Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-26-2017, 11:59 PM   #21
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Disney is going to open Pandora — The World of Avatar at their Animal Kingdom Park on May 27th. So Disney does have a direct finanical interest in Avatar sequels to bring interest back.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:04 PM   #22
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Damn. In December I would watch it with my brother when I'd go back to Michigan for Christmas.

Me, I give zero Fs about Avatar. Overhyped Fergully.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:20 PM   #23
built2shred
Phoenix

I have to agree, Disney should keep the December release date for all their Star Wars stuff, it becomes tradition.... As for Avatar, sure it was a cool movie but nowhere near what some people try to hype it up to be. If anything I wish the Director good luck on the sequels to Avatar as the hype meter is through the roof.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:36 PM   #24
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

episode 7 and 8 both started with May release dates then they were bumped to December, im assuming that is whats happening here as well
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 09:39 PM   #25
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Trevorrow is out. Another of the victim of the Lucasfilm machine? Or another wannabe auteur director who couldn't hack it?

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/st.../1100-6453129/
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 09:57 PM   #26
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Good riddance. Just like Lord & Miller this guy was in over his head. Lucasfilm thankfully realized it before it was too late and course corrected.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 12:07 PM   #27
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Good riddance. Just like Lord & Miller this guy was in over his head. Lucasfilm thankfully realized it before it was too late and course corrected.
You're kidding right? Trevorrow was coming off helming Jurassic World for Universal, which went on to earn an $1.6 billion at the worldwide box office.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 12:32 PM   #28
Luminous
Cyclops

While I enjoyed Jurassic World I don't think Treverrow had proven himself enough to earn this job. Even Lord & Miller were better candidates for a Star Wars film (specifcially if they were aiming for a different take in tone with the Solo film) than Trev was. Just my opinion anyway.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 01:13 PM   #29
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky Panky View Post
You're kidding right? Trevorrow was coming off helming Jurassic World for Universal, which went on to earn an $1.6 billion at the worldwide box office.
No, completely serious. Box office success doesn't automatically make him a good choice and even if Episode IX sucks it'll make billions just like Jurassic World did because it has a built in audience as an established franchise. I'd rather see them hire a more accomplished film maker with a proven track record of makeing quality films, not just successful films.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 01:47 PM   #30
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I'm now beginning to see that what Lucasfilm/Disney initially wants by hiring their directors is the name recognition these young "hot" directors bring to films, and the perception that they are bringing their "vision" to SW. Ultimately though what the studio really wants is for them to be easily controlled on-set, and to deliver the "product" as expected. Star Wars has always been a "packaged" product realized by a single visionary. First it was Lucas, and now it's LF/Disney. SW has never been about anyone else's vision other than those two entities, and it definitely won't be now. I don't say this as a negative. I love SW, but I also know that while many individuals have contributed to it over the years making it what it is, it's not something that is just open to individual interpretation. We see what the people behind the curtain want us to see, end of story.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote