Old 02-02-2019, 01:59 PM   #441
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I've not seen Justice League

I don't believe for one minute Captain Marvel will become "best movie ever"

I'm sure movie will have "beautiful and stunning" moments - probably the CGI moments when Captain Marvel takes to the skies.
Yep. Visually stunning moments don’t make for a good movie. Aquaman and Avatar both werevisually beautiful but I nearly walked out of both due to the sacrifice of substance for the sake of flash.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 02:44 AM   #442
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Rotten Tomatoes “users want to see” score on Capt M gets down to 27% before RT interferes and removes the “not interested” option.

This kind of interference is RT schilling for Disney. No Russian bots here, just RT playing favorites. I wonder what kind of excuse RT is going to give for their interference.

UPDATE: RT posted their excuse. They stated as of Feb 25 that the “want to see” percentage will no longer be shown because users may get it confused with the user rating percentage. What convenient timing that Capt M is getting meme’ed to death due to Larson’s SJW comments. Strange how there was never any confusion as to what the “want to see” percentage means except for the schill sites falsely reporting the percentage as fake negative user reviews.

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com...-some-changes/
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 05:37 AM   #443
built2shred
Phoenix

It is a bit funny that some nerds egos are so fragile they can't take a little trash talking by a girl... Although it's probably best not to piss off your base audience..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 06:03 AM   #444
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriggan View Post
I don't know a lot about Captain Marvel/ Carol Danver, how powerful is she suppose to be in the comic since she seems very powerful in the movie/ trailer.
Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers) was one of my favorite part-time Avengers back in the late 70's/ early 80's. One thing that sort of puzzled me was that her powers while based on the original Kree Captain Mar-Vell, she was quite a bit stronger (as she was usually stated to be in the 50 ton range compared to his maximum of 15).

I believe the movie is going with a different origin to the character and her powers, yet it is referencing her power-levels and appearance (cosmic flames) when she went by the name Binary. As Binary she was physically even stronger (over 100 tons) and was cosmicly-powered able to generate energies on a level similar to someone like the Silver Surfer.

I remain cautiously optimistic for the film.

Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 06:50 AM   #445
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

It will be good and do very well.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:45 AM   #446
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I went from pretty excited to "I won't see this".
The more I see the trailers the more I can't unsee all the SJW thing around this movie. And the interview by Brie Larson doesn't help at all...

Movie should be fun, entertaining and well writted before being political.
And yes it's possible to show strong women in movies without being "full feminist mode" (Alien, Terminator and recently...Wonder Woman)
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:33 PM   #447
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
It is a bit funny that some nerds egos are so fragile they can't take a little trash talking by a girl... Although it's probably best not to piss off your base audience..
What does this have to do with "nerd egos"? This has to do with leftist Hollywood pushing identity politics over making good movies. Brie Larson is such a joke as on her interviews she's been promoting gofundme/kickstarter campaigns to buy Capt M tickets for girls which profits her and Disney. If she really cares about feminism, she should have promoted charities that support girls and STEM as there are far too many women in STEM careers. You can't be an Air Force pilot like Carol Danvers with a liberal arts degree.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:45 PM   #448
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Maybe I’ll check this out in April ...
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 02:21 PM   #449
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

I honestly have no interest in seeing this movie
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 04:13 PM   #450
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
You can't be an Air Force pilot like Carol Danvers with a liberal arts degree.
Sure you can.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote