Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #411
Juggernaut
The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Here is a list of what I think will sell very well in this line. (and also ones I would buy)

He-man
Skeletor
Evil-Lynn
Teela
Trap-Jaw
Beastman
Hordak
Stinkor
Mer-man
Man-at-Arms
Man-e-facesScareglow
Sorceress
Battlecat W/He-man
Tri-clops
Two-Bad
Why is it you think these will sell well?
Juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #412
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Parrot View Post
Here's a list of what I think would sell very well as high end statues:

He-Man
Skeletor
Hordak

Anything else you're rolling the dice on. The market just seems so damn fragile these days, that once you get past the iconography of the lead and most widespread popular characters in a series, you seem to be running a constant risk vs reward scenario.

That doesn't mean that other characters, especially if they are done really well, won't sell, Trap Jaw or Teela for instance would be a very strong bet, or a He-Man/Battle Cat or Skeletor/Panthor combo, it's just that I think there are only ever a few guaranteed sellers in any license these days, and even those still have to be done really good to sell.

Plus another factor in a license like this is the realisation that you know you'll never see all the characters made as statues given just how wide and diverse the line up is, so tight from the get go a lot of collectors tend to limit themselves to just buying favourites or characters that they feel they need in order to properly represent the line/license, which fragments the sales of any character that isn't an iconic, must have representative of said license. My take anyhow.

It'll certainly be interesting to see how this one goes...
The sculpting and pricing is gonna be key here ,There is a good chance that you can even pull in the casual he-man fan to purchase them.

As far as the women are concerned if they are sexy enough they will sell and pull in some of the horny nerds.
He-man and skeletor are going to sell anyways ,Visually the rest of them can appeal to the crowds if done right, I believe if he goes too classic with the look's it's gonna tank,1/4 scale collectors want it to be interesting from every angle ,It has to impress even people who don't know much about the character to sell.I would concentrate more on the character than on the base,I know Jerry sometimes goes overboard with the Base,Kitana is a fine example of this,the waves crashing is a bit too much in my opinion.

The Es has to pay a part here as well ,he needs one or two to go berserk in secondary market sales to garner interest.

And The QC ,Man I don't even need to start there,enough is enough.PCS is getting a bad rep in the community for poor quality products.This has to stop.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:42 PM   #413
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
The sculpting and pricing is gonna be key here ,There is a good chance that you can even pull in the casual he-man fan to purchase them.

As far as the women are concerned if they are sexy enough they will sell and pull in some of the horny nerds.
He-man and skeletor are going to sell anyways ,Visually the rest of them can appeal to the crowds if done right, I believe if he goes too classic with the look's it's gonna tank,1/4 scale collectors want it to be interesting from every angle ,It has to impress even people who don't know much about the character to sell.I would concentrate more on the character than on the base,I know Jerry sometimes goes overboard with the Base,Kitana is a fine example of this,the waves crashing is a bit too much in my opinion.

The Es has to pay a part here as well ,he needs one or two to go berserk in secondary market sales to garner interest.

And The QC ,Man I don't even need to start there,enough is enough.PCS is getting a bad rep in the community for poor quality products.This has to stop.
How do you mean? Like in terms of QC? or good sculpts?
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:07 PM   #414
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
Why is it you think these will sell well?
Scareglow, Man-E-Faces and Stinkor are a few of the Characters that have a strong following, even though they are 3rd tier characters (maybe not Man -E-faces he might be a tier 2)
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #415
Juggernaut
The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Scareglow, Man-E-Faces and Stinkor are a few of the Characters that have a strong following, even though they are 3rd tier characters (maybe not Man -E-faces he might be a tier 2)
I was very fond of the action figures as a kid but i would not buy statues of any of them.

The most obscure character I would buy from MOTU would be Twobad or Webstor.
Juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #416
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
I was very fond of the action figures as a kid but i would not buy statues of any of them.

The most obscure character I would buy from MOTU would be Twobad or Webstor.
How can you say that when we have never seen anything? It could be unbelieveable and wind up impressing you much more than you think now.

Just a possibility is all. I don't rule out anything initially because I am known for putting a foot in my mouth.

So until something is shown of the MOTU license from PCS, I am keeping my mouth shut.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:44 PM   #417
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
How do you mean? Like in terms of QC? or good sculpts?
QC mainly, with breakages being a norm. People who i have spoken to just think PCS statues are put together quite cheapely.All the shine that PCS had received from the ryu and akuma aftermarket frenzy has long waned off.I hope it get's better though coz i really like Jerry's attention to detail and he sculpts in a style I really like.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:39 PM   #418
Vracula
Jedi Order

He-man game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d5-y...5&feature=plcp
Old 10-11-2012, 12:12 AM   #419
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
haha that's awesome.. wish it was a PSN download..

it even has Skaar

looks like they could be doing a new movie too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOvua9YBKzs&feature=plcp
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:36 AM   #420
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

How funny would it be if Jerry actually wasn't doing a MOTU line after all of this xD
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote