Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-15-2019, 05:31 PM   #11
Sonic Boom
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I'm sure things will work out with shipping, but if not I would just get TDK3 Superman and a 1/3 WW. Then switch to 1/5 or 1/6 lol.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 05:35 PM   #12
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

General Zod is currently the only statue up that I want and it’s not shipping for well over a year so definitely waiting.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:39 PM   #13
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Only statues I’m still looking to get are Batman who Laughs and Ash. I’ve got plenty of time to see how this US warehouse turns out
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:38 PM   #14
Biggunz
Loki

I’m waiting
I was about to bite the bullet in one item and right before check pulled out. The fees were getting a little intense
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:48 PM   #15
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Why hasn't Sideshow made any announcement? I see myself buying less and less in my future, but Prime 1 set a standard that I know SS will never touch. I don't care about these grudges, or whoever started it. I'll wait it out, but have my eye on the P1 website more now.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:52 PM   #16
Biggunz
Loki

Maybe one more month I’m thinking but we’re getting closer.
Prime 1 has heard our cries......
I HOPE
Old 04-16-2019, 06:05 AM   #17
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post
One thing I've learned from this bobby a good amount of people will always back out of buying something that has a decent price tag on it, making it easy to scoop up at a later date either directly from the manufacturer or once in hand of regretful buyers.

The resale in this hobby is beyond astonishing.

To the original question, there are two must have DC pieces next year, but I will not order until they has a US solution. I'm in disbelief they've let this linger this long without one.
Also new stuff gets announced every week so priorities change.
BurningRage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 12:11 PM   #18
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Let me give my experience. I used to get a ton of Sideshow pieces, but then Prime 1 changed the game. I stopped preordering Sideshow and started ordering Prime 1. My first piece was fantastic, so I jumped all in. Since then, I have received 5 Prime 1 pieces with issues, 3 of which are still not resolved (waiting on a replacement Venom piece, Prime 1 has went dark on my 1/2 WW for 8 months, and I am still waiting on a refund from Sideshow for my Catwoman). I have only ever encountered one company with service this bad, and it was ARH. That being said, ARH never ghosted me, they just gave responses I didn't like.

You might wonder what the point of this post is and how it relates. Basically Prime 1 weaned me off of Sideshow and now this issue with Prime 1's distribution is the nail in the coffin for me to forget about them. Now, I feel like my addition to these statues is gone as my immediate response to my broken Catwoman was a refund with no intention to reorder. Ultimately, I can thank Prime one for helping to cure me of this statue addiction. Now, what to use all my points on to finish this off....
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 12:19 PM   #19
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
Let me give my experience. I used to get a ton of Sideshow pieces, but then Prime 1 changed the game. I stopped preordering Sideshow and started ordering Prime 1. My first piece was fantastic, so I jumped all in. Since then, I have received 5 Prime 1 pieces with issues, 3 of which are still not resolved (waiting on a replacement Venom piece, Prime 1 has went dark on my 1/2 WW for 8 months, and I am still waiting on a refund from Sideshow for my Catwoman). I have only ever encountered one company with service this bad, and it was ARH. That being said, ARH never ghosted me, they just gave responses I didn't like.

You might wonder what the point of this post is and how it relates. Basically Prime 1 weaned me off of Sideshow and now this issue with Prime 1's distribution is the nail in the coffin for me to forget about them. Now, I feel like my addition to these statues is gone as my immediate response to my broken Catwoman was a refund with no intention to reorder. Ultimately, I can thank Prime one for helping to cure me of this statue addiction. Now, what to use all my points on to finish this off....
Do you think sideshow is really reaching out to them the way they should. I'm with you on the venom boat. Still waiting, but part of me is maybe sideshow is trying to give prime 1 a bad wrap. Maybe trying to make them look a little worse by not really following through with getting replacement parts and saying they are.

Because on prime 1s end replacement parts should be super easy to get.
Old 04-16-2019, 12:35 PM   #20
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
Do you think sideshow is really reaching out to them the way they should. I'm with you on the venom boat. Still waiting, but part of me is maybe sideshow is trying to give prime 1 a bad wrap. Maybe trying to make them look a little worse by not really following through with getting replacement parts and saying they are.

Because on prime 1s end replacement parts should be super easy to get.
Maybe, but it seems like people who have ordered directly from Prime 1 are having issues with replacements judging from various posts on Facebook. I'm actually starting to think that Prime 1's bad, or lack of, responses to customer issues is part of the driving factor behind the current situation.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote