Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-11-2019, 09:45 PM   #91
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Honestly when I see original screenshots of the film that this piece is supposedly based off of, I barely even recognise who the actor is. I guess I’m just too used to how the actor has looked the past two decades, rather than how he looked 3-4 decades ago.

The above action figure for example is how I see him when I think of Bruce Campbell, but that’s a far more contemporary shot of him. The only reason I recognise the old screenshot is because of all the blood.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 12:29 AM   #92
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Is it too late to get a possessed portrait and no mixed media (basically doll clothing)?
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 04:31 AM   #93
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
no mixed media (basically doll clothing)?
I'll take realism over fully sculpted any day.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 02:28 PM   #94
zadmax
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Is it too late to get a possessed portrait and no mixed media (basically doll clothing)?
Pretty sure they posted on FB that they are working on a possessed portrait after hearing all the feedback. Think they also said they were going to be tweaking the other portraits some more. I'll have to see if I can find it..

Here it is (I just copied the text, not sure how to copy a portion of the page from FB):

"Carl Svärd-Molin Guys, we wanna share some info with you:
Mr. J is working on a possessed head, it hasn't been approved yet by the license holder, of course, so we're not promising anything for the moment, but it is in the works! Will share more info when it's available.
The current heads are also getting some tweeks as we speak. Spread the news if you think your friends are interested. ��"

So, there's that to possibly look forward to.

Last edited by zadmax; 04-12-2019 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Include more info
zadmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 06:51 PM   #95
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadmax View Post
Pretty sure they posted on FB that they are working on a possessed portrait after hearing all the feedback. Think they also said they were going to be tweaking the other portraits some more. I'll have to see if I can find it..

Here it is (I just copied the text, not sure how to copy a portion of the page from FB):

"Carl Svärd-Molin Guys, we wanna share some info with you:
Mr. J is working on a possessed head, it hasn't been approved yet by the license holder, of course, so we're not promising anything for the moment, but it is in the works! Will share more info when it's available.
The current heads are also getting some tweeks as we speak. Spread the news if you think your friends are interested. ��"

So, there's that to possibly look forward to.
Groovy
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 09:28 AM   #96
Maldis
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

If they add a possessed portrait I am definitely in for this piece.
Maldis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 09:59 AM   #97
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I don't get the need for the possessed portrait, it makes no sense in the scene, him having the shotgun and chain saw etc....if they included regular hands ( and the necklace ) then the possessed portrait would make a little more sense.....but i don't know why people would display it as is with that portrait.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 03:32 PM   #98
Maldis
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I don't get the need for the possessed portrait, it makes no sense in the scene, him having the shotgun and chain saw etc....if they included regular hands ( and the necklace ) then the possessed portrait would make a little more sense.....but i don't know why people would display it as is with that portrait.
Mostly nostalgia
Maldis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 09:41 PM   #99
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Probably because it will look better than the other portraits... Hopefully the reworks will look better but in their current state, not too good imo...
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 10:41 AM   #100
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

From Prime 1's FB:

Quote:
We have heard all your feedback and are thrilled to announce that we will include an additional “Possessed Ash” Portrait for the MMED2-01EX: Ash Williams Exclusive version.

Orders that included the additional “Possessed Ash” Portrait:
- For those that have/will placed their orders for the Exclusive version with their local distributor/ retailer before June 2nd, 2019.
- For those that placed their orders directly on Prime 1 Online Store for the exclusive version.

After the due date, it will still be available on Prime 1 Online Store until stocks are exhausted.

Thank you, as always, your continuous support!
**3D renders color mock up for your reference.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote