Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 08-11-2021, 11:30 PM   #1341
Shinobu Sensui
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

It can take a bit of adjusting and can be fussy. The Alpha hair is longer than the one for SF2. Do you have pics of what part you're struggling with?

I had black paint but it was "Ivory Black" which was darker than the boot. It's all good now.

The boots on Alpha are definitely brown.

Which do you like the most statue-wise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
for me the only way to get that out without using paint stripper is to get very fine sand paper and sand off the bumps then recoat with the paint you used....the paint should go on a lot better after that
That's actually a good idea. I was ripping it off with my fingernail haha.

Sandpaper is brilliant.

Any clay suggestions for sculpting btw? Looking to start on a project this weekend.
Shinobu Sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 11:40 PM   #1342
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobu Sensui View Post
It can take a bit of adjusting and can be fussy. The Alpha hair is longer than the one for SF2. Do you have pics of what part you're struggling with?

I had black paint but it was "Ivory Black" which was darker than the boot. It's all good now.

The boots on Alpha are definitely brown.

Which do you like the most?

Sandpaper is brilliant.

Any clay suggestions for sculpting btw? Looking to start on a project this weekend.
i will post the pictures soon, inspecting 3rd statue (Decapre). i figured out what was the issue comparing your photos with mine and sideshow photos. it looks like the hair piece i got was designed wrong even though they fit they head but not the statue itself. your right hair on killer bee is kinda like S shape, while mine is C shape which get stuck on her body.
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 12:14 AM   #1343
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:

Sandpaper is brilliant.

hobby lobby will have a multi pack of very fine modeling sandpaper....some are so fine its almost like regular printer paper

what kind of sculpting project you got and is it detailed?
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 03:22 AM   #1344
ivory7777

alright here are the pictures with the pony tail issue.

on first 3 pictures i tried to attach the pony tail after attaching the head to the body. the pony tail wouldn't go in cause it was blocked by the shoulder and it was too close to her body that it wouldn't let it slide.

4th picture where i attached the pony tails first and try to attach the head piece but the head piece wouldn't go in because the pony tail would get stuck on her shoulder.

second to last pictures you can see the shape of the pony tails which are different from the sideshow picture in back ground and different compare to yours (left pony tail is fine but right side is completely different).

last picture you can see the pony tail is so close to her body that it is scratching to her lower back.

oh also Decapre statue leg was detached as i picked it up from the box. but when i pressed it closer to the body, it attached itself by a strong magnet. so not sure if that leg suppose to be glued. the magnet was strong enough to hold it. putting batteries in the Decapre head was difficult. my fingers are big so i had to use tweezers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	03.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	269.8 KB
ID:	142052   Click image for larger version

Name:	04.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	227.6 KB
ID:	142053   Click image for larger version

Name:	05.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	205.7 KB
ID:	142054   Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	247.5 KB
ID:	142055   Click image for larger version

Name:	A2.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	241.2 KB
ID:	142056  

Click image for larger version

Name:	B.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	208.8 KB
ID:	142057  
Old 08-12-2021, 08:31 AM   #1345
Shinobu Sensui

The hair on mine comes down a good bit lower than it does on yours. That one on the right seems to be touching her rear just about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
hobby lobby will have a multi pack of very fine modeling sandpaper....some are so fine its almost like regular printer paper

what kind of sculpting project you got and is it detailed?
Modeling sandpaper, just the term I was looking for. I kept finding big giant blocks of it and I needed something more precise.

I'm going to do something really easy starting out, since I'm a novice. I saw some brands get mentioned on Youtube I will try.

I'm going to do Kirby. Super simple and I'd imagine it's not too hard to mess up. Plus I like the little guy.

Old 08-15-2021, 09:00 PM   #1346
ivory7777

Quote:
The hair on mine comes down a good bit lower than it does on yours. That one on the right seems to be touching her rear just about.

Modeling sandpaper, just the term I was looking for. I kept finding big giant blocks of it and I needed something more precise.

I'm going to do something really easy starting out, since I'm a novice. I saw some brands get mentioned on Youtube I will try.

I'm going to do Kirby. Super simple and I'd imagine it's not too hard to mess up. Plus I like the little guy.

yeah. i contacted sideshow and they said that her braids most likely bent because of the heat during shipping or while it was in the storage. they asked me to heat it with hair dryer and gently reshape it.

as for which one i like. from the picture, decapre looked the best but in person not so much and i have mix opinion on all. the face looks better on the classic version but the skin tone for that one is way too dark for cammy. killer bee skin tone suits her more. i like the small braids on the classic one more compare to large one included with killer bee and decapre.
Old 08-16-2021, 02:22 PM   #1347
Shinobu Sensui

That's good that you have a solution.

I think they all have pros about them. I think Delta Cammy's simple outfit highlights her abs and muscles more. I think her boots look neat and detailed as well.

Alpha's outfit I think looks cooler overall (biggest fan of that version).

I think they're all great however.
Old 08-16-2021, 02:36 PM   #1348
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivory7777 View Post
alright here are the pictures with the pony tail issue.

on first 3 pictures i tried to attach the pony tail after attaching the head to the body. the pony tail wouldn't go in cause it was blocked by the shoulder and it was too close to her body that it wouldn't let it slide.

4th picture where i attached the pony tails first and try to attach the head piece but the head piece wouldn't go in because the pony tail would get stuck on her shoulder.

second to last pictures you can see the shape of the pony tails which are different from the sideshow picture in back ground and different compare to yours (left pony tail is fine but right side is completely different).

last picture you can see the pony tail is so close to her body that it is scratching to her lower back.

oh also Decapre statue leg was detached as i picked it up from the box. but when i pressed it closer to the body, it attached itself by a strong magnet. so not sure if that leg suppose to be glued. the magnet was strong enough to hold it. putting batteries in the Decapre head was difficult. my fingers are big so i had to use tweezers

ooooo...pic #5 and #6 money shot pics....thats where the $1K went
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 04:50 PM   #1349
cool1sky
Fantastic Four

I have both the Killer Bee and Delta Red Cammy. Both are fantastic but I like Delta Red Cammy the most. IMO the face looks better on Delta Red Cammy and definitely highlights her muscles a lot better. I still believe the SFV version of her classic outfit would have been better tho. The added shoulder and thigh holsters and additional texture on her suit would have made the piece sooooooo CLEAN!! I still love what we got in the end though.
cool1sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 10:47 PM   #1350
Shinobu Sensui

I painted the boots of my Delta Cammy again and will apply varnish once it fully dries. I am ready for it to stand up on display again! I'll take photos when its done (finger's crossed). In comparison on Alpha and Delta, I like the face on both but the head looks different fully covered. Funny enough I measured both bodies and found the Alpha's proportions were just ever so wider at the hips (a fraction of an inch). Maybe that's why it always looked different side by side and in photos. The SFV version would have looked great but I think it works and is iconic. They did thicken her up ala SFV though.

Happy for your purchase.