Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #501
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I'd definitely be up for some sweet female villains. Evil Lyn, Shadow Weaver, Catra (She-Ra) would make awesome PFs.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:56 PM   #502
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
I agree 100%.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:19 PM   #503
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

After He-Man and Skeletor, I hope they lean towards Man at Arms, Beastman, Sorceress, Teela and Orko.

Neca Horsemen did a great job with their line and I own Trap Jaw, Tri-Klops and Skeletor so I hope they don't duplicate characters just yet.

I would eventually would like to see PCS interpretations of those characters later though.
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:03 AM   #504
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Uuuhhh...I don't think you could be further wrong. Its just the opposite. I couldn't live with just He-man and Skeletor. What's the point! Its called Masters (note the s on the end of Master), for a reason. In fact, its the characters outside of He-Man and Skeletor that are more attractive. Hordak? Hello?? Teela, Evil-lyn? Man-at-Arms? Tri-Klops? Trap-jaw? I could go on and on and on.
Well I think you better get ready for disappointment. If PCS couldn't complete the Thundercats line of heroes. All those strange MotU characters don't have a chance. Even if PCS designs them truer to their animated origins. But what do I know, PCS took a risk on that one Darkstalkers zombie character that plays the guitar. Maybe the MotU fees are lower than the Thundercats as well.

I remember some of those characters too. I had a good collection that was tossed by parents. The castle, vehicles, figures, etc. I only had one figure left out of all that which I sold on eBay.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:22 AM   #505
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Well I think you better get ready for disappointment. If PCS couldn't complete the Thundercats line of heroes. All those strange MotU characters don't have a chance. Even if PCS designs them truer to their animated origins. But what do I know, PCS took a risk on that one Darkstalkers zombie character that plays the guitar. Maybe the MotU fees are lower than the Thundercats as well.

I remember some of those characters too. I had a good collection that was tossed by parents. The castle, vehicles, figures, etc. I only had one figure left out of all that which I sold on eBay.

I wouldn't be opposed to seeing PCS do something similar to what Mattel does. Preorder with your credit card (even though you aren't billed until shipping time, but you throw a deposit down or what have you) and if they get enough preorders, they go into production. It seems they have the ability to do this kind of thing like Reptile, granted I get that Reptile was easier due to it mainly being a Scorpion, but still.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:13 PM   #506
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
I wouldn't be opposed to seeing PCS do something similar to what Mattel does. Preorder with your credit card (even though you aren't billed until shipping time, but you throw a deposit down or what have you) and if they get enough preorders, they go into production. It seems they have the ability to do this kind of thing like Reptile, granted I get that Reptile was easier due to it mainly being a Scorpion, but still.
Reptile's pose is different than Scorpion. I guess the fees are a lot lower for Mortal Kombat compared to Thundercats. Even though Reptile is a low edition size. Lower than I thought they needed according to posts about Cheetara. With these teams I think companies really need to decide edition size and get the full line up shown/previewed so people get ready. Since these are limited, they should get a good idea of what they think they can sell and take off a percentage just in case things go wrong with buyers. Then at least they will complete the line.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:15 PM   #507
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Reptile's pose is different than Scorpion. I guess the fees are a lot lower for Mortal Kombat compared to Thundercats. Even though Reptile is a low edition size. Lower than I thought they needed according to posts about Cheetara. With these teams I think companies really need to decide edition size and get the full line up shown/previewed so people get ready. Since these are limited, they should get a good idea of what they think they can sell and take off a percentage just in case things go wrong with buyers. Then at least they will complete the line.
Pose is a little different, but it's essentially the same piece is what I meant. It'll be interesting to see how it's handled.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:00 PM   #508
AnnnaMot
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I agree 100%.
i second that
AnnnaMot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:09 PM   #509
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Looking at all of the buzz and sales from a piece that's just a minor alteration from another piece that requires little work, like Reptile from Mortal Kombat, makes me wonder what else would be a good approach for that...

Old 11-06-2012, 11:24 PM   #510
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
And I'd buy him too. Hell, I'd buy the Star Sisters. Anything MOTU, I am there!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote