Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-29-2022, 06:03 AM   #331
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

"The XM Team wanted to accommodate collectors who would like to feature Magneto either with or without his helmet, and so this release comes with head switch-outs featuring Magneto with two portraits. It also comes with four right arm switch-outs, one featuring Magneto with a balled fist, another featuring him reaching out for an off-screen display of his powers, the third with Magneto holding on to his helmet and the last featuring him using his powers to cradle a flower of Krakoa within a Sentinel eyeball.

Collectors can also look forward to a companion piece featuring Professor X soon."

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 01:31 PM   #332
neo225
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conehead View Post
Not the worst ...
Sums it up for me too.

The switchouts are nice.
The scuplt is passable.
I've resigned myself to him pretty much always being on some kind of Sentinel base.

The thing I don't like is the XM'ification of the suit. Those stretch panels just ruin it for me.
But that's kind of their thing so . . . *sigh*

I already have the LBS version on order, but even if I didn't, I'd have a hard time talking myself into this one.
neo225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 07:59 PM   #333
dw316
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Apparently they just knocked $200 off the price... for, reasons.
whats the USD price been updated to?
dw316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 01:36 AM   #334
Peedi
The Secret Six

The ball was dropped on this Magneto’s costume so we’ll see about Professor X but since this is “Dawn of X” if XM can do proper costumes for Cyclops and Storm without throwing in the unnecessary details they typically do then I’M IN 100% but knowing XM if they even attempt those 2 it’ll be something from their imaginations and not the comic pages. Sometimes they just really need to stick to the source material.

EDIT statue companies go through lengths to come up with products that are often confused in execution when it should be so much easier, even the image of Magneto on this cover set on an actual Krakoan base with no Sentinel could’ve provided a better basis for a “Dawn of X” statue.

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 09:56 AM   #335
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Yeah, agreed with Peedi. If Storm is comic accurate I would totally buy a new statue in that costume. As I said in the SS Storm thread, the costume is detailed enough on it's own. It doesn't need extra buckles, zippers and armor plates.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 11:17 AM   #336
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Yeah, agreed with Peedi. If Storm is comic accurate I would totally buy a new statue in that costume. As I said in the SS Storm thread, the costume is detailed enough on it's own. It doesn't need extra buckles, zippers and armor plates.
That Storm is a great look, but what about the others? Assuming that follow-ons kinda stick to Dawn of X designs.

From that cover Jean and especially Wolverine should be good to go, but what about Cyclops? That look doesn't do anything for me, so would people be interested? Professor X is very different from anything available, but it also looks pretty cool.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 12:33 PM   #337
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
That Storm is a great look, but what about the others? Assuming that follow-ons kinda stick to Dawn of X designs.

From that cover Jean and especially Wolverine should be good to go, but what about Cyclops? That look doesn't do anything for me, so would people be interested? Professor X is very different from anything available, but it also looks pretty cool.
I'm only interested in Storm, so I'm not the best person to ask. Though, I would totally take an Emma Frost like this.

NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 12:36 PM   #338
SDguy

While I love the way Emma's drawn, that costume is a hard pass for me.

PS - look at Storm's hair, LOOK AT IT! We need a statue of that look.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 01:20 PM   #339
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
While I love the way Emma's drawn, that costume is a hard pass for me.

PS - look at Storm's hair, LOOK AT IT! We need a statue of that look.
I do like that Emma a lot, but that's what I'm curious about: if you're a hard pass on that costume, what kind of legs does this line have? Any alternate design will probably get only a chunk of the interest of the Lee/Cockrum versions.

Most recent X-Man, Nightcrawler, only had a 299 ES and the alternate design White Knight line is looking weak so far.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 01:41 PM   #340
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
I do like that Emma a lot, but that's what I'm curious about: if you're a hard pass on that costume, what kind of legs does this line have? Any alternate design will probably get only a chunk of the interest of the Lee/Cockrum versions.

Most recent X-Man, Nightcrawler, only had a 299 ES and the alternate design White Knight line is looking weak so far.
I mean, never say never, I guess, I could be swayed. I'm just not sure I want any character in a bolero jacket... the jackets are my least favorite parts of the Lee designs, in fact. So maybe it's just me

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3c0ee42ba5e5611a8f16eaf189d3a359321d.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	399.2 KB
ID:	154133  
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote