Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 02-17-2011, 02:58 PM   #501
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepindeath View Post
Anyone know when and who the first batch of DLC?
Jill and Suma are either free with the Collectors Edition or you will be able to purchase them for $5 when released.

They are hacking the game disk and so far they said frank and doc oc are on the names in the disc.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:51 PM   #502
Zangief
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Glad that this game is more casual than street fighter. I don't think I can handle all the characters and learning each aspect of the game, when to swap out etc, etc. I like my button mashing strategy in this game!
Zangief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:12 PM   #503
BobAgentOfHYDRA
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepindeath View Post
Anyone know when and who the first batch of DLC?
First batch is a costume pack dropping March 1st IIRC. It's $5 for the extra costumes for the following six characters:

Captain America - Steve Rogers
Iron Man - Iron Patriot
Thor - Classic Costume
Ryu - Street Fighter 1 Costume
Dante - Sparda Human Form
Chris - S.T.A.R.S. Outfit from RE1

Jill and Shuma Gorath drop on March 15th. I'm hearing from different places that the characters will be $5 a piece.
BobAgentOfHYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:22 PM   #504
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

According to Wikipedia there is also a Spiderman download which sounds like the Tron suit to me - "Black with blue/red/green lights"?

"The suit appears as one of Spider-Man's alternate costumes in the game Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds created by Capcom."
Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:26 PM   #505
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Lebou View Post
According to Wikipedia there is also a Spiderman download which sounds like the Tron suit to me - "Black with blue/red/green lights"?

"The suit appears as one of Spider-Man's alternate costumes in the game Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds created by Capcom."
Its a spidy suit in a up comming current story line, thats what they said on one of the capcom sites.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:47 PM   #506
BobAgentOfHYDRA
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Lebou View Post

This sounds like the "Big Time" costume. What's weird is that this costume is already one of the palette swaps for Spidey, at least the green one. Maybe it's the same thing except the colors alternate between red, green, and blue during the battle.

That being said I think it would be cool if they did either Spider Man 2099 or Scarlet Spider so we could be playing as another "different" character similar to Cap Punisher or MODAM.
BobAgentOfHYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:53 PM   #507
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobAgentOfHYDRA View Post
This sounds like the "Big Time" costume. What's weird is that this costume is already one of the palette swaps for Spidey, at least the green one. Maybe it's the same thing except the colors alternate between red, green, and blue during the battle.

That being said I think it would be cool if they did either Spider Man 2099 or Scarlet Spider so we could be playing as another "different" character similar to Cap Punisher or MODAM.
Maybe that was what they meant rather than as a download then.
Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:12 PM   #508
stormshadow75x
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
Starting to get bad reports from the pros about this game.

Seems like the direction is more of a fan based fun game then a serious torny type of game, which is not a bad thing at all.

id rather them keep this game fun for people then make it all to serious, and focus on SF4 more then this.

Only cause if they keep releasing characters down the line, wont be able to balance it much.
I think the reason why that's the case is due to the fact that many expected that this would be similar to MvC2 & there are many differences. I think most pros are still under going a learning process (except J Wong).

I think you also have to take into account that many current MvC3 players are also SSF4 players & you have to leave the SSF4 mentality @ the door on this one.

I do agree though that putting extra time on learning this game can be tough for a casual gamer. Once AE comes out I'll probably drop it.
stormshadow75x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:28 AM   #509
Kingofthehill78
King Mud

Meh I just finished playing this game and I'm a tad bit disappointed. There was only 4 new characters that I needed to unlock. I thought they would have added more. I was also disappointed on the endings. They were pretty terrible... ( I could understand if I was playing my Old nintendo but for the xbox 360 it was pretty pittiful) plus I thought they would have had more characters from the second game. They didn't even really change the moves on a lot of the characters from the 2nd game. To me it felt like they just put out a game that they knew would make them a ton of money with little to no work. I know many people will disagree with me but I expected more... Especially since this was on a next gen console...I'm not saying this game was the worst game I have played but it feels like something that would have been put out 15 years ago. What I think pisses me the most off is that you have to pay extra to download Jill and that suma guy...they have some balls to do that on a $60 game...
Kingofthehill78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:19 AM   #510
sleepindeath
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobAgentOfHYDRA View Post
First batch is a costume pack dropping March 1st IIRC. It's $5 for the extra costumes for the following six characters:

Captain America - Steve Rogers
Iron Man - Iron Patriot
Thor - Classic Costume
Ryu - Street Fighter 1 Costume
Dante - Sparda Human Form
Chris - S.T.A.R.S. Outfit from RE1

Jill and Shuma Gorath drop on March 15th. I'm hearing from different places that the characters will be $5 a piece.
I take it you will be able to buy what characters you want then, instead of having to pay for both. Usually a great character with a not so good one?
sleepindeath is offline   Reply With Quote