Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-30-2012, 06:18 AM   #491
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
I'd buy it, but you can bet it will cost about $599. It would be PCSC's most expensive statue yet.

Man these action figures fly off the shelves. Draego Man, Fisto are just booming right now. Fisto is already up to $70 bucks and Draego Man is climbing on his heels.

Frustrating for one like me trying to go back and get all of them...or mostly all of them.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:27 AM   #492
Freon
Howling at the Moon

Reminds me of when Mattel rebooted the figure line back in 2000-ish. Couldn't find any figures in stores except for He-Man, Skeletor and all the variants. They did a great job of killing that line.

I knew there were MOTU figures coming out but I thought it was an online only thing, not available at b&m stores.
Freon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:31 AM   #493
Freon
Howling at the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium_substit View Post
Why doesn't Jerry trump his 1:4 Dredd in complexity and make a 1:4 he-man on battle cat with both being all geared up
I'm guessing Jerry will do this but not for a while, until his MOTU line is more established.
Freon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:08 AM   #494
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Yeah it is right to give he-man fans a shot to get him (the "poster boy") solo first and affordable..

but I just think if a larger 1:4 he-man and battle cat ever were made, it would draw in a larger audience than just die-hard he-man fans.. though you need hardcore fans who want an ultimate representation, there are also people out there who want this bigger stuff.. if Jerry made them realistic, with Battle-Cat having that sort of wild animalistic mannerism and cat-like snarl (I mean true "feline" anatomy and animosity ), and he-man having that sort of fantasty barbarian look.. it would make them both more bestial, and barbarous, as a pair.. but with that fantasy element (think fantasy art with that realism and musculature - like many of these coolest he-man posters posted in some of these threads), and then the battle worn gear also with that fantasy edge.. it would draw in fans of say ARH style who like all the warrior and mythology stuff as well, it would be a real epic diorama.. I mean - a Warrior (and not just any warrior) riding and commanding a huge (I want to swear here) tiger of beastly proportions with that imposing armour adorning him - a beast that would other wise be unapproachable and hostile - there's a dio that would tell a story in itself .. I hope Jerry is going for a more realistic look for he-man, but if his 1:4 he-man is more funimation than realistic, I hope if he revists he-man down the track (w/ battle cat), he makes that one real realistic..
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:58 AM   #495
Punishment1218
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

I've always been a MOTU fan, so all I can say is if this line sees the light of day....I'm all over it. Nuff said!
Punishment1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:26 AM   #496
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Once, sorry... IF , an announcement is made, I'd sure love to hear a few tidbits of what's coming in that first announcement, rather than just what the first piece is. It might calm some of the people who are on the fence due to the Thundercats situation.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:33 PM   #497
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
Once, sorry... IF , an announcement is made, I'd sure love to hear a few tidbits of what's coming in that first announcement, rather than just what the first piece is. It might calm some of the people who are on the fence due to the Thundercats situation.
Well, at least with He-Man there isn't a whole team like the Thundercats. I only remember He-Man hung out with a few other characters. With this line I'm sure people could live with just having He-Man and Skeletor. I just want He-Man and Teela. I don't think many people want a Man-At-Arms statue. Strangely, I think Man-At-Arms was the first MotU figure I picked up.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:16 PM   #498
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Well, at least with He-Man there isn't a whole team like the Thundercats. I only remember He-Man hung out with a few other characters. With this line I'm sure people could live with just having He-Man and Skeletor. I just want He-Man and Teela. I don't think many people want a Man-At-Arms statue. Strangely, I think Man-At-Arms was the first MotU figure I picked up.
I'd love Mat-At-Arms.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:16 PM   #499
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freon View Post
Reminds me of when Mattel rebooted the figure line back in 2000-ish. Couldn't find any figures in stores except for He-Man, Skeletor and all the variants. They did a great job of killing that line.

I knew there were MOTU figures coming out but I thought it was an online only thing, not available at b&m stores.
It is an online only thing. You can't get MOTUC figures at stores like Target, TRU, etc. And that's what makes it so damn impressive. Those figures sell out extremely fast when they go up on Matty.com. Its ridiculous. Some go as fast as 1 hour. Thats crazy!
Old 10-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #500
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Uuuhhh...I don't think you could be further wrong. Its just the opposite. I couldn't live with just He-man and Skeletor. What's the point! Its called Masters (note the s on the end of Master), for a reason. In fact, its the characters outside of He-Man and Skeletor that are more attractive. Hordak? Hello?? Teela, Evil-lyn? Man-at-Arms? Tri-Klops? Trap-jaw? I could go on and on and on.