken Bishoujo line so far, I really want it to continue.
llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:06 PM   #2627
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

HEY GONK...JUST ONE QUESTION: Will we be getting a She Hulk Bishoujo anytime soon? Thanks
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:18 PM   #2628
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Right now our development team is focused on the Star Wars ARTFX+ line due to overwhelming retailer and collector support but ARTFX is still a viable option for future product development.
Well that sucks. Everywhere i look i see people who won't buy the ArtFX+ line because of the small size but are crying out for more 1/6 stuff, especially after how well the done the last statues in the line were done.

Oh well, thanks for the reply.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:37 AM   #2629
JawaMarinara
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Most likely you'll get your first look at these during NYTF in February.
Fantastic news! I can't wait to see them!
JawaMarinara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:07 AM   #2630
dmist24
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Hi Kotobukiya,

I want to share something.

Finally able to get my hands on an old released batgirl bishoujo blue version here in my place in the Philippines. But even though it's MSIB, the gold paint bleeded - as if it was melting, other colors (blue cape,grey outfit) looks fine even if it was stored for almost 3years since release in a shelf.

This is what it looks like inside the box with the issue.

I experience the same issue when the 1st seller tried also to sell his MSIB batgirl bishoujo blue - but he immediately notify me about the situation - so I backed off.

Thinking the 1st seller was an isolated issue I tried to by it on another seller - but this time only a friend of mine bought it for me, so he was not able to inspect it and I did not expect it to have the same issue.

So I tried to wipe the bleeded gold color off and so far lost an ample amout of gold paint - but still the figure looks good. Some owners on this forum did confirm that over time the paint on their batgirl bishoujo blue version is feeling sticky and they had to wash it off - but the color faded. So all of them have the same problem.

This is what it looks like after I cleaned it up. As if nothing happened.

As of now - mine is okay but the stickyness of the gold paint is existent and still the gold color comes off - it never drys out.

I dont want to wash it off as it might fade more and the gold will scatter all over the rest of the statue. I'm more afraid now of dust sticking to the already sticky gold color.

I believe a poor gold color was applied to this statue as others reported that all other of their bishoujos that has gold color does not have this issue.

I really hope you improve on your statues quality esp. on the paint. I hope this is just the case for batgirl bishoujo blue which is already a discountinued figure.

Any idea how to remedy this one? or else I have no choice but have to live with it.

thanks!
Dexter
dmist24 is offline   Reply With Quote