Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-18-2019, 10:25 PM   #331
WEIRDO 1 SHINOB
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
There should really be a middle ground here. Maybe a rebate off your next XM piece if you decide to keep it if broken? This is assuming that they can authenticate a broken statue without it being completely destroyed.
Man Mepaphoros, I was thinking the same thing. It might have persuaded me in ordering another piece, but I doubt they would do it as they are trying to save as much as possible on the financial side of things. I believe that they are hoping collectors will opt to keep the broken statues and would not have to pay out as much for the refunds. I really wonder how difficult, in terms of finance, it would be to just to replace the part that is defective?

All of the statues have not been delivered and it will be interesting to see the total number of collectors effected. XM did have to make a decision and comment on it, but I believe they should have made more options available or waited a bit more. Who knows?
WEIRDO 1 SHINOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 11:05 PM   #332
aa909
The Green Hornet

So if you destroy it you get a refund for the statue. That’s fine if you’re in the Licensed Regions, But if that doesn’t include $350-$400 for shipping to North America plus PayPal fees, then I personally would keep it and pay to have it repaired. That’s cheaper than being out $400 and having nothing to show for it
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 11:33 PM   #333
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
They do because I had issues with Black Panther head they sent me just the head . Where did that come from ? Not another statue it’s extras. Same with Batman’s samurai base I got just the base. These are way more limited you’re right they cant replace all of them but they are not lies. I don’t recall seeing over 20’of these broken on various groups and Facebook. Honestly it doesn’t matter. You need to make a choice then . I can I say I still buy XMs will continue too
This is from their website

Quote:
Originally Posted by XM Studios
NOTE:
XM Studios produces only a strict limited quantity of products to deter unauthorised recast of our products. This is to protect our customers' investments. As such, please understand replacement parts or exchanges can take anywhere from 2 to 4 months to complete as our replacements are mostly re-created from scratch from the workshops. We ask for your patience but be assured that we will definitely take care of you!
Just on this forum and freaks I've seen at least 6 or 7 posts so far... and that doesn't include Facebook groups or people who don't post on any of them..

Another Option XM could of done was offered a partial refund for those who wanted to keep and repair their statue....a $200 refund would of been nice... after all they're losing around $900 if the person decides for the full refund... but like someone else mentioned I think XM is hoping most will just keep the statue vs losing their $300+ shipping fees....

Old School XM wouldn't of been content with anyone having a broken statue of theirs...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 01:02 AM   #334
risingstar
Jedi Order

Darth Maul statue review!

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=165766
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 01:17 AM   #335
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

They should replace all the broken ones instead of just issuing refunds. Can imagine collectors that waited a year and a half for this only to have it arrive broken, then being told there are no replacement pieces just because the ES is low. What a ----ty experience to go through.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 03:05 AM   #336
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

This is a shame. I think XM should offer some sort of compensation for those that don’t want to destroy their statue and instead choose to repair it. Not a fan of the take it or leave it attitude when collectors have been waiting this long and likely had money tied up for years in anticipation.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 03:36 AM   #337
StatueArt
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
So if you destroy it you get a refund for the statue. That’s fine if you’re in the Licensed Regions, But if that doesn’t include $350-$400 for shipping to North America plus PayPal fees, then I personally would keep it and pay to have it repaired. That’s cheaper than being out $400 and having nothing to show for it
My distributor have a refund option of $200 option. so its another option at least.
StatueArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 11:47 AM   #338
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueArt View Post
My distributor have a refund option of $200 option. so its another option at least.
Depending on how bad the break is, taking the $200 and having it repaired is a good option. Good luck, hope it works out for everyone!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 12:50 PM   #339
built2shred
Phoenix

It's a smart business move on XM's part as they know people are not going to eat that $300 shipping charge, so XM gets to keep the money for the statue and not have to repair anything.... win win for them..

Except their reputation will defiantly take a hit from this, at least in the Grey market...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 01:35 PM   #340
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I don’t think it will. Most of their pieces are still sought after . For all the statues they have made very few have had issue like this . I’ve got many on PO I’m not only one .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote