Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 03-24-2022, 11:05 AM   #221
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
They posted on FB this morning that it is a first proto and there will be changes.

Not sure I buy that 100% - printing, painting, and putting it up for PO means they felt good running with this, and there is significant cost pulling all of that together (+ all of the approvals needed). Don't save face, say "we heard your feedback and we're going to make some changes".
I don't think it's up for PO, is it?
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 11:07 AM   #222
SDguy

Quote:
They posted on FB this morning that it is a first proto and there will be changes.

Not sure I buy that 100% - printing, painting, and putting it up for PO means they felt good running with this, and there is significant cost pulling all of that together (+ all of the approvals needed). Don't save face, say "we heard your feedback and we're going to make some changes".
"initial prototype sample" is the term they used WTF is that?
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 11:10 AM   #223
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
"initial prototype sample" is the term they used WTF is that?
Weren't we just told on the previous page that companies would lose their license by producing "WIP" concepts?
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 11:25 AM   #224
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
Weren't we just told on the previous page that companies would lose their license by producing "WIP" concepts?
Yes, yes we were.

Here's my theory. This was the Magneto that they were going to sell. They already printed it, painted it, put it on display and even started taking people's orders for it.

Once they realized the huge majority of the community doesn't like it, now they're backpedaling claiming it's just a rough draft, or a "initial prototype sample."

Had everyone been drooling over this, they wouldn't be changing a thing.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 11:41 AM   #225
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Yes, yes we were.

Here's my theory. This was the Magneto that they were going to sell. They already printed it, painted it, put it on display and even started taking people's orders for it.

Once they realized the huge majority of the community doesn't like it, now they're backpedaling claiming it's just a rough draft, or a "initial prototype sample."

Pretty hard to argue with that theory.

This is 100% what happened....
Old 03-24-2022, 12:05 PM   #226
MPCanes
The X-Men

You were able to order it at the store, I believe. The exact words from FB:

"To those who is concerning about the dawn of X magneto...
Pls do not worry about those issues that u guys see now...this is just the very initial prototype sample , not the final...we already aware of it.
ps: Pls be patience"

So not just an initial prototype sample, a very initial prototype sample!
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 12:36 PM   #227
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
You were able to order it at the store, I believe. The exact words from FB:

"To those who is concerning about the dawn of X magneto...
Pls do not worry about those issues that u guys see now...this is just the very initial prototype sample , not the final...we already aware of it.
ps: Pls be patience"

So not just an initial prototype sample, a very initial prototype sample!
And yet, taking POs?

When they can "lose their license" for showing WIP pieces? Pretty big risk...

I'm going to echo NorthernLadMSP's comments... This is damage control because very few collectors are happy with this Magneto. If it were received differently, there would be no WIP talk and none of this "stay tuned and be patient for the full changes".

Both of these comments are so contradictory. They really must think people were born yesterday, C'mon..
Old 03-24-2022, 12:49 PM   #228
MPCanes
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
And yet, taking POs?

When they can "lose their license" for showing WIP pieces? Pretty big risk...

I'm going to echo NorthernLadMSP's comments... This is damage control because very few collectors are happy with this Magneto. If it were received differently, there would be no WIP talk and none of this "stay tuned and be patient for the full changes".

Both of these comments are so contradictory. They really must think people were born yesterday, C'mon..
Spot on. My guess is they are completely underwhelmed with order numbers and this is their pivot. Why not just assume we are smarter than the average bear and say "we heard your feedback loud and clear, changes are coming!"

Maybe it's cultural? IDK. XM has always been great at listening to feedback (moreso than SS or P1, IMO), so the tone here is weird.

It does stink, though - no doubt their artists worked really hard on this, and unfortunately sometimes things just look off in the final result when it looked better in concept. I do think there's a great piece here if they can fix it, but they've really got to do quite a bit of work IMO.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 02:15 PM   #229
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I?m not a fan of the costume details, I?m always going to prefer closer to classic, but I don?t think this looks bad. I can see this being a panel from the comics at the aftermath of a battle with Magneto emerging to rejoin the other mutants.
Expectations are high as are the prices and this piece needs work. Torso shows no life or movement like something you would see in a plastic figure. Cape looks like plastic. Chest piece design looks like he mounted push lights to spotlight his face. And who da fuq is this guy?

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 02:25 PM   #230
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Yes, yes we were.

I agree with the others. This seems to be exactly what happened.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote