Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics > The Mighty Reviews

Old 09-25-2006, 08:06 AM   #51
thecallahan
THE HUGGERNAUT!!!

Man, good week for comics I thought. That gunk if I recall correctly was the essence or what was left of Cassandra Nova after they "killed" her, right?

As for the whole Morrison thing, of course Whedon is going to use some of his stuff, it's called continuity, something WKTF talked about. See, Morrison ignored it for the most part while others after him didn't . Now, the thing I felt about Morrisons run in X-Men was that conceptually (sp?) he had good idea's, he just didn't implement them that well.

For Civil War though, I'm glad it's coming out, it's one of the first cross-overs Marvels put out in a decade or so that I'm actually enjoying and feel it will leave lasting impressions on the universe. I'm not going to add to the speculation for the most part since what's been written is what I've though of too. Anyone know though if CW is coming out monthly now or is it bi-monthly?
thecallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:00 AM   #52
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

thecallahan, thanks for succinctly summing up what are my thoughts on Morrison vs. Whedon and Civil War as well.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:46 PM   #53
hungrydaddy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I enjoyed Morrison's run on xmen but I think Whedon has taken some of those concepts and made them into strong stories. Morrison introduced a blitz of different possible stories but they did not all seem very well fleshed out. Now other guys can come in and use them to make something better, which in my opinion Whedon is doing.

As for Civil War #4, it was amazing, I don't know if more could have happened in one issue. The thor clone works, and it is eerie to me that Tony had held on to his hair since their first meeting. Makes you wonder who else they might clone, if Tony had Thor's hair why would he not save Cap's or many others. Even Spidey has talked about wondering what all is in his new uniform given to him by Tony.

I thought that at the end of the issue all you could think about was Sue, and I think it is something that has been building for years, but she overlooked it because she respected him, but when she lost that respect she had to leave and make sure he understood why. Reed needs big things to get his attention. But I think Cap's side just got one of the most powerful people in the Marvel U and just made this interesting.

As for the masked man, Punisher doesn't have blue eyes if I remember right does he?
hungrydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 01:30 PM   #54
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I think we saw a Cap clone bubbling in a vat toward the end of CW #4, hd. In fact, the reason Reed turned to the villains at the end was that the other clones weren't "ready." Hmmmmmmmmm....
Old 09-26-2006, 02:07 PM   #55
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I think we saw a Cap clone bubbling in a vat toward the end of CW #4, hd. In fact, the reason Reed turned to the villains at the end was that the other clones weren't "ready." Hmmmmmmmmm....
Soooo...after the Civil War, are we headed next for the Clone Wars? Seems I've heard that before...
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 02:13 PM   #56
Aarrgghh!!
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Great reviews, looking forward to Pride. So, who goes to jail for the death? The cloned Thor? I wouldn't think so, he's basically a robot? Was it justifiable? I don't think so, no one was in mortal danger from who was killed. I think Reed needs to be brought to justice, he was "at the control", developed the weapon and was irresponsible for it's use. The Watcher better step in with a mop and clean some of this mess up.
Aarrgghh!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 02:16 PM   #57
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post
Soooo...after the Civil War, are we headed next for the Clone Wars? Seems I've heard that before...
I think making this a massive clone effort just sullies the potential of this title.

Yeah it could be cool, but I'd hate to see more clones running around.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 05:59 PM   #58
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarrgghh!! View Post
Great reviews, looking forward to Pride. So, who goes to jail for the death? The cloned Thor? I wouldn't think so, he's basically a robot? Was it justifiable? I don't think so, no one was in mortal danger from who was killed. I think Reed needs to be brought to justice, he was "at the control", developed the weapon and was irresponsible for it's use. The Watcher better step in with a mop and clean some of this mess up.
I was thinking the EXACT same thing just yesterday. Either Reed or Iron Man should be brought up on manslaughter (minimum) or murder 2 charges for this.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:46 AM   #59
Aarrgghh!!
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
I was thinking the EXACT same thing just yesterday. Either Reed or Iron Man should be brought up on manslaughter (minimum) or murder 2 charges for this.
Bingo! I think Reed better be the one leaving the country to Canada and not the Thing. It'll be the Fantastic Two if this plays out the way it should. Think leaves because he's had it (which I think is out of character) and Reed's in the pokey or on the run...unless someone's controling him or he's a clone. Maybe get involuntary manslaughter at best.
Aarrgghh!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 10:58 AM   #60
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
do you really think marvel will do that? I'd give this series more credibility if that happened.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote